WoWs Servers Will Be Down - FYI

HogHammer

6 minutes ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

So I am being punished for watching the 7th NHL game for the Cup?

Great game. Great Stanley Cup final... 

45 minutes ago, oldblackdog said:

It was a fantastic game, Bobrovsky had one hell of a game

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yeah, apparently they are going to try and force everyone onto Discord now, like they do game modes in game with mission requirements. They can try but they will never force me there. If I miss stuff so be it. Discord sucks and I will not use it.

I mean god forbid they post on their game's official website, in the actual news section, where any rational person with common sense would go look for news about the game.

They never cease to amaze me LOL.

Wont work with me, if my desired account cant liad I just go play something else…

• Like 1

10 hours ago, majmac said:

I presume they would have listed those times as UTC times, seeing all regions have multiple time zones.

Well, this is a Discord feature that keeps creating confusion when people from different time zones see different times. It's actually a good feature because it tells you what the times are in your time zone straight out, but community wise it would be nice if they also listed the UTC times too.

Graaah. I had thought this would have been done hours ago because I only knew the previous schedule. But they hadn't seen fit to give a notification in their own blasted game of the adjusted time of the downtime.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just finished a battle at 5:04 am EDT and the server apparently went down or was shot off and now I cannot get logged back in. The Customer Support page shows the server being down.

It sure would be nice if these were more obviously posted and with additional time for this warning.

image.thumb.png.0a7f1c65e93020d67b450921ba1bba57.png

Edited by djc_499
misspelling
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, oldblackdog said:

7 hours ago, Schnitchelkid01_ said:

It was a fantastic game, Bobrovsky had one hell of a game

Both teams should be proud of themselves. They played with heart. They took it to seven games. However there can only be one winner. 🏆

2 hours ago, djc_499 said:

It sure would be nice if these were more obviously posted and with additional time for this warning.

The lack of any advance (widely visible notice) is rather odd.

I do see that Aslain had to update the mods for initial compatibility, too.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the link (awareness), @djc_499.  I doubt many players checked or were even aware of this section on WoW's main site.

I found another "gem" I was not even aware of, like:

All game mechanic questions/issues now go to Discord.  There is no longer a "Support Ticket" option.  

Wargaming (WG) Player Support

I had no idea of the change.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

Thanks for the link (awareness), @djc_499.  I doubt many players checked or were even aware of this section on WoW's main site.

All game mechanic questions/issues now go to Discord.  There is no longer a "Support Ticket" option.  

Wow.  Just wow.

They are so desperate to get people onto Discord that they have removed their own support system to get people onto it?

And I can completely understand why someone might miss such info.  "Well, if you had been on Discord when we announced on Discord that we were only going to listen to Discord, you would have heard about our increased Discord use.  Why weren't you on Discord??".   

Well, just justifies my decision to be here and my gratitude Devstrike exists.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

I checked just now and customer service tickets can still be made.

2 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I checked just now and customer service tickets can still be made.

That is correct @Daniel_Allan_Clark.  The post referred to any questions/issues related to "game mechanics" moving to Discord as a support function.

Discord.thumb.png.43c25baf4b7f7fceb42de1536a01f969.png

4 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

That is correct @Daniel_Allan_Clark.  The post referred to any questions/issues related to "game mechanics" moving to Discord as a support function.

Discord.thumb.png.43c25baf4b7f7fceb42de1536a01f969.png

Would a game mechanic that isn't working properly be an issue?

16 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

Would a game mechanic that isn't working properly be an issue?

I have no clue, honestly.  Perhaps WG wants to run these "game mechanics" (really filter any questions/issues) through Discord first before they get elevated to the next level (WG support).  It could be that WG support was getting hit with numerous questions/issues with game mechanics (many similar) that just took too much manpower to address.  It makes sense to send them to Discord first so that CMs can consolidate common questions/issues - perhaps some of these recurring issues will be resolved - here's wishful thinking.

4 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Well, this is a Discord feature that keeps creating confusion when people from different time zones see different times. It's actually a good feature because it tells you what the times are in your time zone straight out, but community wise it would be nice if they also listed the UTC times too.

WG is using the timestamp feature (Unix timestamps) that would allow the clients to see their local time. The issue is that the use of this feature is not widely known and it sows confusion. When I use it on my clan's server I typically include that the time shown is the reader's local time. While we have members throughout the globe, and its not to the same degree that WG has, the inclusion of UTC would have helped those unaware of their use of the Unix time stamp.

I use this site when I'm posting times on our Discord server. Discord events show local times when scheduled but not when posting about it.

https://sesh.fyi/timestamp/

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Efros said:

Discord is useless for information dissemination.

Sometimes, that’s the goal.

• Thanks 1

Seems like it might be down right now.

The WGC is telling me it can’t load updates, (I was running a file integrity check) and news clicked via the WGC links will not load.

Edited by Utt_Bugglier

EU does not go down until 3 am GMT which is about 8 hours from now. Just in case anyone is wondering.

It went down at container reset time...which at least they let you get the last minute grind in for your 3rd container if you needed it...

Which I didn't but when I got out of battle the game just shut down... didn't even get to see the post battle screen...

& not doing discord*** I had no clue it was gonna happen until it did.

Was actually hoping it was another bug & we were gonna get another WG crate with a day of premium in it...

La Vie (C'est Wut?)

***I actually am "on discord" as we needed to sign up for it to be a Pirate/Marauder back in the day... but haven't used it since then...

I do get the missions that come up from it though.