The Beautiful Game (Ongoing)

Arcus_Aesopi

So, I think some of us are within range of the free T9 Premium container, me included, if I guess the winner of Spain vs England.  Anyone going to be able to grab that free any coal/doubloon ship coupon???

15 hours ago, Zerstoerherr said:

For this reason I bought Okt. revolucija, Kirov and Aigle to be sure not to get any coal tier V or VI ship from those containers. Unfortunately I don't have enough coal to waste it on buying Flint and Duke of York to do the same with tier VII container. Hopefully I won't get DoY again, that thing is like a bumerang. Don't remember where I got it (certainly not bought it with dubs or coal), traded it in first Trade-in event for Sims and got it back 2 weeks later in supercontainer. 

Is there a list of the T7 ships in this crate? If the flint is an option I think that's the only one I could pull. 

21 minutes ago, GandalfTehGray said:

Is there a list of the T7 ships in this crate? If the flint is an option I think that's the only one I could pull. 

Look in the armory at the community tokens section.  If the T7 crate is still there, it will give the list of boats available in the crate.

I'm saving mine to open when the list changes.

Good luck!

24 minutes ago, GandalfTehGray said:

I checked and there doesn't appear to be Flint on the list of ships

Opened tier VI container today and got Duca d'Aosta. Not great not terrible. At least it's a good looking ship.

shot-24_07.12_08_16.47-0969.thumb.jpg.4bf638f4e4edb6b2370d2662eabff09a.jpg

Edited by Zerstoerherr
  • Like 3

I got the Toulon yesterday evening. The one and only premium Tier VII that I lacked.
Good thing.

As for the rest, If Spain does not fail, I should go for the Tier VIII premium crate (knowing that my legendary luck will probably bring me a CV... 😛 ). But there is always a "if".

Anyway I won't be able to go further. Sad.  😞 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GandalfTehGray said:

The Flint is available with coal only (168K).
The list of the ships available is given under the image. Just click and it's expand the page.

6 minutes ago, Silence_CN said:

I got the Toulon yesterday evening. The one and only premium Tier VII that I lacked.
Good thing.

As for the rest, If Spain does not fail, I should go for the Tier VIII premium crate (knowing that my legendary luck will probably bring me a CV... 😛 ). But there is always a "if".

Anyway I won't be able to go further. Sad.  😞 

same here, if Spain holds out I will hopefully get a Tier VIII. As for getting a CV, you can always trade it in during the trade in event when it comes around again.

Just now, Schnitchelkid01_ said:

As for getting a CV, you can always trade it in during the trade in event when it comes around again.

You're right. I could. I'll consider this.
But it implies that I have gold... which is not the case and I don't want to feed WG with my salary 🙂.

Came home to find I had gotten a tier 6 crate

After the letdown of my tier 5 crate giving the same DD you get from the battlepass premium line, I had hopes I'd score a nice BB. Nope, russian molotov. That's now 3 free premium russian ships I'll never play. Le sigh. 

All my hopes rest on the last match so I can get a tier 7 crate. But with this luck, I'll probably get scharnhorst, since I already have her in '43 guise. 

17 hours ago, Slammer58 said:

So, I think some of us are within range of the free T9 Premium container, me included, if I guess the winner of Spain vs England.  Anyone going to be able to grab that free any coal/doubloon ship coupon???

I think Turkey messed up the Free purchase coupon for everyone!  But the rest of the stuff is still free!  🙂 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Arcus_Aesopi said:

I think Turkey messed up the Free purchase coupon for everyone!  But the rest of the stuff is still free!  🙂 

And England. They kept winning by the skin of their teeth. They weren’t playing like the favorite in each game, and a lot of people were predicting their luck would eventually run out.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

And England. They kept winning by the skin of their teeth. They weren’t playing like the favorite in each game, and a lot of people were predicting their luck would eventually run out.

Yes. And remember :"it's never over till it's over".
Especially with our cousins on the other side of the Channel.

(though I tend to deeply agree with your statement 🙂 )

• Like 1

This is me:

I put my money/token on England/UK in the final because in the great Netflix documentary about David Beckham he cooks in an awesome outdoor wood burning kitchen in his garden (maybe created by the likewise awesome movie director Guy Ritchie), and im a Foodie so they got my vote.

• Haha 1

We just had independence day so I couldn't go for England in the final. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, Silence_CN said:

The Flint is available with coal only (168K).
The list of the ships available is given under the image. Just click and it's expand the page.

Thanks! Was able to confirm I had all the T5-7 ships.

If Spain can pull it out I do need a few from the T8 crate. 

Edited by GandalfTehGray
  • Like 1

On 7/12/2024 at 1:50 PM, mashed68 said:

That's now 3 free premium russian ships I'll never play. Le sigh. 

Why not?

On 7/12/2024 at 7:26 PM, Arcus_Aesopi said:

Realistically we can get T7 container, prizes for T8 or higher are for 1% who got super lucky

29 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Why not?

Personal bias. 

4 minutes ago, mashed68 said:

Personal bias. 

I was the same way once. I changed my mind and had a lot more fun.

Spain v England reminder!  Get your pick in soon for "The Beautiful Game", it starts at 3 PM Eastern (US) Time.

Currently:

Spain Victory is favored by the money line to win outright in regulation.

Draw in regulation is second place bet option.

England victory (somehow... which is what they've done to this point) is last according to bettors.

Good luck and enjoy!

• Like 4

I went for the Netherlands in the semis like a fool, but at least I bagged a Tier 8 thanks to la Roja ☺️🇪🇸

I was worried after the equalizer, but you can't make a comeback four times in a row, ffs...

• Like 1

Congrats on everyone that got stuff from this cross promotion!  Spain 2-1 in the final as @Slammer58 reported. 😄 

If you skipped the first half like I did, it was exciting!

13/15 for me, so I'll have a Tier 8 boat chest to keep until there's a new T-8 for me to collect, or when I finally accidentally open "all" containers, some silver coin...  *sigh*  Special congrats to the folks that made it to the T-IX box.  As far as I know, none of our forum dwellers made the 15/15 mark, but please let us know if you did so we can all share in your joy!

Absolutely a great promotion since I enjoyed something I wouldn't even have noticed and got some in-game freebies for free.

This is one where you have to thank the WG crew for doing a good thing.

Best regards!

• Like 3