Save the Zeppelin!!

SoshiSone

The last position of a red DD is marked on mini-map at A8.  It’s a relatively old mark, but given its direction I decide to head around to assist our CV…just in case.  I’ve been dark a good bit of time too, so my movement is unseen by the reds. 

It’s not often everything lines up where you get to surprise a DD and defend your CV at the same time.  I’ve had my share of hunting CVs in a DD, and it’s that anticipation of clearing the land mass and finding the CV sitting there ready to take a DS load of torps.  So I’m well aware of the surprise one would get when clearing the land mass and finding a CL in defense instead of the CV. 

But it’s not over.  There is a cruiser following up the DD and the CV is exposed.  Time to run a smoke screen.  Another glorious engagement. 

The “what a save” in chat was the icing on the cake. 

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

That was a pretty cool assist 👍

Edited by ArIskandir
  • Like 2

Great job! I only wished that you would have been in one of my recent random games when I was sailing the "GZ" and successfully stalked by a DD. I managed to sink it (Gaede) with my extraordinary good and numerous secondaries, but he was still able to fire two sets of torps ... ouch.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SoshiSone said:

The last position of a red DD is marked on mini-map at A8.  It’s a relatively old mark, but given its direction I decide to head around to assist our CV…just in case.  I’ve been dark a good bit of time too, so my movement is unseen by the reds. 

It’s not often everything lines up where you get to surprise a DD and defend your CV at the same time.  I’ve had my share of hunting CVs in a DD, and it’s that anticipation of clearing the land mass and finding the CV sitting there ready to take a DS load of torps.  So I’m well aware of the surprise one would get when clearing the land mass and finding a CL in defense instead of the CV. 

But it’s not over.  There is a cruiser following up the DD and the CV is exposed.  Time to run a smoke screen.  Another glorious engagement. 

The “what a save” in chat was the icing on the cake. 

The phrase "Totally worth it!" comes to mind.  🙂 
Well played @SoshiSone.  
DrinkingWolfKampai_facebooksticker_saved_08-10-2022_.jpg.0377579576815b619e5af96bb3539fd8.jpg 

• Like 1

That ... Was awesome to watch 👍😎