I know some hate cv being in game....but...

Zysyss

I thought you may be interested in watching this. Midway from the Japanese perspective.

Edited by Zysyss
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

I didn't expect it to be a World of Warships commercial.  🙂 

• Like 2

Do people genuinely dislike aircraft carriers over their implementation in one video game? 

32 minutes ago, Unlooky said:

Do people genuinely dislike aircraft carriers over their implementation in one video game? 

You mean they dislike the implementations of CVs in this game, outside of this game?

51 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

You mean they dislike the implementations of CVs in this game, outside of this game?

I meant do people dislike CVs outside of the game just because of how they were implemented in game. 

4 minutes ago, Unlooky said:

I meant do people dislike CVs outside of the game just because of how they were implemented in game. 

I dont really understand what you mean with "outside", in this forum yes, because its outside the game but still just about this game. I dont really hate WOW CVs when playing Ghost of Tsushima or sipping a cold one down at the local tavern.

So what do you mean with "Outside"?

Also CV BS has been an infected issue in this game for about 8-9 years .... so ....

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube

5 minutes ago, Unlooky said:

In my case no. I love cv's. Aviation has always been a passion of mine, and why I went to A&P school. 

But in this game? Complete and utter garbage. You neither actually fly the planes nor fight with the ship. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mashed68 said:

In my case no. I love cv's. Aviation has always been a passion of mine, and why I went to A&P school. 

But in this game? Complete and utter garbage. You neither actually fly the planes nor fight with the ship. 

One of my sons is hoping to go to A&P school!

2 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

I dont really understand what you mean with "outside", in this forum yes, because its outside the game but still just about this game. I dont really hate WOW CVs when playing Ghost of Tsushima or sipping a cold one down at the local tavern.

So what do you mean with "Outside"?

Also CV BS has been an infected issue in this game for about 8-9 years .... so ....

Outside of the game as in entirely "unrelated to World of Warships," such as in a historical context like the one OP posted. 

Obviously people dislike CVs "outside" of the game on game related forums and chats. 

Posted (edited)

I guess some people misunderstood my title to the thread, so I will change it. 

Edited by Zysyss

• Zysyss changed the title to I know some hate cv being in game....but...
5 hours ago, mashed68 said:

Indeed. I started my online gaming with "Warbirds" in the mid '90s. Love aircraft, served in the USMC air wing. Hate the way they are implemented in this game and it's nothing close to actual flying (neither was WOWP which is why I quickly uninstalled it...).

Now, if they made some CV themed Scenario / Operations (Raptor is about as close as we get and it's all about keeping your team's bot from getting torped...) I might be a bit more interested. But they'd need to scale up the earnings. 

Operation: Sink the Bismarck! (Swordfish only, lol).
Operation: Midway!
Operation: Coral Sea!
Operation: Battle of the Philippine Sea (AKA The great Marianas Turkey Shoot)!

To name a few. Yeah, ik... not holding my breath.

• Like 1