Pictures of upcoming Star Trek skins for WoW ships

VedranSeawolf359

Seems this is look of new Star Trek skins I not sure if I will buy it. It doesn't look too good for me.
+ Enterprise don't have red line on hull which beginning with Yellow Starfleet mark.

+Klingons ship don't have enough orange details and it's markings

WG miss class Romulans should be BB, Klingons Battlecruser, Vulcans CL or DD and Federation BB or CL

I hoped that Galaxy will be Massachusetts because in Trek most Starfleet ships is more warships then carriers yes it carry shuttles but these shuttles have very little combat value

need-to-verify-an-email-my-friend-got-from-wg-supposedly-v0-edyl9v8w1w7d1.webp

5zi6xGs.png

Vm1jzjC.png

JDlloaX.png

bR64umH.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Kinda like the first one. Second one looks kinda stupid, third I have no clue about what it is supposed to be, fourth looks really lame and I couldn't tell it's supposed to have something to do with Trek if it wasn't for the nacelles.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VedranSeawolf359 said:

I hoped that Galaxy will be Massachusetts because in Trek most Starfleet ships is more warships then carriers yes it carry shuttles but these shuttles have very little combat value

We were never not going to have an Enterprise camo associated with a Star Trek collaboration. We’re also overdue for an auction event, so I would be shocked if we don’t see the long-expected return of CV-6 alongside this event. There’s too much money to be made for WG to do anything else.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Itwastuesday said:

Second one looks kinda stupid

I’m honestly impressed with how they managed to integrate the distinctive ring-shaped warp nacelles of Vulcan ships. It could have been done a lot worse.

IMG_1361.thumb.jpeg.eed8c8e9c36afa13595a64f94c84a12a.jpeg

3 hours ago, Itwastuesday said:

third I have no clue about what it is supposed to be

It’s based off the TNG-era Romulan Warbird.

IMG_1360.thumb.jpeg.648392927a15e100eddfda1688c93fdb.jpeg

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

I’m honestly impressed with how they managed to integrate the distinctive ring-shaped warp nacelles of Vulcan ships. It could have been done a lot worse.

Could have been better too. What's the purpose of a ring on a seagoing vessel? It's just silly. 

Like the Warhammer ships don't have thrusters and wings on them. Not even ramming prods even though that happens in the game.

Edited by Itwastuesday

Which ships are behind those camos (CV being Enterprise is not that hard a guess)? And will there also be ships or only camos? Even as a trekkie I have zero use for scifi camos (or any ahistorical ones for that matter, thankfully you can turn them off), but I might be interested if they premiumify a good tech tree ship like they did e.g. with Amagi and Duncan...

2 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

Could have been better too. What's the purpose of a ring on a seagoing vessel? It's just silly. 

It's an aesthetic thing. Chill.

Not gonna lie, I like the artwork, but... Star Trek ships do not, in my opinion, translate well to skins for sea vessels, and the end effect in my perception has effectively been to create a Star Blazers crossover. 

Plenty of time to speculate, they just announced the collab is delayed until update 13.6

23 minutes ago, Kruzenstern said:

Which ships are behind those camos (CV being Enterprise is not that hard a guess)? And will there also be ships or only camos? Even as a trekkie I have zero use for scifi camos (or any ahistorical ones for that matter, thankfully you can turn them off), but I might be interested if they premiumify a good tech tree ship like they did e.g. with Amagi and Duncan...

https://nga.178.com/read.php?tid=40538072

According to this post: Klingon-Fiji, Vulcan-Gneisenau and Akatsuki-Romulan respectively.

• Like 1

Meh. They don't look any better or worse than the bulk of the existing sci-fi themed things in the game already.

I'm moderately keen on Star Trek, but this doesn't massively evoke it for me. I doubt I'll spend money on these things, but I'd probably use one or two of the cammos if they fell out of a crate or similar...

Mind you, Klingon captains with suitably scenery-chewing voiceovers? Now *that* I'd be interested in...

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

It's an aesthetic thing. Chill.

Not gonna lie, I like the artwork, but... Star Trek ships do not, in my opinion, translate well to skins for sea vessels, and the end effect in my perception has effectively been to create a Star Blazers crossover. 

I have a brief reflection just now, that we have seen quite a few space-themed exterior modifications from different universes even before the Star Trek collab.

There was a very early Space-themed event back to the very early days of the game that features very crudely modified existing models, and then, the "proper" Space Events of 2018 and 2019 that reworked several coarse models of the previous event (Zao-Zaya, Gearing-Flyfire, etc.) contributed to the majority of Space permacamoes we know now. Then there are Key Battle and Big Hunt events belonging to another universe setting with 6 themed ships (though only 3 for Amagi, Akizuki and Oland respectively among the many varieties were offered for sale as permacamoes), "Bionic" series for French and USN cruisers, Legend of the Galactic Heroes collab (Kansas, Baltimore, Z-23 and Parseval), Warhammer 40000 collab. I'm not sure if this list is exhaustive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itwastuesday said:

Like the Warhammer ships don't have thrusters and wings on them. Not even ramming prods even though that happens in the game.

Sillier than lobsters, statues and cathedral spires?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Project45_Opytny said:

I have a brief reflection just now, that we have seen quite a few space-themed exterior modifications from different universes even before the Star Trek collab.

We have, and no doubt we will see more. You gave a pretty good overview of all the things we've had. 

I think the WH40K aesthetic is easier to adapt to a ship; and as for Legend of Galactic Heroes, the Japanese tend to lean very heavily into a warships-in-space aesthetic anyway (Star Blazers was just more explicit regarding which ship), so that sort of thing ports over VERY easily. 

1 hour ago, Farmers_Only said:

Plenty of time to speculate, they just announced the collab is delayed until update 13.6

Interesting. Perhaps they came to agree with some of us that there was simply too much going on already this patch. (ETA: Apparently technical issues.)

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, VedranSeawolf359 said:

Seems this is look of new Star Trek skins I not sure if I will buy it. It doesn't look too good for me.
+ Enterprise don't have red line on hull which beginning with Yellow Starfleet mark.

WG miss class Romulans should be BB, Klingons Battlecruser, Vulcans CL or DD and Federation BB or CL

5zi6xGs.png

Vm1jzjC.png

JDlloaX.png

bR64umH.png

Those look better than I expected.

Also, the Romulans should clearly be an SS. :classic_wink:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VedranSeawolf359 said:

5zi6xGs.png

Vm1jzjC.png

JDlloaX.png

bR64umH.png

Well, part of the problem is that they already had a Galaxy-class ship in WOWS (the Space camo version of the Des Moines), and the Enterprise was already THE ship that any Trek collab would have to feature.  I'm still waiting for more details before I jump for joy or roll over and go back to sleep, so we'll see.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VedranSeawolf359 said:

not sure if I will buy it.

I'm 100% sure I won't be buying any of this 'dreck'.

21 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

I'm 100% sure I won't be buying any of this 'dreck'.

I will wait to see it in game before decision

I just read info that event is postponed maybe WG start to understand that skins isn't good enough and that it need more work

2 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

https://nga.178.com/read.php?tid=40538072

According to this post: Klingon-Fiji, Vulcan-Gneisenau and Akatsuki-Romulan respectively.

Interesting.
I was thinking that because of the potency of the Romulan Plasma Torpedo warhead, the only ships in-game which could serve as analogs would have to be equipped with Japanese torpedoes.
So, as far as that goes, I think they did something right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Verblonde said:

Mind you, Klingon captains with suitably scenery-chewing voiceovers? Now *that* I'd be interested in...

I remember playing Starfleet Command and having Klingon voice-overs that said, "Amazing.  You must have studied hard to become so incompetent!"
Personally, I thought they were entertaining.  🙂 

220px-Fleet_Cover.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Food for thought.  🙂 

• Like 1

and there you can see these red hull markings on Federation ships which miss on WG models but there it need much more details to be good and bigger warp engines 

f1a70a7b3e41507ea1365d63b9a7d0e6.jpg

galaxy_class_starship___high_resolution_by_enethrin_dewfs4v-fullview.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Interesting.
I was thinking that because of the potency of the Romulan Plasma Torpedo warhead, the only ships in-game which could serve as analogs would have to be equipped with Japanese torpedoes.
So, as far as that goes, I think they did something right.

The ol' Plasma Ballet. Good times... although, obviously, I always insisted in doing it in a Gorn ship. :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I remember playing Starfleet Command and having Klingon voice-overs that said, "Amazing.  You must have studied hard to become so incompetent!"
Personally, I thought they were entertaining. 

The Warhammer 40K Ork commander's replacement voice line for "The enemy is about to win!" is "FIGHT HARDER, YA GITS!" But the one you quote here would do nicely.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

I'm not sure if this list is exhaustive.

Does the space shuttle camo for Vermont count?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hybrid CV ship like Kearsarge will best represent Star Trek Enterprise if we insist that we must go with CV as Enterprise because it have firepower and (shuttles aircraft's) but it should be switched to torpedo aircrafts

Edited by VedranSeawolf359