Historical PvP Battle Scenarios - Proposal for a WoWS Game Mode

Admiral_Karasu

Historical PvP Battle Scenarios for World of Warships  

9 members have voted

1. 1. How would you react to the possible introduction of historical PvP battle scenarios game mode in WoWS?

Something about what @Daniel_Allan_Clark posted about WW1 and WW2 and about WG wasting the potential in this game brought this idea back to mind.

What about if we could have PvP battle scenarios in Word of Warships? I mean adaptations based on historical battles, not necessarily exact re-enactment battles but something along those lines. These would play out fairly similarly to the existing PvE Operation battles but with both teams primarily composed of players.

Now, it's important to realize that such battles could not be entirely balanced, but the way I'm imagining this these scenarios would not be about winning or losing in the same way as randoms and PvE operations are. You'd be wanting to win for the sake of winning, not for the sake of a bonus.

Since the game mode balance would not be entirely fair to both teams, I would instead suggest calculating a bonus for the team that is facing the superior challenge. In practice, what I mean is that the same actions for the players on that team would generate credits and XP at an increased rate, relative to the bonus that is specific to that battle.

I realize this type of game mode would probably only attract a minority of the current player base (back in the day I would imagine it would have been pretty much the opposite case...) and there's not much of chance WG ever implementing such a mode at this stage in the game's life cycle, but we can have a theoretical discussion on the merits and shortcomings that such a mode would entail.

Please, discuss (and remember there is a poll too).

• Like 3

If I'm reading you right, it would be something like D-day [for example] except pvp.

I'm not sure. There is a few pvp modes that work the way they work. WG often laments on extra modes taking away from the bread and butter.

• Like 1

You had me at 'Historical' 💓 

13 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Now, it's important to realize that such battles could not be entirely balanced,

Nothing that can't be balanced by adjusting Victory conditions for each side. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

You had me at 'Historical' 💓 

Nothing that can't be balanced by adjusting Victory conditions for each side. 

True, a little trickier but it could be done I think.

1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

True, a little trickier but it could be done I think.

Let's take for example something based on Leyte Gulf, you could set IJN victory condition on sinking X number of CVs and transports while the defeat condition is losing a disproportionate number of ships before achieving the victory condition. USN victory conditions are reversed, Y number of CVs and transports must survive and/or inflict enough casualties on IJN to break the attack. 

• Like 1

It would be great if a viewer could rent a spotter plane to record the unfolding battle while imitating Edward Murray describing the battle.

13 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

sinking X number of CVs

Smile-_tongue.gif.bd82aba42c5ab046cccd54