Bug, Feature or Fail?

WES_HoundDog

I've noticed recently that sometimes when i have shift depressed  (binocular view enabled), and then press right mouse button to zoom out and look around but keep guns locked on spot.   If i happen to fire at this exact moment i zoom out the game zooms me back in and either stays in or will quickly zoom back out again once the guns stop firing.   It's extremely annoying and messes with your ability to look around quickly.  I even noticed last patch that my shells would fly off randomly sometimes when this happened.

I noticed when practicing this shooting at an island i couldn't get it to happen.  But when i was locked onto a target i could hit it was happening again.     I went to training room and could not recreate the situation.    Is my mouse button going wonkers or is anyone else noticing this?

Gods i hope this is not another "aiming bug fix" Akin to the slow auto lock-on we now get because WeeGee couldn't figure out how to properly fix railgunning.

Added replay of the last game where it is quite noticeable particularly against the colorado.   I also tryed it vs the dd near the end but it didn't happen vs the dd.    I was even trying to go light on pressing the button down when testing on the island and dd.   It didn't seem to be a failing or light button push.

https://replayswows.com/replay/203043#stats

Edited by WES_HoundDog
  • Like 1

• WES_HoundDog changed the title to Bug, Feature or Fail?

I'm not in game now, or for the foreseeable time till later today, but this needs to be replicated by other players to see if the same thing happens every time.

• Like 1

Have you tried recognizing that look-about mode is just that, and not meant for firing in?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Have you tried recognizing that look-about mode is just that, and not meant for firing in?

This.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Since it is possible and has been possible for a very long time and has been supported by WG given the fact that your guns stay on the spot you were last looking at prior to using freelook.  Also given the fact that it still is not buggy in most cases, i would say your argument falls on it's face.   Regardless, I would prefer to continue to use every moment i can to perform better.    You on the other hand can surely continue to not.

2 minutes ago, WES_HoundDog said:

Since it is possible and has been possible for a very long time and has been supported by WG given the fact that your guns stay on the spot you were last looking at prior to using freelook.  Also given the fact that it still is not buggy in most cases, i would say your argument falls on it's face.   Regardless, I would prefer to continue to use every moment i can to perform better.    You on the other hand can surely continue to not.

Your guns might be in the same spot, but what did the target do while you were looking around?

12 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I'm not in game now, or for the foreseeable time till later today, but this needs to be replicated by other players to see if the same thing happens every time.

So i just watched my replay and it's hard to tell whats going wrong.    Unless your the person expecting something particular to happen.    I do zoom in and out a lot normally so extra zoom in and outs are hard to pick out.     I would figure if you watch the replay.   The last shot i fire before the Colorado comes out from behind the island (the ones where the shells still hit the island)  appears to have been one spot where it happened and maybe the first shots on him after he comes out from behind the island.   But it clearly happened before then as i was practicing trying to repeat the bug on that island he went behind.

12 hours ago, WES_HoundDog said:

So i just watched my replay and it's hard to tell whats going wrong.    Unless your the person expecting something particular to happen.    I do zoom in and out a lot normally so extra zoom in and outs are hard to pick out.     I would figure if you watch the replay.   The last shot i fire before the Colorado comes out from behind the island (the ones where the shells still hit the island)  appears to have been one spot where it happened and maybe the first shots on him after he comes out from behind the island.   But it clearly happened before then as i was practicing trying to repeat the bug on that island he went behind.

Well... I did have a look but ... honestly, I didn't notice anything except that I was getting really dizzy watching your game play... no offense. I failed to spot anything strange, and to me it seemed you were firing your guns in the binocular view mostly. I did notice the red team kind of screwed up royally. Congratulations on the Kraken!

I didn't experience the problem last night.    But then again, WeGe has been patch happy and server churning lately.