Maybe I Missed The Memo

tm63au

Just got a notice about summer tokens ending soon, was there any events because if there was I have not earned any of said tokens and while I am not to concerned about getting beach babes except for perhaps real ones the whole thing is a 50 50 thing, however I am a collector so if I was to actually get one of the ladies its more than likely she will be sunning it on the beaches rather than in a combat role.

Either I missed the the events or we never had any, so I got 13 days before the HOTTIES are off to Hawaii or Ibiza  or where ever to keep there tan lines.     

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tm63au said:

we never had any

This.

Given the "prizes" on offer, I don't find this disappointing. 

25 minutes ago, tm63au said:

I got 13 days before the HOTTIES are off to Hawaii or Ibiza  or where ever to keep there tan lines. 

🤣

You aren't missing much. Supposedly they don't even speak the languages of the fleets they're tied to.

• Like 2

This summer event follows the same pattern as the other events that replaced the more traditional “summer sale” event a few years back. There aren’t any “free” tokens, the closest thing this time around being the compensation provided in the paid event pass for the two US BB Golden Eagle/pinup camos and Jurua (enough for one commander + some extras).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

You aren't missing much. Supposedly they don't even speak the languages of the fleets they're tied to.

That is the biggest letdown considering we've already heard the pleasant voice of Aurora di Natale half a year ago.

I don't think it would be more difficult to find a good Spanish-language, spoken on an entire continent, voice actress than an Italian one.

28 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

That is the biggest letdown considering we've already heard the pleasant voice of Aurora di Natale half a year ago.

I don't think it would be more difficult to find a good Spanish-language, spoken on an entire continent, voice actress than an Italian one.

Hell, one of their LATAM Community Managers is female. They've got talent in house!!

2 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

This summer event follows the same pattern as the other events that replaced the more traditional “summer sale” event a few years back. There aren’t any “free” tokens, the closest thing this time around being the compensation provided in the paid event pass for the two US BB Golden Eagle/pinup camos and Jurua (enough for one commander + some extras).

Couldn't WG really throw in a patch or something?

4 hours ago, tm63au said:

Just got a notice about summer tokens ending soon, was there any events because if there was I have not earned any of said tokens and while I am not to concerned about getting beach babes except for perhaps real ones the whole thing is a 50 50 thing, however I am a collector so if I was to actually get one of the ladies its more than likely she will be sunning it on the beaches rather than in a combat role.

Either I missed the the events or we never had any, so I got 13 days before the HOTTIES are off to Hawaii or Ibiza  or where ever to keep there tan lines.     

Personally, I got both of the Commanders with their Underwater Demolition Team uniforms.
But, I like collecting Commanders, especially ones with unique voiceovers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Project45_Opytny said:

the pleasant voice of Aurora di Natale

When I got her, I placed Aurora di Natale on my Eritrea along with the Beach Party flag (just received) - had to place that flag with a party girl 😍.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

a party girl

Her name literally means "The Dawn of Christmas" or "The Light of Christmas". 

• Like 2
  • Bored 1

6 hours ago, tm63au said:

Just got a notice about summer tokens ending soon, was there any events because if there was I have not earned any of said tokens    

I don’t believe they were earn-able at all; like some other recent event, you had to buy them.

It was an “open wallet” event.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Her name literally means … " or "The Light of Christmas". 

And WG’s take must be that she is “The Headlights of Christmas.”

Edited by Utt_Bugglier
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Aethervox said:

I placed Aurora di Natale on my Eritrea along with the Beach Party flag (just received)

I just got the permanent South Seas Camo - it looks pretty good on the Eritrea 😎.

4 hours ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

And WG’s take must be that she is “The Headlights of Christmas.”

Awww, dang!  😄 
"I don't care who you are, that's funny, right there." - Larry the Cable Guy

4 hours ago, Aethervox said:

I just got the permanent South Seas Camo - it looks pretty good on the Eritrea 😎.

Well played.  🙂 

• Like 2