Cossack vs Kidd - which do you like better for Random and Ranked?

Titus_Pullo_13

Cossack vs Kidd  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like better for Randoms.

I think thy are very close and like them both for different reasons. 

• Like 1

Looks like I just became an 'influencer'.

• Haha 1

Kinda depends if you are going in solo or as part of a division I'd say. Both of them are gunboats, but with that said Cossack has far more usable torpedoes and the benefit of hydro on top of slightly better concealment giving it an edge in supported cap contesting. The Kidd on the other hand has a better health pool, access to heals, higher top speed, faster turret rotation, and better gun configuration comparatively. The smoke can go both ways, Cossack has shorter smokes but a lot more of them. Kidd's can be used to smoke somebody in or hide a flank for a bit a lot better than Cossack's.

Both are solid, but heal on Kidd gives her an edge. 

Lighning would be my choice instead of Cossack due to additional torpedo rack and MUCH better gun angles.

• Like 3

*what the doodle* Kidd is nowhere near in terms with 1on1 with Cossack. Kidd only has more team play consumables but thats it. Cossack is by far the best tier 8 DD in the game. If you run on Cossack no heal will save you against him.Kidd is better for randoms.

• Like 2

Poll needs a "Bacon" option.  🙂 

Both DD's are limited to one rack of torpedoes.  

So, things like concealment and damage-per-minute of the guns and hull maneuverability become relevant.

• Like 2

Le Terrible.

I have both, (well, all three, counting Le Terrible), and I reach for the Kidd far more often, but I fall to the Cossack a lot. I tend to get into Cossack’s hydro range a lot. And when that happens, its hydro and rate of fire will outlast your heal and cooldown interval.

If you can play disciplined, and do quick hit & run attacks and break off engagements, smoke up to break contact & heal up outside of hydro range, then Kidd. If not, then Cossack.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wulf_Ace said:

*what the doodle* Kidd is nowhere near in terms with 1on1 with Cossack. Kidd only has more team play consumables but thats it. Cossack is by far the best tier 8 DD in the game. If you run on Cossack no heal will save you against him.Kidd is better for randoms.

Yeah, I'd say Cossak for ranked and solo play, Kidd for division randoms (smoke up a cleveland or smth).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Titus_Pullo_13 said:

I think thy are very close and like them both for different reasons. 

I have them both and as a DD Main I think they are extremely close in the fact their both powerhouses, just in different ways.

I would say play Kidd if youre a mediocre or above average DD player and Cossack if youre really good at playing DDs. You can get away with a lot more in Kidd due to heals. 

Cossack has great alpha guns and great conceal and can conga line its torps. Kidd has more area denial torps but are a good all rounder. And with its "decent AA", US smokes and heals it is pretty good at contesting caps and taking fights with enemy DDs that can heal back health. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

I have them both and as a DD Main I think they are extremely close in the fact their both powerhouses, just in different ways.

I would say play Kidd if youre a mediocre or above average DD player and Cossack if youre really good at playing DDs. You can get away with a lot more in Kidd due to heals. 

Cossack has great alpha guns and great conceal and can conga line its torps. Kidd has more area denial torps but are a good all rounder. And with its "decent AA", US smokes and heals it is pretty good at contesting caps and taking fights with enemy DDs that can heal back health. 

I agree with this. I prefer the Cossack but in the right situation the Kidd is a lot of fun. The torps are pretty cumbersome though

• Like 2

I picked Cossack...might change my mind tomorrow...

• Like 1

Cossack, better DPM and much better torps + british acceleration.

• Like 1

I have them both but I've had the Kidd for longer and brought it to CB when it was at Tier VIII. The only DD I was concerned about running into was the Cossack. They are both dear to me for sentimental reasons but they're close enough that you can't go wrong picking either one. The best answer is to, eventually have both in your port.

• Like 1

Cossack for me, but it's *very* marginal; it's probably Cossack's superiority in terms of the vision game that edges it (hydro and second best sneakiness in the game, from memory - 5.5 km, versus 5.4 being as good as it gets)...

Always fond of Kidd - DD Dreadnoughts are best Dreadnoughts after all.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Titus_Pullo_13 said:

I agree with this. I prefer the Cossack but in the right situation the Kidd is a lot of fun. The torps are pretty cumbersome though

19 hours ago, oldblackdog said:

I picked Cossack...might change my mind tomorrow...

Cossack is absolutely not bad, its a very strong ship with great guns, few but good torps, British smokes etc. Kidd just also strong and for most a bit easier to play.

• Like 1