D-Day: Omaha Beach Assault

xamdam

4 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Someone has even managed to make ~15000 Base XP personally with the so-called "Omaha Pig Farm" exploit.

c9Q19j-ev6sK24T3cSpc-d2.thumb.jpg.8ff46be89998dc44fcee5ec368924ce7.jpg

https://nga.178.com/read.php?tid=40690463

Holy barnacles! The sheer amount of credits, XP, CXP, and FXP that gives is off the charts! And if Red or even just Blue Boosters were used, the rewards are sky high!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SolitudeFreak said:

To the surprise of absolutely no one.

Yes. We all knew the nerf would soon arrive, and good thing it went on for a couple of days. 

I've maximized my limited playtime with the Omaha Pig Farm these past few days and my credits, ECXP, and FXP has increased beyond my expectations. For Commander XP alone it went from around 7.2M to 8.5M, more than enough to promote at least 10 commanders (at 19 or 20 points) to 21 points.

• Like 3

I didnt had much time to play this, and tomorrow gonna get nerfed. However, i still got a nice boost on my Eendracht XP .

shot-24_06.28_19_14.57-0832.thumb.jpg.75f4c97958f8366a4984208d0bfb8bd5.jpg

5 star victory, Red XP booster, rest was green. Thought about playing the Grom too, but i seen that DD's dont fare well here (at least from what i observed ).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Somehow, I knew the nerfing would happen. The flicker of an idea of buying an Atlanta or Flint for this op comes and goes. I am happy to play this op with my Helena.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KJ82 said:

i seen that DD's dont fare well here (at least from what i observed ).

It kind of depends on how the feeding frenzy goes. But I've done a bit over 3k xp in a few attempts with Farragut, Mahan and Sims. They have Def AA, which helps a lot, especially combined with the appropriate secret document thingies, for more flak bursts.

Rooke and Agincourt have also been decent, in my experience.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Captain_82 said:

Just had two matches - 6 minutes remaining - where I had nothing to do except minesweeping duty in one match.

Sometimes you get a very competent team, with dedicated builds, that leaves nothing to be done but minesweeping & AA patrol for the last 5 minutes. And sometimes you get [La Galissonière] players who die in the first minefield, Colorados who lumber along hardly doing anything meaningful, and you only get 1-2 stars despite good play. It's hard to balance random teams, honestly.

Still, this has been a very popular Op...for two days.

• Like 2

The bxp nerf was severe.  The earnings don't justify the time any more (especially the 5+ minutes of almost dead time at the end).  

Sad because It was fun while it lasted, but WG just can't help messing up their good stuff because of... reasons...

I finished all I wanted in the D-Day ops, got all the goodies and was only playing for the fun and returns...  It's neither now... 

Today was all first timers, "bad" boats and rentals...

*sigh*

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ops channel chat was filled with the "pig farmers" last night (early morning NA time). Not a one of them seemed to speak English. It was pretty obvious what was going on. Tons of divs being put together. I felt like I was back on the SEA server.

Oh well. I called it on the first night. It was obvious the Op would get nerfed. I got a few 3K + BXP games in, plenty of 5 stars but 15,000 bxp is just absurd. 

Have I ever mentioned I hate exploiters? They ruin every game I've ever played.

Now that the fun police have arrived, I doubt I'll be playing the Op anymore. It was, from the start, quite boring for me. Especially those last several minutes of watching the LSTs crawl in while practically having nothing to do but maybe shoot down a few planes. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, xamdam said:

Ops channel chat was filled with the "pig farmers" last night (early morning NA time). Not a one of them seemed to speak English. It was pretty obvious what was going on. Tons of divs being put together. I felt like I was back on the SEA server.

Oh well. I called it on the first night. It was obvious the Op would get nerfed. I got a few 3K + BXP games in, plenty of 5 stars but 15,000 bxp is just absurd. 

Have I ever mentioned I hate exploiters? They ruin every game I've ever played.

Now that the fun police have arrived, I doubt I'll be playing the Op anymore. It was, from the start, quite boring for me. Especially those last several minutes of watching the LSTs crawl in while practically having nothing to do but maybe shoot down a few planes. 

I suspect the extremely generous Base XP of the Operation was an entirely deliberate design on and decision on WG's part, to get more players to play in the hope that they'll purchase items using real cash from the Armory or Premium Shop.

5 hours ago, tocqueville8 said:

Sometimes you get a very competent team, with dedicated builds, that leaves nothing to be done but minesweeping & AA patrol for the last 5 minutes. And sometimes you get [La Galissonière] players who die in the first minefield, Colorados who lumber along hardly doing anything meaningful, and you only get 1-2 stars despite good play. It's hard to balance random teams, honestly.

Still, this has been a very popular Op...for two days.

It is a famine if you play a Colorado, or Arizona, with competently helmed Atlantas or Helenas. 😂

As far as BBs are concerned, I find the WV44 to be the most capable in terms of placing 3rd or higher on the team score board, in a random team composed of cruisers with a maximum of 3 Atlantas.

• Like 1

Just jumped in to remove any red or blue boosters I stuck on. The chat channel still had "pig farmers" in it. I thought it had already been nerfed? Maybe they're still using that support ship thing to exploit even afterwards?

Just posting this up for reference. Not to name and shame. And I hope I don't come off sounding racist. Far from it, my wife is Japanese, my adult children both "half", my son's fiancé is half Japanese and Chinese (on her mom's side) and I've lived in Japan for 40 years as of next week... So, with that out of the way... I left the SEA server to migrate back to NA (having started here in WOT) because this is what the chat looked like in the Ops channel almost every day. I came back here hoping to get more amusing banter in game chat. Unfortunately, since I play at odd times for NA players due to time zones, I'm often left feeling like I never left SEA, lol.

One of the guys running divs there has "Chinese mid-range Ballistic Missile" as his clan's motto, so I guess that's where he's from. What's also interesting, I see many of the same clans from SEA running players on NA. Again, I feel like I never left. 🤨

image.png.da1a657b56c730dd48a1c9b0a7b18bcf.png

13 hours ago, Frostbow said:

Yes. We all knew the nerf would soon arrive, and good thing it went on for a couple of days. 

I've maximized my limited playtime with the Omaha Pig Farm these past few days and my credits, ECXP, and FXP has increased beyond my expectations. For Commander XP alone it went from around 7.2M to 8.5M, more than enough to promote at least 10 commanders (at 19 or 20 points) to 21 points.

Yes, same for me. When I saw the notice after work and knew I had friday evening (EU), I decided to play one game at the PTS (for that mission that you play day 2 and 3) and then I played only D-day. Red boosters only. I made 30 M Credits, 438 K FreeXP and 1.031 K Elite XP. That made me past the final normal reward DD camo so probably not more games in this mode. OFc Atlanta only - it was not a play to have fun it was being efficient only. I mixed it up with petting my birma cat. So I had a goal when I started around 18.00 to reach 1 M elite XP and when I did that 00.15 I logged off. 

But it was good while it lasted. It was expected the nerf, but I had a slim hope that they would leave it over the weekend.

Now there would be normal play with some mode shuffle on PTS when the 4-hour mission starts at 13.00 (my time) but also lots of football. Before that some normal mode play to clear some naval battles attempåts.

To all players - hope you really could take advantage of these 2 days. 

6 hours ago, Arcus_Aesopi said:

The bxp nerf was severe.  The earnings don't justify the time any more (especially the 5+ minutes of almost dead time at the end).  

Sad because It was fun while it lasted, but WG just can't help messing up their good stuff because of... reasons...

I finished all I wanted in the D-Day ops, got all the goodies and was only playing for the fun and returns...  It's neither now... 

*sigh*

So the nerfs was across everything. How large if you compare? 

15 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

So the nerfs was across everything. How large if you compare? 

As chance would have it, I scored 137k twice. Once before the nerf, once after (no Booster applied).

Before: Broke 4k BXP.

After: Scored almost 2k BXP.

So thats a net 50% nerf in my humble opinion.

WoWs_Atlanta 137k Omaha.png

WoWs_Atlanta 137k Omaha_scoreboard.png

WoWs_Atlanta 137k no. 2 Omaha.png

WoWs_Atlanta 137k no. 2 Omaha_scoreboard.png

Edited by Captain_82
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Arcus_Aesopi said:

*sigh*

Yesterday I finished the main rewards too. Played quite a few matches.

Today - after finishing the dailies - I mainly played to obtain some reference screenshots.

You can see them in my earlier posts.

One particular match with King George V this morning shows quite well how pitiful the D-Day economy now is. 41k and 875 BXP imho.

Of course I was fully aware of the expected result with this ship.

So it can be considered another reference.

WoWs_King George V 41k Omaha.png

• Like 1

Well, for whatever reason they're still hot on it... lol. I guess half of 15,000 bxp is still worth building exploit divs. Here's a screenshot of Operations chat just now. 4:30pm Japan time, GMT +9 (=3:30am EST).

Flashbacks of SEA server dayz...

Screenshot 2024-06-29 162354.png

Edited by xamdam

1 hour ago, xamdam said:

Well, for whatever reason they're still hot on it... lol. I guess half of 15,000 bxp is still worth building exploit divs. Here's a screenshot of Operations chat just now. 4:30pm Japan time, GMT +9 (=3:30am EST).

Flashbacks of SEA server dayz...

Even after the nerf "Pig Farm" is still profitable, and divving can ensure that things will go according to schedule with better communication and designated roles.

52 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Even after the nerf "Pig Farm" is still profitable, and divving can ensure that things will go according to schedule with better communication and designated roles.

No doubt. If it's even remotely better than regular Ops, for exploiting, I'm sure they'll be eating it up.

All the "Narai +1" crap I used to see on SEA drove me away. 

But that's how the game is built so...

10 hours ago, Beleaf said:

WV44Guy.jpg

shot-24_06.29_03_04.01-0002.thumb.jpg.f66ad134a452044740c6a14e585093e7.jpg

shot-24_06.29_03_03.53-0302.thumb.jpg.552cd28e8ff2a6532de3a100a1b3c0d5.jpg

What a fun ship to play in Omaha Beach Assault. Literally just press W four times and let the secondary guns do the work. 😄

And I did not expect to place first on the team scoreboard, knowing the was an Atlanta. 😄

• Like 3

I still hit 2k base xp last night in one match, I'm not surprised they changed it especially after the screenshots with 15k and 11k base xp. 

I'll keep playing it with blue boosters for silver and capt xp as it's more consistent than regular ops and I want all the rewards. 

Edited by GandalfTehGray
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Frostbow said:

What a fun ship to play in Omaha Beach Assault. Literally just press W four times and let the secondary guns do the work. 😄

And I did not expect to place first on the team scoreboard, knowing the was an Atlanta. 😄

She is simply great in this mode and very relaxing while sailing her. Her good, accurate secondaries shred everything in her way. Further on, her AA and main guns aren't a joke either. The only BB that can be recommended without restriction for this particular mode. 

• Like 2

For me the payout is still fine for Atlanta, can get 1500+bxp...

After the nerf the payout is still more stable than random, only not to die early, (or being the human shield for teammate and getting too hurt to continue)

I am rather happy seeing fewer resource farmers and more causal player, easier game in that way

Edited by a252

What a fun game mode, played it on the test server and wasn't impressed, gave it another go on the live server, in the first match i was the last one surviving, we won, but no stars, second, the same, only i was able to save one star, my team thanked with me reducing my Karma by 3 points, shouldn't be surprised i guess when the game starts with an Atlanta player complaining about BBs in this mode. Serious question is the NA server as toxic as the EU one, just wondering.

• Like 1