WoWs Servers Will Be Down - FYI

HogHammer

Just an FYI -

Servers will be down in the following regions today and tomorrow for about two hours. This was released (my time, Central US) at about 3:53 AM on WoW's Discord/announcements section.  --  The message/post was by Killerbin34(EU)

I did just look on the WoWs website news and did not see any such notice.  It may be in a pop-up in-game, but I have not checked yet.  Times may not be adjusted for your time zone, so be aware.

Actual cut/paste of message from WoWs Discord:

The servers will be down for an update on all three regions at these approximate times.

NA

June 24, 2024 10:00 PM –June 25, 2024 12:00 AM

ASIA 

June 24, 2024 8:00 PM – June 24, 2024 10:00 PM

EU
June 25, 2024 7:00 PM – June 25, 2024 9:00 PM

We apologize for the inconvenience.
Fair seas, Captains!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 8

This may be why I had that patch this morning?

• Like 1

Just an update: This still isn't mentioned when you log into the game or on the official WoW website. I have no idea how to localize the time to various time zones since that is not indicated in the original Discord post.

I've sent a message to someone at WG to see if this will be posted outside of their own Discord and if downtime will be localized. No word yet!

For the 10 pm in NA, I have no idea what time zone WG is referring to.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

For the 10 pm in NA, I have no idea what time zone WG is referring to.

IIRC, the default is Pacific time. 

8 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

the default is Pacific time

You are correct regarding Pacific time. However, my contact from WG is giving me slightly conflicting information on this. I am trying to sort this out now with them.  He said 4 to 6 in the morning for me in Central, but that does not jive with my information.  He's checking on it currently.

• Like 1

Kind of strange that they posted this in Discord ( I read it there ) but have not put anything on the website. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Zysyss said:

Kind of strange that they posted this in Discord ( I read it there ) but have not put anything on the website. 

Not yet anyway. Well, didn't they say something about Discord being their main channel or something?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Not yet anyway. Well, didn't they say something about Discord being their main channel or something?

They did I believe.

• Like 1

Well, typical non-communication from Wedgie. What else is new? Not everyone uses discord, after all isn't it aka ''discordant'? 😁

• Like 2

TY, Hoghammer, for this info (such as it is). 

1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Yeah, apparently they are going to try and force everyone onto Discord now, like they do game modes in game with mission requirements. They can try but they will never force me there. If I miss stuff so be it. Discord sucks and I will not use it.

I mean god forbid they post on their game's official website, in the actual news section, where any rational person with common sense would go look for news about the game.

They never cease to amaze me LOL.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

12 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yeah, apparently they are going to try and force everyone onto Discord now, like they do game modes in game with mission requirements. They can try but they will never force me there. If I miss stuff so be it. Discord sucks and I will not use it.

I mean god forbid they post on their game's official website, in the actual news section, where any rational person with common sense would go look for news about the game.

If WG genuinely wanted people to see this, considering that they no longer have any official forum, they'd put it on all these locations: Official WoWS website News section, WGC, and WoWS game client.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yeah, apparently they are going to try and force everyone onto Discord now

This would not surprise me. Isn't it that Wedgie is aiming for the younger arcade style playing generation with short battles & short attention spans?

WG Discord, with its intended brevity fits right in with WG pandering to an extremely short attention span audience.

I, too, have no intention of utilizing Discord (aka 'discordant'). I will get my WG news from the adverts on launching the game & here in DevStrike! 😁

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

This would not surprise me. Isn't it that Wedgie is aiming for the younger arcade style playing generation with short battles & short attention spans?

WG Discord, with its intended brevity fits right in with WG pandering to an extremely short attention span audience.

I, too, have no intention of utilizing Discord (aka 'discordant'). I will get my WG news from the adverts on launching the game & here in DevStrike! 😁

Hey, my battles and attention spans are on the short side, maybe I'm young at heart as they say. ☺️

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, ReDiR20 said:

That's at night, not a problem

The time zone you mean, if it's adjusted to the PC clock in other words it's not at the time posted by @HogHammer?

4 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

The time zone you mean, if it's adjusted to the PC clock in other words it's not at the time posted by @HogHammer?

Yes, on Discord says that it starts at 3 am

• Thanks 1

Discord is useless for information dissemination. This sort of stuff needs to be front and center in their News section and also on the WGC front end.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I doubt this is the place to find people with a favorable view of WOWS move to Discord.  However, you would think they would put notice on as many platforms as possible, including the launcher.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

4 hours ago, Aethervox said:

Well, typical non-communication from Wedgie. What else is new? Not everyone uses discord, after all isn't it aka ''discordant'? 😁

3 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Soon they will have us using a WeeGee board for info......LOL!!!!!

WG board.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, Zysyss said:

On Discord anyone from WG can quickly post the info. The website reqires the editor dude(s) to edit the page, more steps required, more work, more people involved... 

• Confused 2

What a nice surprise, you got home late and think you can play a little bit and use your remaining premium time, but no, thx a lot Wedgie. :classic_angry:

Edited by UnrepentantSinner
  • Like 2

I presume they would have listed those times as UTC times, seeing all regions have multiple time zones.

• Like 1

Just got this statement from Discord courtesy of my favorite Twitch streamer:

Ahskance [NA] — Today at 8:12 PM Captains! A scheduled downtime for NA (announcements) has been moved to a later time. The expected downtime will occur in 6 hours and should last approximately 2 hours. Thank you!

So I am being punished for watching the 7th NHL game for the Cup? 

Thank you Harry for saying it