The Beautiful Game (Ongoing)

Arcus_Aesopi

14 hours ago, tocqueville8 said:

I read the UEFA credited it to the Spanish player, given the ball was going in anyway.

That is correct and was changed during the game shortly after the goal. Obviously it was an own-goal, but I think the reviewers then showed sympathy for the French player and to allow the Spanish player credit for an excellent shot that likely would have still gone in and to allow him to take over leadership in the "Golden Boot" competition.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, djc_499 said:

That is correct and was changed during the game shortly after the goal. Obviously it was an own-goal, but I think the reviewers then showed sympathy for the French player and to allow the Spanish player credit for an excellent shot that likely would have still gone in and to allow him to take over leadership in the "Golden Boot" competition.

By definition, it's not an own goal if it was going in anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Kynami said:

Actually you just semi lucked out because that gets you the next dockyard T9 for free basically. Anyone who already has a Leipzig gets 2 dockyard segments for free once they reach that portion of the dockyard. Its actually stated as such in one of the recent WG blog posts.

That blog post had me scratching my head, as Leipzig is such an odd choice for that dockyard. The only explanation I can think of is that the devs took a look at the spreadsheet and settled on a tier VI ship that not a lot players already have in their port (Leipzig was only available for purchase during an event and as a container drop afterwards) to limit the number of players who could avoid paying.

The obvious thematic choice would be Canarias, but long-time players had two chances to get her for free in the past.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Tricericon said:

By definition, it's not an own goal if it was going in anyway.

Agreed

• Thanks 1

Well, looks like I got another BB out of my T6 crate from this event.

WoW_T6_GER_BB_Friedrich.jpg

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Kynami said:

amazing BB especially for ranked

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Kynami said:

That's a good one!  Enjoy 🙂 

• Like 4

From my T7 Premium container.  🫣 Like @thornzero, I think I'm not getting crusiers because I have so many.  Wanna trade Thornzero??? 🙂

image.png.bae92d5523b9c62abd83baaf2cfc9bd1.png

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Slammer58 said:

From my T7 Premium container.

Because it just has to be said... Poi!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Slammer58 said:

From my T7 Premium container.  🫣 Like @thornzero, I think I'm not getting crusiers because I have so many.  Wanna trade Thornzero??? 🙂

I would if I could.

• Like 2

I got Marble L from the T5... Kind of useless, as I already had Marble. 😆

• Like 4

I have no idea as to whether this is a good ship or not....

Euro 2025 Tier VI.jpg

• Like 5

About 40 minutes to the England v Netherlands game in 'The Beautiful Game'.  Make sure you have your pick in if you're following along with the euro cup 2024.

Good luck!  🙂 

• Like 2

LOL and just like that... Netherlands is up 1-0... seems the underdog scores first routinely (when there is a score) in this tournament 😄 

So England has to come from behind for a 3rd time to advance... guess they just like it that way!

Hello Tier 7 mystery ship. It's Christmas in July.

I don't think much will change before Sunday but I think Spain has a stronger attack.

• Like 2

Spain vs England-England ? Spain?

I am English but i think Spain may win the euros,,,hmmm tough one.

• Like 1

England's win gives me the Tier 8 container! Pleasantly surprised that the Tier 9 container is now a possibility if I pick right, originally when I event started I figured I'd be lucky to get the Tier 7 container.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, CFagan_1987 said:

England's win gives me the Tier 8 container! Pleasantly surprised that the Tier 9 container is now a possibility if I pick right, originally when I event started I figured I'd be lucky to get the Tier 7 container.

Congrats ! I made it only to the T5 one, T6 is the max. I dont even  remember when we got a T5 premium last time( Yahagi maybe ? ), so i keep it , maybe we get a new T5 ship one day.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, CFagan_1987 said:

Same here.  Hoping for good T8 CL/CA.  So far, I've gotten a T5 and T6 BBs and a T7 DD.

I was sorely tempted to go with the Netherlands, but since I know absolutely squat about 'football', I went with the oddmakers. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

England pulls it out for the 3rd time 🙂  I'm at 12/14 with most of you!  Special congrats for y'all who are one up at 13/14... please win for the T9! 😄 

Spain is still favored to win, but we'll see the money line in a couple days.  Final is Sunday!

Good luck all on your ship drops!

Edited by Arcus_Aesopi
typo...
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was just hoping to get a T8 container.  T9 would be icing on the cake....

• Like 3

I'm following the Copa America as I'm in 'America' (the northern part aka Canada) & Canada gets to play Uruguay for 3rd place ('fingies' crossed Canada can win). Uruguay has 'Chewie', as in Luis Sanchez, aka Chewie the vampire ear biter.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arcus_Aesopi said:

England pulls it out for the 3rd time 🙂  I'm at 12/14 with most of you!  Special congrats for y'all who are one up at 13/14... please win for the T9! 😄 

Spain is still favored to win, but we'll see the money line in a couple days.  Final is Sunday!

Good luck all on your ship drops!

Same here I am 12/14 and I got the Gallant as my Tier IV premium (hey it is what it is). I can't wait for the Tier VII drop tonight!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Arcus_Aesopi said:

England pulls it out for the 3rd time 🙂

A team has to have good fortune as well as some good play. England may win (fingers Xed) (more will favour Spain). 🙂

• Like 1