What is your limit of losses ?

Lady Anesjka

Before logging off ?

When I start playing long time ago, it was 4 in a row...
Then 3...

Now is 2, but if my opening game was toxic or had very bad team, I will log off after that one game.

• Like 2

Depends on what sort of losses they were.

Total blowout matches where it feels like nothing I could do mattered? 3 consecutive blowouts.

Closely fought losses where a different decision here or there could have changed the outcome? These don't tilt me nearly as much and I rarely stop playing as a result of types of losses.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

its not about losses, its about my personal contribution. If I see I am not playing good, and I die like a noob and dont do any damage, then after second game I quit, I know then that I am not commited  to playing the game and there is no point of playing more.

• Like 3

I will stop playing randoms after 3-4 games that I play poorly in or don't have any fun. Doesn't exactly depend on if I lose.

Depends on two things:

1) RNG

2) My own performance

If I see I do not have my head in the game, I will quit after two or three games. If it is only RNG - as in, shit team after a shit team - it may take a dozen games for me to get frustrated enough to quit.

• Like 2

For me, it can now be as little as just 1 loss, unless I'm really in the mood for gaming or if I'm focusing on something other than winning like missions. Back in the day, I got take a string of 10 defeats in a stride. No, don't comment on that one.

• Like 2

My tolerance levels has dropped drastically, 5 losses in random is about all  I can take these days unless its absolutely necessary, if its not I go back to Coop. 

Edited by tm63au
  • Like 1

The game is a gamble and it is good to know when to quit while you're ahead.

I change modes, ships, or class if randoms gets bad. Sometimes 2 games in a row is enough to require something else to change.

• Like 1

I play COOP, so three losses in a row is unheard of smileytongue.gif.fe902ab22717c1b5f4145a5a20d211c2.gif

BUT ... in the last instance when Asymmetric Battle mode was available there was a week or so when, it seemed, that a significant percentage of the players had NO idea that the bots in Asymmetric would delete you if you yolo'ed.

I reached the point where three losses in a row in Asymmetric and I'd go play COOP for a couple of hours.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, thornzero said:

I change modes, ships, or class if randoms gets bad. Sometimes 2 games in a row is enough to require something else to change.

I do the same because I take the hint that I should be playing something else to further my training in this game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Unlooky said:

Total blowout matches where it feels like nothing I could do mattered? 3 consecutive blowouts.

Closely fought losses where a different decision here or there could have changed the outcome? These don't tilt me nearly as much and I rarely stop playing as a result of types of losses.

I will agree with you on this. 3 if teams play in a way that makes me tilt a bit. 5 if they are good games. Either way, if it looks like I am just on a losing streak, I take a break. 

• Like 2

I'm primarily a co-op player, so I don't exactly lose very often. 

If I go to PVP, it's to make the most efficient use of high-level boosters to finish a grind. In that case, I stay at it until the grind is done. Then it's back to co-op.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It used to be 3 for me. After playing for 10 years, I've seen a few things, and just stopped caring. If I start tilting, I'll switch it up to a different game mode or a different class/tier. Typically if I want to have fun and turn off the brain, I'll do operations or the recent Asymmetric Battles.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Lord_Zath said:

It used to be 3 for me. After playing for 10 years, I've seen a few things, and just stopped caring. If I start tilting, I'll switch it up to a different game mode or a different class/tier. Typically if I want to have fun and turn off the brain, I'll do operations or the recent Asymmetric Battles.

What you just said is where a great majority of us are.... 

For me, I simply don't ever play PVP intentionally.  A clan mate accidentally drug me into a Random yesterday for a clan star....  I hated every moment of that stomp....  If I could "disable" all PVP content, I'd pay for that option.   It's that bad.

The rest of us "exist" in OPs and ASB's.  And, even that is losing it's "value" for the OG that came to this game....  The search is on and an exodus is approaching.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unlooky said:

^^^This for me^^^

Even then, if it gets bad, I jump into a different account to play on a different server.  If I get the same results, I figure I better call it a day.

• Like 2

It's rare that I get more than two games in a session.

I generally switch ships every match...so streaks aren't a big deal to me.

• Like 1

For me, it was never about W/L but all about how well I played.

Even playing coop if I have a string of games I played poorly in I exit the game.  Especially if its in ships I love playing.  Playing poorly in ships I don't like for missions don't count much.

• Like 1

One or two losses in a row, especially, if any loss is a roflstomp. 

• Like 1

I once had 13 consecutive defeats with the Schlieffen, playing solo in Random Battles. Then I logged off because I got tired of it. The following day I made around 11 or 12 consecutive victories with the same battleship, played solo in Random Battles. Then I logged off because I got tired of it. 

I realized it is not so much a battle's result that determines my 'limit' than the physical demands of playing versus other players. Speaking of which, I think I need a new chair.

• Like 6

I play the best I can with the intent of winning, but if the team loses I don't let it bug me.  The next game is a complete reset.

• Like 2

Just played a random battle with two very balanced teams WR - wise, which ended surprisingly in a blow out. My team lost in an embarrassing way and all of a sudden ... Unfortunately, it was my first random on "Graf Zeppelin". Not a good omen, but we did our best, sank two ships and really contributed in all terms, but I have to admit that I'm really scared to push battle button. Now it's the sixth loss in a row in the course of two days. I feel like being cursed, and so I will not accept more than 2  consecutive losses. Sick and tired of bad results and plunging WR while playing in a decent or good way. It wrecks my nerves.  

• Like 1

I view my sessions in terms of best-of-threes. Two losses in sequence means that this particular best-of-three is over. If I want to continue playing, I would need to have time for 3 whole matches of a new best-of-three. 

This is my strategy for compartmentalizing losses in order to limit their damage. Otherwise frustration and the need to "recapture" wins that I feel were rightfully mine will badly degrade my play.  

• Like 3

3 straight loses is my cut for Randoms. 

For Ranked, 2 loses means a ship/role change. 

3 loses in Ops is too depressing to contemplate

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

3 loses in Ops is too depressing to contemplate

I've seen it. It's why I mostly stopped playing Ops except in big divisions.

And usually it's 3 in a row for me with PvP modes, though once in awhile I'll chase a loss streak where I just don't care and want to see how far it will go. I slammed my Tsurugi's WR into the floor doing it a few weeks ago. This kind of thing is fixable, but for some perverse reason it occasionally entertains me.

Edited by MnemonScarlet
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Lady Anesjka said:

Before logging off ?

When I start playing long time ago, it was 4 in a row...
Then 3...

Now is 2, but if my opening game was toxic or had very bad team, I will log off after that one game.

I don't have a "limit" for wins or losses.

If I lose, I usually made some progress on whatever mission task or grind that I'm pursuing. 
Thus a "loss" that earns me some progress is still a "win".  🙂 
And, if it was a close game with people who played well, that's a good experience which can be savored, anyway.

Sometimes I get distracted (by my wife or our ferrets) enough to stop playing while I deal with whatever the situation is.  Real-life is more important, eh?
"Game over"?  Oh, well.  Moving on to the next game.  🙂 

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1