This was a gut punch

Justin_Simpleton

I was intending to play the Iron Duke one more battle and then unlock the QE.  I played it well to help take control of our strong flank and shifted immediately to cover the base since the reds were coming from that other flank.  Iron Duke has a maximum speed of 21.1 knots. After the base threat was eliminated, All I could do is race to the other end of the map where the last reds were retreating.  Never even got close.  Therefore, of course...

Screenshot(514).png.d9a311676b315f03caf7a17322bd3729.pngScreenshot(515).thumb.png.99a67418a4b81a0c91008fb9b91c8dd4.png

Ug. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

More to this than meets the eye, I feel.

Send in the replay and ask for a formal review. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

More to this than meets the eye, I feel.

Send in the replay and ask for a formal review. 

I could contest it, but it was just easier to play another battle and have a terrific outcome which allowed me to unlock the QE, add the brisk skill for my cmdr and think I just proved the penalty was just BS that happens occasionally.

If you are curious, here is the replay file

20240625_080722_PBSB105-Iron-Duke_42_Neighbors.wowsreplay 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

All I could do is race to the other end of the map where the last reds were retreating.

From reading your overall description, I can guess what may have happened.  

If you were on one side of the map and sailed a course to the other, perhaps in a straight line without changing speed or course (therefore no keyboard interaction), after a certain amount of time, you would be "inactive." I've had this happen one time in-game, ran into a similar situation, and received the same "unsporting behavior" message.

This is just my guess at what may have happened. I learned from this mistake, and if presented with the same scenario again, I know at least hit the rudder keys on occasion to prevent any inactivity perceived by the server.  

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

If you were on one side of the map and sailed a course to the other, perhaps in a straight line without changing speed or course (therefore no keyboard interaction), after a certain amount of time, you would be "inactive." I've had this happen one time in-game, ran into a similar situation, and received the same "unsporting behavior" message.

This is just my guess at what may have happened. I learned from this mistake, and if presented with the same scenario again, I know at least hit the rudder keys on occasion to prevent any inactivity perceived by the server.  

Yep, I think you're right about that.  You know, if I hit the rudder key, the speed drops 4 knots. 

Edited by Justin_Simpleton
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

Therefore, of course...

T-e whaaa?  That sucks! 

5 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

I know at least hit the rudder keys on occasion to prevent any inactivity perceived by the server.  

Well a small positive for being hyperactive, I never get flagged for 'inactivity'

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

Yep, I think you're right about that.  You know, if I hit the rudder key, the speed drops 4 knots. 

Fire the guns or rotate the turrets, honk your horn, use your Airstrike 🙂

• Like 3

Just another example of lazy and incompetent programming.

Here's to the WG development team!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

Just hit it, don’t hold it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

play the Iron Duke one more battle and then unlock the QE.

Inactive? 32 hits. 1 sinking. So you were last on your team (enough of an embarrassment right there). Whatever Wedgie is tracking, it's barf. A couple points about that battle. I advise against slowing down or stopping up or reversing too much with BBs (except for reverse experts like the Richelieux). Also, you tended to alter your target a bit much - make the decision on who & then set up to fire more than once at the selected target. Your aiming, also, appears to be a little off at times.  I've seen Wedgie screw a player (eg: myself) when a player is really close to some point threshold & then they throw the player a curveball to deny your objective until playing another battle (which appears to be the case here). 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HogHammer said:

From reading your overall description, I can guess what may have happened.  

So if you auto plot your course with the map you are OK by Wargaming's standard? But damage was done. I say WG is griefing players now with these new parameters.

• Like 2