The Beautiful Game (Ongoing)

Arcus_Aesopi

1 hour ago, Aethervox said:

I'm following the Copa America as I'm in 'America' (the northern part aka Canada) & Canada gets to play Uruguay for 3rd place ('fingies' crossed Canada can win). Uruguay has 'Chewie', as in Luis Sanchez, aka Chewie the vampire ear biter.

Me too...though the thug squad play is often disheartening to watch.

At least in the Colombia / Uruguay semifinal the referee was occasionally compensating the players with the yellow cards their violence was earning.

Though the decision to restart play with an injured player down on the pitch was bafflingly stupid.

• Like 2

WG slow on the game awards this morning. 🤨

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Slammer58 said:

WG slow on the game awards this morning. 🤨

Patch day, EU. I think they were slow for NA yester-day also.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, thornzero said:

Patch day, EU. I think they were slow for NA yester-day also.

Yup, just checked and I'm still waiting on the portal token/claim.   The finals choice is up now and a new news article dropped, so things are starting to update 🙂

I guess we have to be patient... whatever that is...

😄 

• Like 2

Just got my token, grabbed my box, and... Blyskawica was the result. On the one hand I'm slightly disappointed its a relatively cheap coal ship that dropped. On the other hand, its still a completely free ship drop with a 10 point captain along for the ride.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kynami said:

Just got my token, grabbed my box, and... Blyskawica was the result. On the one hand I'm slightly disappointed its a relatively cheap coal ship that dropped. On the other hand, its still a completely free ship drop with a 10 point captain along for the ride.

For this reason I bought Okt. revolucija, Kirov and Aigle to be sure not to get any coal tier V or VI ship from those containers. Unfortunately I don't have enough coal to waste it on buying Flint and Duke of York to do the same with tier VII container. Hopefully I won't get DoY again, that thing is like a bumerang. Don't remember where I got it (certainly not bought it with dubs or coal), traded it in first Trade-in event for Sims and got it back 2 weeks later in supercontainer. 

14 minutes ago, Kynami said:

On the other hand, its still a completely free ship drop with a 10 point captain along for the ride.

I don't think you get that if you buy her for coal, so you're ahead a 10 point commander (1500 doubloons to buy).

2 minutes ago, Zerstoerherr said:

Hopefully I won't get DoY again, that thing is like a bumerang.

Boomerang. 

Next time, KEEP HER. If you stop selling her, you won't get her back.

• Like 1

I pulled Leipzig today, so congrats to me on that Spanish dockyard ship during the anniversary event.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I don't think you get that if you buy her for coal, so you're ahead a 10 point commander (1500 doubloons to buy).

Which was a point I was already acknowledging. Since if you buy it for coal it only comes with a 3 point commander.

24 minutes ago, Kynami said:

It's a decent, historical ship...

But yes, this is why I have purchased EVERY lower tier coal ship.

If WG wants to drop me a ship, it's going to be a doubloons or high tier coal ship.

8 minutes ago, Kynami said:

Which was a point I was already acknowledging. Since if you buy it for coal it only comes with a 3 point commander.

True. I was just emphasizing the value of the captain. 

I was sort of sad to see Poland disappear as a nation. OTOH as an EU ship, Blyskawica becomes much more valuable, especially for newer players who need a retraining premium that (a) can be had for free and (b) doesn't put them automatically into the high tiers. 

So... I am in a position where the highest I can go is the Tier 6 ship crate and I have all the T5s and all the T6s they can give. I might as well stick a pin in a folded piece of paper, because all I'm getting out of this is credits.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu

Got the tier 5 crate and.....its the destroyer you automatically get if you do the premium battle pass this time around. 

Another BB from my T8 container.  15 guns 🤔

image.png.24a37f48cb9004fc05c36ef96124dff8.png

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Kynami said:

Blyskawica is a fine ship. I played her in bronze ranked a little. She has great guns. Once you play her I don't think you will still be disappointed but I understand where you are coming from. 

Pulled HMS Hood. There was the possibility of pulling coal ships, Duke of York which I had and traded and Flint or Lazo but I think this is a good gain. Mostly a DD person with some interest in BB so I'm happy.

I have locked in for Spain in the final. Football crazies around here seem to think Spain is the ticket. They have youth, energy [hustle], attack and england is a little lackadaisical and plain lucky.

If england wins, its no big deal. For a not really football fan, this was fun nonetheless. Best of luck.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, thornzero said:

Blyskawica is a fine ship. I played her in bronze ranked a little. She has great guns. Once you play her I don't think you will still be disappointed but I understand where you are coming from.

As it stands I already had Yuudachi, Sims, and Leningrad for T7 premium destroyers already. So while indeed she probably is not a bad ship. The fact remains I still already had some pretty good coverage for that particular tier when it comes to destroyers. Would have been happier getting a cruiser or battleship of that tier.

• Like 1

Another ship which I have never considered getting...

Euro 2025 Tier VII.jpg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, thornzero said:

For a not really football fan, this was fun nonetheless. Best of luck.

Have to agree.  Plus a lot of free premium ships being handed out, I don't recall an event like this in the past.

• Like 4

Got T5 container but as I have all T5 ships from the list I only got credits from it. From T6 container got Molotov

Screenshot2024-07-11175115.thumb.jpg.2de6ca56b0b259746b3f422f65f6f02f.jpg

• Like 5

I had gotten the Gallant in my Tier VI Container so I was VERY Leery about getting another Coal Ship, but I take the risk and I think I scored big! Screenshot(204).thumb.png.b85a35daf2adfd5bc3cac3303a92507f.png

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Schnitchelkid01_ said:

I take the risk and I think I scored big!

Congrats on that Florida! Its a rather nice ship, just be aware you will eat some citadels from some rather odd angles at times because of her armor. But she is a very solid battleship with decent speed and concealment and those 12 guns of 356mm are quite effective at slapping people you have successfully flanked.

• Like 1

Was hoping for Viribus Unitis, got Omaha no. 2184551321 instead. Hopefully from VI and VII crate I get at least one DD.

shot-24_07.11_16_29.39-0743.thumb.jpg.1393c7b136b733c2866beaa0830b95db.jpg

• Like 3

Got my T5 box today, opened it and got 6,000,00 credits. Checking through all the boxes and I have every ship in them so only credits for me, only getting maximum of one more anyway due to backing the wrong teams earlier. Better compensation was the SC that dropped from a coal container earlier with Scarlet Thunder in it.

Edited by Efros
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Slammer58 said:

Another BB from my T8 container.  15 guns 🤔

image.png.24a37f48cb9004fc05c36ef96124dff8.png

The Anhalt is one of my favorite Tier VIII BB's, it is very good in brawls and I have had some success in Randoms. Treat the guns like American shell ballistics (because they are really slow) and enjoy some accurate German guns!

• Thanks 1

Due to a bunch of mistakes I made in the first rounds only just got the t5 crate. Somehow clicked the wrong teams and didn't notice and couldn't change them after even though the matches hadn't started.

T5 crate gave me Krasny Krym ... yay? Not that that crate held much that interested me anyway, I don't own Exeter, the Marbleheads and Murmansk, Yahagi, Siroco, VU, Mikoyan, and Agincourt. Only ones I was hoping to get was Agincourt and maybe Exeter. Though I think I would have preferred most of them to the Kyrm. Still free is free.

• Like 1