Weekend Spree - 21-23 June 2023

Ensign Cthulhu

By way of ruthless efficiency and playing in the morning, I'm done for the weekend by Sunday 2:15pm my time.

Wiped out two of my grind targets, one in the traditional way (Brindisi --> Venezia) and the other (Shimanto --> Takahashi) by accidentally finishing researching it with FXP (because I mistakenly thought I was in the PTS and it didn't register how much FXP I was using until after I'd pushed the button). Decided that rather than bring multiple new ships into the grind list, I would double my efforts on the ones which are there and try to get them finished before the Anniversary patch. When that hits, I'll be playing all my ships (or as many of them as necessary to knock extra rewards off), and that usually rolls directly into Christmas Snowflake season, so there is then likely to be no more serious grinding this year (except for ECXP in my premiums during snowflake season).

At some stage, I need to sit down and plan a set of very loose ship-grinding ambitions for 2025. My other long-term plan continues to be the promotion of all my legendary captains. In the lead at the moment is Sansonetti with 15 points. Cunningham is hard on his heels with 14, and the remaining ones needing to be done (Auboyneau, Kuznetsov, Sa Zhenbing) are well behind on 11. They will likely not get done this year. Sansonetti probably will, based on progress thus far, but I'm not expecting to get even Cunningham done in 2024. We shall see.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Wiped out two of my grind targets, one in the traditional way (Brindisi --> Venezia) and the other (Shimanto --> Takahashi) by accidentally finishing researching it with FXP (because I mistakenly thought I was in the PTS and it didn't register how much FXP I was using until after I'd pushed the button).

Accidentally using the FXP while thinking you are in PTS is one of those things that would make me think how stupid I was for the rest of the day.  Oops, carry on.

• Like 1

Some Ops at night.  Observed Litha Friday night and I hope all before me heard me....  Played a Random match by accident when a clan mate asked me to participate in a division for a clan star......a total stomp loss of course.    Worked on Embury kero lantern to add to my SHTF stash of non-electric heat and light...

Finished some minor event stuff and that's about it.

• Like 1

Viewed various Twitch streams from @Ensign Cthulhu and @Lord_Zath and @Laurie and others.

Made a joke about the "Spanish Cruiser-sition" during @Ensign Cthulhu's Twitch stream, yesterday.  😉 
(Monty Python comedy skit reference.)  https://youtu.be/D5Df191WJ3o?si=4QfE-GntuzNPopx9

Participated in Naval Battles.

On Thursday (last week) dropped-off my motorcycle at a local shop to have some parts installed and and oil-change done.
On Friday, I drove my car to bring the shop the parts that I'd recently ordered and received from the motorcycle vendor in California.
In the late afternoon of Friday, I received a phone-call from the shop saying the handlebar diameter was smaller than the clamp diameter.
While frustrating (that the job I paid them to perform wasn't finished), I did appreciate the notification and told them I'd call the parts supplier.
The parts supplier is also the company that imports the motorcycle, and thus everything *should* have been compatible parts.
What I learned during my phone-call to the the supplier is that there are some small pieces that are supposed to be included with the handlebar kit ... and ...
that those pieces were apparently not shipped with my order.
So, they agreed to send me the small pieces which would act as "shims" and fill the difference in handlebar and clamp diameter.
Then I called the local motorcycle shop again and explained what I'd learned and that the parts should arrive within a few business days.
Meantime, hold the bike in their shop and I'll bring the parts when I get them.

Some links enclosed for the curious
https://cscmotorcycles.com/scrambler-handlebar-kit-for-sg250/
The relevant "shims" are pictured at the 1 minute & 32 second time-stamp in the youtube video.
https://youtu.be/EtJuJsevDS4?si=hcl_poevDeykV2Ik

Upon re-watching the video, I'm concerned that I'll need to purchase replacement grips, too.
Hopefully I can simply purchase some locally or that the shop will have the expertise and wherewithal to avoid destruction of the original grips.
Time will tell.

I've completed most of the available in-game missions and am making progress on the current battle-pass.

Purchased the Azur Lane camouflage for the Iowa for 1,500 doubloons via the first stage of a random-loot progression in the Armory.

Found an anime series, named Rinkai, about women bicyclists.  It is pleasant, if somewhat slow-paced, to watch.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31957487/

Edit:  Posted in various forum topics.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

Accidentally using the FXP while thinking you are in PTS is one of those things that would make me think how stupid I was for the rest of the day.  Oops, carry on.

And into the next day! 🤣

One of Zath's friends, tmGrunty, advised me to change my port in PTS to differentiate the two. That was advice I was quick to take.

• Like 2

Finally got the Bungo and Alsace, both seem to be pretty nice!

Also bought back the Haragumo line and got an additional 42,840 Research Points (4x) in the process. 

Now to decide if there is I want anything to spend them on (90k total).

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, S7CentNickel said:

Now to decide if there is I want anything to spend them on

Same problem here. I have two double resets stacked on the Harugumo line but I haven't bought them back yet because 

a) I'd still need a third double reset to get anything I wanted.

b) I'm not sure if there's anything I really want that I don't yet have. I should hold out because the new German DD that's like a Felix Schultz with hydro might end up being in the RB, and I want to get it if it is. Otherwise it might be time to start buying Unique Upgrades.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu

Played some games on the PTS.  The shuffle mode was not particularly interesting, it was just a re-hash of the three modes with a random element of different objectives.  Similarly, I didn't see the point of the new brawl format.  I think I would have much preferred the old 3v3 format.

Other than that, I was recovering from a cold, nothing debilitating, just annoying.

• Like 1

My EU clan was in the group NBs this weekend . We got 7th in group (I think). Otherwise, I just played some solo randoms, as I mostly do, & did a run of 7 battles divisioned with a good player (better than me). We got 7 wins in a row. Ofc, I should be divisioning much more. My NA clan is practically moribund & usually doesn't play enough weekly battles to even qualify for NBs - no matter, who cares other than the few remaining players.

• Like 1