New T9 Premium US Destroyer USS Johnston

OldSchoolGaming_Youtube

Posted (edited)

New T9 Premium US DD Johnston with SAP, 13.5 km slow torps and a Funny button that apparently out DPMs his ordinary DPM so better to just Funny button on cooldown.

And available for ................... drumroll ........... give us all your pension money, re-mortgage your house, make a bogus insurance claim - Loot boxes

What I seen so far its a fairly interesting ship and pretty well balanced (feels weird)

And thank good ...... No airplanes, no 20 bombers on its deck, no torpedo squadron......

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

• OldSchoolGaming_Youtube changed the title to New T9 Premium US Destroyer USS Johnston

Seems pretty strong, and potentially horrible to fight as another triangle. 

Fortunately sky cancer made me quit destroyers anyway.

Sounds good!

image.jpeg.24378bde5e63927c7a77bf663a9e1824.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

IIRC, the burst fire cooldown is such that failing to land shots will be extremely punishing, which combined with US 5”/38 ballistics will limit the ability to effectively apply that DPM to very close ranges.

For whatever reason, I'm just reminded of a scene in an Austin Powers movie.  
Referencing the 57 to 65 second time frame.  🙂 

Austin Powers 2 / Dr.Evil's Spaceship Scene

• Haha 4

Admiral bundle, thats around 50k doublons?

40 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

No airplanes,

::: Laughing in *Halford*  :::  😄 

11 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

Admiral bundle, thats around 50k doublons?

Heard that Rhode Island will cost about 35 K of doubloons. So I assume Johnston will then go for ca. 25 k since it's T IX. 

• Sad 1

I guess Happy Fourth to us... We get teased with a fun ship but it is hellish to try and acquire... Lets hope it becomes a Coal ship in about 6 months...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WOW!! GREAT!!😛

Only 50k DUBS!!🤪

I'm a DD main so you KNOW I am SO excited.🥰

I have about 103K Dubs in the bank right now..🤑

I can't WAIT for the ship to be available.🤩

I'll Still have 103K Dubs though.😏

Nice try WG🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

And available for ................... drumroll ........... give us all your pension money, re-mortgage your house, make a bogus insurance claim - Loot boxes

LOL They really are desperate for our money.

And I still have ships I got from the New Year's Certificates that I still have to learn how to play. LOL

It’s definitely a fun ship, and pretty potent against other DDs if you can aim and account for the USN ballistics. I still think it’s funny that your dpm if you only use burst is still higher than normal firing, but WG apparently feels it’s fine.

Of course, the expected price tags are high as usual. I think she’s worth having, but as always don’t spend more than you’re willing to. And don’t give WeeGee money for loot boxes. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

It’s definitely a fun ship, and pretty potent against other DDs if you can aim and account for the USN ballistics. I still think it’s funny that your dpm if you only use burst is still higher than normal firing, but WG apparently feels it’s fine.

Of course, the expected price tags are high as usual. I think she’s worth having, but as always don’t spend more than you’re willing to. And don’t give WeeGee money for loot boxes. 

I also think its a fun but definitely not a overpowered ship. And am convinced that WG is totally un-aware of the Gimmick on cooldown gives greater DPM than normal salvos, because for them to understand that they would have needed to do extensive testing and some actual calculations. So im guessing if we talk about it too much then will finally notice it and then come up with some BS spreadsheet reason for them to "Nerf/balance" the funny button so the normal DPM is slightly better than just using the Funny button at all time (Mark my words on this. They DONT know....)

The ship is imho not worth spending a dime on when it comes to real money or doubloons, but when it finally gets released for Coal I will definitely buy it with Coal+Coupon.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Schnitchelkid01_ said:

I guess Happy Fourth to us... We get teased with a fun ship but it is hellish to try and acquire... Lets hope it becomes a Coal ship in about 6 months...

Don't think that will ever happen, same with Rhode Island.

6 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

I also think its a fun but definitely not a overpowered ship. And am convinced that WG is totally un-aware of the Gimmick on cooldown gives greater DPM than normal salvos, because for them to understand that they would have needed to do extensive testing and some actual calculations. So im guessing if we talk about it too much then will finally notice it and then come up with some BS spreadsheet reason for them to "Nerf/balance" the funny button so the normal DPM is slightly better than just using the Funny button at all time (Mark my words on this. They DONT know....)

The ship is imho not worth spending a dime on when it comes to real money or doubloons, but when it finally gets released for Coal I will definitely buy it with Coal+Coupon.

My bet is they absolutely know...and are leaving it in so that they can incentivize the loot boxes...

...then when the sales drop, they will 'remember', and fix the 'bug'.

Bait and switch. It's how they have released every CV line since the rework.

7 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

image.thumb.png.ab406da504dbdc555a29260daeb9e4e7.png

??????

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/516

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When exactly? This week? This weekend? or next patch? Anyone know?

1 hour ago, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

When exactly? This week? This weekend? or next patch? Anyone know?

I believe that is goes on sale July 3rd....At least that is was what I thought I heard mentioned on a recent WG Twitch stream...

Presumably, this thing is the main event for Treacherous Colonials day?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

My bet is they absolutely know...and are leaving it in so that they can incentivize the loot boxes...

...then when the sales drop, they will 'remember', and fix the 'bug'.

Bait and switch. It's how they have released every CV line since the rework.

8 hours ago, Unlooky said:

So they actually did the math ... for once?! Daaaaamn.

Then im guessing it is exactly what @Daniel_Allan_Clark said.

Is it anyone more than me that thinks this is a bit weird if they did this on purpose? Why have a Funny button gimmick on a ship if said gimmick engaged at all times will provide a better DPM then normal play? Why not just remove the Funny button then and just give it a great standard, more Sherman-ish DPM from the start?! So what will basically happen is that any Johnston player will push "F" at start of the game and then never disengage it during the entire battle.....?!

The lord and WeeGee works in mysterious ways ......

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

So they actually did the math ... for once?! Daaaaamn.

Then im guessing it is exactly what @Daniel_Allan_Clark said.

Is it anyone more than me that thinks this is a bit weird if they did this on purpose? Why have a Funny button gimmick on a ship if said gimmick engaged at all times will provide a better DPM then normal play? Why not just remove the Funny button then and just give it a great standard, more Sherman-ish DPM from the start?! So what will basically happen is that any Johnston player will push "F" at start of the game and then never disengage it during the entire battle.....?!

The lord and WeeGee works in mysterious ways ......

I've got to agree........sometimes it's just "a mystery...."

And, I've got to wonder in this "era of US Clones"...........when will it be finished?  I mean, we made almost a 1,000 DD's in WW2.   At this point, we have what 894 more to go and at some point, they will have to resort to weather, seasonal, map or time of day gimmicks because even our host can't possibly create 842 more unique gimmicks?

Can they????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Asym said:

because even our host can't possibly create 842 more unique gimmicks?

Can they????

Would that be similar to creating a thousand flavors of vodka?

• Haha 2