Apparently I missed something

SunkCostFallacy

I try to keep up with the news in-game, but it seems that I failed to notice something and I may be suffering some selective blindness, but I can't find it now that I'm looking.

I just got a Portal Chip, and I don't know why. smileytongue.gif.fe902ab22717c1b5f4145a5a20d211c2.gif

Any insight for an old fart?

• Like 2

I got one too. I checked the news feed, but I couldn't find anything.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, oldblackdog said:

I got one too. I checked the news feed, but I couldn't find anything.

I received 1 portal chip alongside 102024 credits when I logged in this morning. The latter corresponds to the consolation prize for an incorrect match pick in the Euro 2024 event, so my guess is that WG is using portal chips to track players’ progress in that event, handing them out for each correct prediction.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

yeah just logged in received a portal chip, could have something to do with soccer ? say if you pick a winning team perhaps ?  

• Like 3

Considering I have two portal chips and two correct predictions, it is extremely likely part of the Beautiful Game tracking.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I received an email about the football thingy telling me I won a prize and log in the game to collect.

Can confirm the portal chip is for the soccer game thingy. Perhaps players who correctly guessed the winner of both games got 2 portal chippies.

Screenshot 2024-06-30 212304.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@UnderTheRadarAgain has it.  There's a thread (I'm OP with schedules and odds) in General Discussion on it and you can find the relevant information in-game in the Armory under the (EU) Football icon.  The Beautiful Game.

Your Daily combat mission "Beautiful Game" allows you to earn "picks" that one uses in the Armory to win prizes... even a loss gives you a few credits so there's no reason NOT to participate.

@SunkCostFallacy must have chosen a few games in order to get a portal chip!  I accidentally tripped over it as well just in time to pick (wrong) the first match!

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

Ah ... that football/soccer thing.

Now I understand.

Thanks everyone, for clearing that up SaluteSmiley.gif.d201e2f70da9e26e45200f81833dbaa0.gif

• Like 1