The Beautiful Game (Ongoing)

Arcus_Aesopi

2 hours ago, Arcus_Aesopi said:

Congrats on everyone that got stuff from this cross promotion!  Spain 2-1 in the final as @Slammer58 reported. 😄 

If you skipped the first half like I did, it was exciting!

13/15 for me, so I'll have a Tier 8 boat chest to keep until there's a new T-8 for me to collect, or when I finally accidentally open "all" containers, some silver coin...  *sigh*  Special congrats to the folks that made it to the T-IX box.  As far as I know, none of our forum dwellers made the 15/15 mark, but please let us know if you did so we can all share in your joy!

Absolutely a great promotion since I enjoyed something I wouldn't even have noticed and got some in-game freebies for free.

This is one where you have to thank the WG crew for doing a good thing.

Best regards!

I strongly suspect that we won't see such a promotion again.  I think it was a bit too easy, from WG's perspective, to get stuff out of this one.  I missed being able to pick once due to real life and Turkey lost me a number of other points, first when picking against them and finally when I picked them, and I still got a Tier VI container.  I have all of the ships in the Tier V container, so I may try to save that until WG adds a Tier V premium to the list that I don't have.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Helstrem said:

I strongly suspect that we won't see such a promotion again.  I think it was a bit too easy, from WG's perspective, to get stuff out of this one.  

Unfortunately I agree with that, although it was very nice event and watching matches got a completely different charge when cheering for teams one does not really like, but bet on them 😄

Thanks to Spanish win I will be able to get tier VIII container. Hopefully I will get a decent ship, not like from the previous containers (Murmansk, Duca d'Aosta and Duca delli Abruzzi - not a ideal haul for DD main who also plays some BBs).

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Zerstoerherr said:

Hopefully I will get a decent ship, not like from the previous containers (Murmansk, Duca d'Aosta and Duca delli Abruzzi - not a ideal haul for DD main who also plays some BBs).

Hopefully so, but even without that, they are ships for free that you'll never get in another container and they are snowflakes.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Helstrem said:

I strongly suspect that we won't see such a promotion again.  I think it was a bit too easy, from WG's perspective, to get stuff out of this one.  I missed being able to pick once due to real life and Turkey lost me a number of other points, first when picking against them and finally when I picked them, and I still got a Tier VI container.  I have all of the ships in the Tier V container, so I may try to save that until WG adds a Tier V premium to the list that I don't have.

Even if a WoWS gamer is a complete layman when it comes to football/soccer and places his/her bet only according to which team has more favorable odds, by participating in the event he/she can get an event flag, event commander Marco Materazzi, and very possibly premium ships of Tiers 5, 6, 7 and even 8 simply by logging in and earn Football tokens for 15 days and placing bets correctly in time.

This is incredibly generous in hindsight.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Yes, it is indeed. I had a lot of fun in this event, and I’m very happy with my gifts from it, it doesn’t really matter what they are. A gift is a gift. I very much appreciate this event from WG.

• Like 2

I lucked out on a ship but worthy event nonetheless.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Even if a WoWS gamer is a complete layman when it comes to football/soccer and places his/her bet only according to which team has more favorable odds, by participating in the event he/she can get an event flag, event commander Marco Materazzi, and very possibly premium ships of Tiers 5, 6, 7 and even 8 simply by logging in and earn Football tokens for 15 days and placing bets correctly in time.

Yeah.  It feels like they gamed it out with the odds of getting the good stuff calculated as though the picks were done randomly, or as though each team had an equal chance to win.  A "spherical cows" kind of calculation, which like spherical cow calculations, isn't a very useful depiction of reality.

• Like 2

Alleluiah !
I avoided the CVs  😛 

image.png?ex=66962c4d&is=6694dacd&hm=2fcea2e53247bbe0c125959e3d28f294b40c4e2ed10dcc0f80ac0d337813cb48&=

But it's over : can't go further.

• Like 2

Another ship I know nothing about...I hope it is reasonably good...

Euro 2025 Tier VIII.jpg

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, djc_499 said:

Another ship I know nothing about...I hope it is reasonably good...

Euro 2025 Tier VIII.jpg

Not too bad if i remember correctly, i think the main problem with it is, that it isn't all that fast.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Imho WG just got unlucky.

Spain might've had 95% chances, accoding to the bookies, of getting past Georgia, but most other matches were a lot closer, around 60-40 or 55-45. It was reasonable to expect that, if one always picked the favorites, he'd get maybe 10-11 rewards out of 15, not 13.

Edited by tocqueville8
  • Like 2

Ahh, here we go! Another BB I didn't have yet from the T8 container. And while she doesn't have any funny gimmicks, the boosts to protection values aren't exactly minor. Like that whole extra 30% Torpedo protection. That will be quite nice against aerial torpedo drops from CVs.

WoW_T8_USN_BB.jpg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, tocqueville8 said:

Imho WG just got unlucky.

Spain might've had 95% chances, accoding to the bookies, of getting past Georgia, but most other matches were a lot closer, around 60-40 or 55-45. It was reasonable to expect that, if one always picked the favorites, he'd get maybe 10-11 rewards out of 15, not 13.

Just picking the betting favorite in every game at the last Euros would have been 10/15, not 13/15. I went in thinking that the T6 crate would be a great success.

• Like 4

From my T9 crate.  I may have to learn to play CVs. 

image.png.2b182e5e5c15f9ce21aacf38d6918e98.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Slammer58 said:

Congrats, nice ship, she is on my wishlist for some time now, but always when i'm in the process of getting her, something else comes along.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slammer58 said:

Good news for you is that of all the aviation BBs in the game Kearsarge is the one that benefits the most from playing like a standard BB with only the occasional use of the planes vs. trying to cycle them on cooldown. Everyone makes a big deal about her planes (which have Tiny Tim rockets, so less useful than the tech tree ships’ HE bombs), but her standout feature is having 12 NC/SD 16”/45 guns on a reasonably mobile hull. If you can adapt to their ballistics that’s a lot of firepower at tier IX.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 4

So the Britts did not win, but I did:

Spoiler

shot-24_07.15_18_01.56-0370.thumb.jpg.67a2ada7829c6133109aa861efd731b0.jpg

Another ship I did not bought in the trade in event because I expected her to come eventually.

• Like 3

Not the ship I was hoping for but couldn't beat the price. 

PXL_20240715_235950852.jpg

• Like 7

only got the T5 crate.

received 6 million credits as I have 'most' of the ships

I was all excited for my Tier VIII box and..... well I am deeply disappointed... Send Help....

(There should seriously be an option of just not getting subs in those containers.... I hate them with a passion...)
Screenshot(206).thumb.png.ff20c348368ba50c83c1213017e17ffa.png

Edited by Schnitchelkid01_
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

45 minutes ago, Schnitchelkid01_ said:

I was all excited for my Tier VIII box and..... well I am deeply disappointed... Send Help....

You have my condolences. One of the guild members got a S-189 in his T8 box and the immediate result was 😭 emoticons in the guild Discord.

At least I can trade it in and get the Rodney or something the next time the trade in event happens....

• Like 1

T7 container got me FR25. It is my 24th out of 30 ships from list of ships that we could got from container so 6 more to go

Screenshot2024-07-15142522.thumb.jpg.0f3ee1efceeaff8cfd7eb5776cc13832.jpg

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, fumtu said:

T7 container got me FR25. It is my 24th out of 30 ships from list of ships that we could got from container so 6 more to go

Congrats, I wanted this DD so much, but got Abruzzi instead.

• Like 1