so....about those youtubers.......

Lord_Slayer

the seas are no longer safe......

Vanoss is a youtuber who has been creating content for over 10 years. He and his 'crew' play a variety of games, mostly multiplayer, and for the most part have fun together. Their humor can be quite juvenile at times, very frat boyish. But that does get him 25 million subscribers.

Edited by Lord_Slayer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

I know I am out of touch but...what exactly did I just watch?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jakeshuffle said:

I know I am out of touch but...what exactly did I just watch?

Just over 17 minutes of the future of World of Warships that you'll never get back.

I'd leave a message here, but I'm afraid I would break every rule in the guidelines and have to permanently ban myself from the forum. 

This is sad on so many levels.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 5

I hope they were playing on the Public Test Server because I don't want to hear how they could have over a billion credits at tier 1.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I have two things to say:

1) That was so cringe I had to stop watching. Whoever the intended audience is, it's not me. But more importantly: 

2) For as long as I could stand to watch, they seemed to be having fun. That's got to be better than someone screaming into the void about how dead or awful they think the game is. My kids (14 and 13) watch youtubers who are constantly screaming like this. It's the way of the world. I wish it weren't, but nobody's forcing you to watch. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

I'd leave a message here, but I'm afraid I would break every rule in the guidelines and have to permanently ban myself from the forum. 

LOL I don't know, this game isn't very engaging for casual folks I don't think. I hope.

Press accounts for PR.

• Like 4

Sadly, this is what WoWs playbase is becoming more and more like. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lord_Slayer said:

"VanossGaming

25.9M subscribers"

It seems to me that WG/WOWs is pouring some money into an advertising campaign of some kind.  

• Like 3

Amazing graphics, though, what game is this?

• Haha 6

Players now think that they get premiums just like the Youtubers but boy are they Wrong

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

1) That was so cringe I had to stop watching. Whoever the intended audience is, it's not me. But more importantly: 

2) For as long as I could stand to watch, they seemed to be having fun. That's got to be better than someone screaming into the void about how dead or awful they think the game is. My kids (14 and 13) watch youtubers who are constantly screaming like this. It's the way of the world. I wish it weren't, but nobody's forcing you to watch. 

Hell I remember watching Youtube before it was like this. Let's Play videos are and will remain the best. Idk how people can stand let ALONE ENJOY these fast paced epileptic seizure inducing videos... This video makes Yuro and The Sailing Robin videos seem tame with the insanity (with those two at least it is controlled and they know what they are doing). This is why I just enjoy watching Jingles, Mountbatten, Searaptor and of course Flamu, Flambass, Trenlass and other actual wows content creators

Edited by Schnitchelkid01_
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Schnitchelkid01_ said:

Hell I remember watching Youtube before it was like this. Let's Play videos are and will remain the best. Idk how people can stand let ALONE ENJOY these fast paced epileptic seizure inducing videos... This video makes Yuro and The Sailing Robin videos seem tame with the insanity (with those two at least it is controlled and they know what they are doing). This is why I just enjoy watching Jingles, Mountbatten, Searaptor and of course Flamu, Flambass, Trenlass and other actual wows content creators

Yes. I have no idea how anyone can enjoy this crap, or the previous snap-snap-snap-snap editing crap, or the shorts/tiktok crap, or whatever is in the future...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Schnitchelkid01_ said:

Hell I remember watching Youtube before it was like this.

So do I. 

I also remember watching YouTube when you could get through a 10 minute video without having to watch three ads which themselves are unwatchable garbage (so bad they make me hate the product they're selling).

29 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

Yes. I have no idea how anyone can enjoy this crap

That's because you 're not a tweenager/teenager. But no, it doesn't float my boat either.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

So do I. 

I also remember watching YouTube when you could get through a 10 minute video without having to watch three ads which themselves are unwatchable garbage (so bad they make me hate the product they're selling).

That's because you 're not a tweenager/teenager. But no, it doesn't float my boat either.

I swear (I say this as a 20 something year old FYI) the generations after mine are going to have such short attentions spans it is crazy!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

I hope they were playing on the Public Test Server because I don't want to hear how they could have over a billion credits at tier 1.

These are press accounts. 

1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Amazing graphics, though, what game is this?

At first I thought the YT creator blended War Thunder with WoWS, but then again it's WoWS. I feel sorry for the youth. I bet they did not do 1 hour research in how to play WoWS. Maybe ramming is their only technique. 

This group reminds of two head hunting tribes in SEA where the oil rights were sold for fighter jets. The tribes do not know how to fly the jets, so the two tribes start on top of hills opposite of each other and send the jets downhill and crashing them into each other. The ones with a whole jet wins the battle.

I am positive we will never see another WoWS videos from that group in the future.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

This group reminds of two head hunting tribes in SEA where the oil rights were sold for fighter jets. The tribes do not know how to fly the jets, so the two tribes start on top of hills opposite of each other and send the jets downhill and crashing them into each other. The ones with a whole jet wins the battle.

This should be a video game.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Lord_Slayer said:

Could people please stop making these types of threads and give some actual context? Im not about clicking on some clickbait video to hopefully find out what the whole point of you're thread was about?

Same with the guy always spamming Lord Seabatten videos without context. It was a long time ago I felt it worth my time to watch his stuff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Could people please stop making these types of threads and give some actual context? Im not about clicking on some clickbait video to hopefully find out what the whole point of you're thread was about?

Same with the guy always spamming Lord Seabatten videos without context. It was a long time ago I felt it worth my time to watch his stuff.

As for context, as best as I can surmise it, this isn't the video you want to see either.

image.jpeg.d07945d6c04fff9a93df8eb05d96a3de.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, HogHammer said:

Just over 17 minutes of the future of World of Warships that you'll never get back.

Thanks for the warning (& suffering through the video).

17 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

"VanossGaming

25.9M subscribers"

I googled Vanoss Gaming. Incredible. Not my generation. I think Vanoss is only maximizing his revenue stream (almost certainly getting a 'cut' from Wedgie). 

• Like 1

How WG thinks that video is good publicity is beyond me. Must have been some very wacky baccy at that PR meeting.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Efros said:

How WG thinks that video is good publicity is beyond me. Must have been some very wacky baccy at that PR meeting.

Maybe they are just trying to find the few oddballs who will find this game fun.  Judging from the guys on the video, they seem like a jolly bunch.  It will be interesting to see how they do in the long term. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Efros said:

I think many of you guys are missing the point of the video. It isn't a video made for regular WOWS players, these guys a presenting WoWS to their 25 million subscribers (that's a very very significant number... compare to Flamu's 100K)... they are doing it in a fun way, the focus on actual gameplay is minimal what's important is how fun the game is ... and those guys did a good number selling the point: "We are having fun playing WoWS". 

Yes, it is not aiming for OUR demographic... old farts who can't remember how fun it was to do silly, goofy things. It's aiming for young people like my daughter and her friends who take 'gaming' a lot less seriously than guys from my generation... for them there's a very significant social factor to games, many times what they play is not very relevant, just playing together and hang around with the friends.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

I think many of you guys are missing the point of the video. It isn't a video made for regular WOWS players, these guys a presenting WoWS to their 25 million subscribers (that's a very very significant number... compare to Flamu's 100K)... they are doing it in a fun way, the focus on actual gameplay is minimal what's important is how fun the game is ... and those guys did a good number selling the point: "We are having fun playing WoWS". 

Yes, it is not aiming for OUR demographic... old farts who can't remember how fun it was to do silly, goofy things. It's aiming for young people like my daughter and her friends who take 'gaming' a lot less seriously than guys from my generation... for them there's a very significant social factor to games, many times what they play is not very relevant, just playing together and hang around with the friends.

This.  ^^^^

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

They appear to have press accounts with everything unlocked.
Other then one battle (which was I think T6) they seemed to have stuck to T1 for the most part.

22 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

2) For as long as I could stand to watch, they seemed to be having fun. That's got to be better than someone screaming into the void about how dead or awful they think the game is.

Cringe sums up Vanoss and his friends at times. Alot of juvenile behavior and jokes. They are usually found in GTAV, but branch off into other games at various times. I think they have done WoWS a previous time. I think their high point was in 2020 during the pandemic, they and many other Youtubers were part of a 'Purge' Minecraft server.

• Like 1