Sheesh...

xamdam

TY WeeGee for making it possible for anyone with a credit card to buy just about anything in the game and troll with it...

I just had a 4 "man" div show up in Operation Narai and immediately start spamming "quick commands" (all of them... "get back, set a smoke screen, I need intelligence...") to where I had to mute them all in the first minute. Then as the match progressed, it was obvious they were either clueless or trolling. The other three of us did manage to complete the mission but... not fun at all and ofc, secondary missions not completed.

Looking them up I found this... Just one example (it was a clan, they were all similar). Name blurred...

This 'player' had a grand total of 23 games played over all game modes. However, note the ships...
image.thumb.jpeg.77673966871297b9ee537ce43432b8b5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f776f1e2105aef4d261b0aff14e65fb0.jpeg

United States (Super), Yamato... 

Also, the account name had multiple duplicates that ended with _1, _2, _3 up to _10. 

I'm done for the day. Had a fun match before that but this kind of stuff just makes me want to log off.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

I'm honestly jealous that some folks have nothing better to do than...shit like that.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, xamdam said:

Also, the account name had multiple duplicates that ended with _1, _2, _3 up to _10. 

What do you mean? Do they share a naming structure, e.g., accountname_1, accountname_2, accountname_3, etc.?

Over at Reddit, one posted about endless bot accounts, complete with profiles of suspected accounts. 

I suspect these could be accounts that were created by a 'boosting' business solely for the purpose of grinding them to higher tiers using a bot, to be sold later on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

yesterday I saw a Yamato in random game, he pressed W and suicide into our team, I did see he was turning his guns a bit left and right and thats it, he didnt fire them.

Ca. 3 days ago I have had a Napoli at my side on "Two Brothers", which sailed strait into an island, smoking up almost immediately and firing into the island. That was what this creature was doing in the course of the entire game. Pure bot - behavior, but with Clan - abbreviation and a name + 1-2_3 etc. I have checked the stats of several ot those "players", who often use ships they officially don't own ... strange coincidence IMO. Some people are pretending that it's WG itself, which is standing behind these "players". Testing their AI and taking care of falling player numbers ...

Edited by OT2_2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OT2_2 said:

Some people are pretending that it's WG itself, which is standing behind these "players". Testing their AI and taking care of falling player numbers ...

Now, that topic (the corporation fielding "bots" to make up failing participation) over the years isn't a myth.  In one game, right after the game imploded, there were staff members playing (controlling) bots.  Till they quit I suspect. 

AI, as I have said before, is going to be "game changing" (NPI)...  Cause,  many AI engines are self learning constructs.......need I say more?  Imagine PVE with bots that learn each and everytime that _1 or _2 bot experiences a map or a mode..... 

How would you know without Discord connections.....?

• Like 1

Plenty of speculation and entertaining hypotheses.

But ... Replays?  Videos?  Verifiable documents?
Those seem to be more difficult to get.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, xamdam said:

Press/Demo accounts?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

yesterday I saw a Yamato in random game, he pressed W and suicide into our team, I did see he was turning his guns a bit left and right and thats it, he didnt fire them.

Seen something similar occur earlier. Something tells me that counts as a good game for these players...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ArIskandir said:

Press/Demo accounts?

One possibility.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Plenty of speculation and entertaining hypotheses.

I figure WG copies what I do in battle and then uses that to control bots in other games.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

I figure WG copies what I do in battle and then uses that to control bots in other games.

I've been saying for years that 'Bots are emulating human behaviors.  🙂 

• Like 3

The same crap is going on in random battles also. I see folks with less the 50 games played and clueless all the time. Buy a premium ship and away you go to high tier gameplay with no clue what to do. I don't blame the players, but I do blame WG for this. WG had to know this would happen. 

Edited by USMC2145
  • Like 2

Can confirm, heavy concentration of *Spezhullz:tm:* players

...And I'm stuck at home with nothing to do due to orders to rest and ban on sauna & swimming till my surgery stiches and wound fully closes

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xamdam said:

TY WeeGee for making it possible for anyone with a credit card to buy just about anything in the game and troll with it...

That's the definition of freedom. 

What's your alternative? 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Bored 1

40 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

That's the definition of freedom. 

What's your alternative? 

Simple, restrict buying premium ships to the highest tier tech tree ship you have. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

Simple, restrict buying premium ships to the highest tier tech tree ship you have. 

That won't work. People often rush the tiers.

1 hour ago, USMC2145 said:

To what end?  Players don't become proficient just because they own a tech tree ship. The restriction is also silly from a business perspective, the moment you decide to sell a Premium ship, it is stupid to implement politics aiming to 'sell less' of the product, you logically want to 'sell more'. 

And really which MMO game asks you to be proficient in the game in order to buy content? ... it's just silly

Edited by ArIskandir
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, thornzero said:

People often rush the tiers.

I, luckily, got invited into Alpha testing, so, I've been in WoWS for a long time (w my main account originally NA but transferred to EU name Aethervoxx).

The hilarious part, in those early months of WoWS, was that there were the players who 'rushed to T10 as fast as possible' & then they 'whined' (on the WG forum) about not having enough opponents to play against (LOL &, yes, this did happen).

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Some are claiming that the 'Bots' are playing better than some humans, too 😁 ( & they are probably correct 😏)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

Some are claiming that the 'Bots' are playing better than some humans, too 😁 ( & they are probably correct 😏)

They cheat shamelessly too.

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Aethervox said:
7 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I can neither confirm nor deny.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Frostbow said:

What do you mean? Do they share a naming structure, e.g., accountname_1, accountname_2, accountname_3, etc.?

Over at Reddit, one posted about endless bot accounts, complete with profiles of suspected accounts. 

I suspect these could be accounts that were created by a 'boosting' business solely for the purpose of grinding them to higher tiers using a bot, to be sold later on.

Yes, The account name was (not posting all of it due to shaming rules) "WoWS_*****_1". When I went to wows numbers to confirm, it brought up a list ranging from _1~_10. Just looking now I see there's another in there "_7pressloc"... So, I'm guessing press accounts are probably the answer.

Thing was, the obnoxious behavior right at the start is what made me know something was up. Endless spamming of the quick commands by all or most of the 4. I muted them all quickly.

I remember several years ago when the game was unplayable for a while during a convention when press accounts where flooding the queues. Allowing these in Ops where they can make a nearly full division though destroys the match for the pick ups. If they ONLY allowed them to do full 7 player divs, fine... Knock themselves out.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Aethervox said:

I, luckily, got invited into Alpha testing, so, I've been in WoWS for a long time (w my main account originally NA but transferred to EU name Aethervoxx).

The hilarious part, in those early months of WoWS, was that there were the players who 'rushed to T10 as fast as possible' & then they 'whined' (on the WG forum) about not having enough opponents to play against (LOL &, yes, this did happen).

It's human nature, I think.

I gave up on WoW (as in Warcraft) years ago, but my wife still plays it because she's into PVP.

I'll summarise quickly something that many of you probably already know. Bliz are running a sort of updated variant of Classic called Season of Discovery, and it has phases. The first phase let you level up to level 25, the second to level 40, the third (the current phase) to level 50.

My wife reported that as soon as each phase went live (and as an aside, incredibly buggy lol) that most of the people on her server leveled as fast as humanly possible. To the extent that they min/maxed and took time off work to play long days in a row.

The result? As soon as they reached the level cap those players were complaining how long it would be until the next phase went live. And now, in the wait for phase 4, the servers are very quiet because hardly anyone is playing. facepalmsmiley.gif.dc696cfbf23e3f4aab9dce896eba2993.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1