Fab Friday! How bad was the nerf? Ranked! Fabletics Unbagging 🎵Good Vibes☠️Stream Raiders👕#ad @lord_zath

Lord_Zath

9 hours ago, Lord_Zath said:

How badly was the D-Day operation nerfed?

The nerf was, in trademark Wargaming style, too much. Solo players particularly battleship players or those who simply play ships other then Atlanta or Flint, are negatively affected due to the actions of Divisions who harvested the Omaha Pig Farm. 

So instead of coming up with a balanced reward system where solo players who play in good faith are not penalized, Wargaming makes a blanket and sweeping nerf.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Plus, it was predictable and predicted.

WG will always fix something that affects their monetization of the game instantly, and sit on anything else. 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's more in line with the other ops. That said, I'm sad they did it. Moments like these are what bring old players back to the game or even considering making purchases again.

• Like 3

They drastically cut base xp - without compensating in any way.

There is NO base xp for saving the crews from the stricken ships.

There is NO base xp for clearing minefields nor potential damage from the mines at all.

One game last night, I was in Jervis with 4 Atlanta's. I picked up 2 ship crews alone while the 2 Atlanta's on my flank murdered everything before I could even turn my guns ( I got less than 3k damage in). The other flank milled around failing to do anything - even refused to pick up the crews from the fourth ship - so we had a fail. 182 base xp was all I got. The 2 Atlanta's on my flank topped with around 495 base xp.

Edited by UnderTheRadarAgain
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

19 hours ago, Lord_Zath said:

Moments like these are what bring old players back to the game or even considering making purchases again.

It was a limited time offer. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

They drastically cut base xp - without compensating in any way.

There is NO base xp for saving the crews from the stricken ships.

There is NO base xp for clearing minefields nor potential damage from the mines at all.

One game last night, I was in Jervis with 4 Atlanta's. I picked up 2 ship crews alone while the 2 Atlanta's on my flank murdered everything before I could even turn my guns ( I got less than 3k damage in). The other flank milled around failing to do anything - even refused to pick up the crews from the fourth ship - so we had a fail. 182 base xp was all I got. The 2 Atlanta's on my flank topped with around 495 base xp.

Yesterday during the afterparty, Puddin taught me his new method which IMO is even more toxic than just farming DDs. Literally rush in, save all the crews, then get killed. You're guaranteed at least 1 star, and if you're alone or with one other, there's no guarantee that you'll get more than that even with your help. So if you start seeing more of that, it's because people just want to get their 1 star and move on to the next.

I still think it's a good op for grinding tech tree ships that are available, at least their first wins, if you don't like playing them in Randoms/Ranked, as the XP is better than co-op. That said, I don't see a reason to really play the op unless you want the permacamo at the end. It's a nice permacamo, but it's going to be a LOT of work to get it.

Either way, this final D-Day op is rather dissatisfying. I'd suggest avoiding it unless you want the rewards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord_Zath said:

Yesterday during the afterparty, Puddin taught me his new method which IMO is even more toxic than just farming DDs. Literally rush in, save all the crews, then get killed. You're guaranteed at least 1 star, and if you're alone or with one other, there's no guarantee that you'll get more than that even with your help. So if you start seeing more of that, it's because people just want to get their 1 star and move on to the next.

I still think it's a good op for grinding tech tree ships that are available, at least their first wins, if you don't like playing them in Randoms/Ranked, as the XP is better than co-op. That said, I don't see a reason to really play the op unless you want the permacamo at the end. It's a nice permacamo, but it's going to be a LOT of work to get it.

Either way, this final D-Day op is rather dissatisfying. I'd suggest avoiding it unless you want the rewards.

Actually just saving the crews and doing nothing else will only net you a ZERO star win. Puddin is wrong.

Killing 15 S- Boats = 1 star

Killing 7 DD's = 1 star

Destroying 4 forts = 1 star

Saving 5 LST's = 1 star

Half your team survives = 1 star

This article explains it D-Day 80th Anniversary: Omaha Beach Assault Operation | World of Warships

• Like 1