THE Most Toxic Player I've Ever Come Across

BCGrog

So I decided to take out my Marlborough.

We all loaded in. While waiting for the match countdown to Battle Start a guy in a Chikuma2 starts spouting off that his MMM shows we're gonna lose. He complains that only two players have over 50% win rate on our side.

Then he starts going down the roster who had what win rate overall and with what ship they were in.

Then he started predicting which ship will die first and to whom. He decided to do a play by play to prove his point.

He sails to the map edge and proceeds to just sit there and spam torps and lob a few shells while spouting off about who is doing what.

I said "Why don't you just put away your stupid MMM and play the match the best you can?"

He kept repeating over and over that the match was a waste of time. That the stats never lie in this game. 

To add to his obnoxious toxicity, as each player fell on our side he hit them with a "Well Done!" Three times.

All the time typing in All Chat so the red team was subject to his crap.

We eventually lost, so he was proven right, and I checked his stats, and he is a unicum player. I'll give him that.

But why be so miserable?

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, BCGrog said:

He sails to the map edge and proceeds to just sit there and spam torps and lob a few shells while spouting off about who is doing what.

Potentially enough for a charge of collusion. Put in a ticket with the replay. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:
10 minutes ago, BCGrog said:

Potentially enough for a charge of collusion. Put in a ticket with the replay. 

I agree 110% here with Ensign Cthulhu.  Send in a ticket to CS.

I have no idea what clan this character was in (that's for your eyes only), but I will say this: if this player were in my clan, he would be kicked out if I saw the replay and chat to confirm. 

It's bad enough to rant like this in "team" chat, but when you broadcast this type of rant in "all"—buddy, you crossed the line.

Please send in a ticket!

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, BCGrog said:

We all loaded in. While waiting for the match countdown to Battle Start a guy in a Chikuma2 starts spouting off that his MMM shows we're gonna lose. He complains that only two players have over 50% win rate on our side.

Then he starts going down the roster who had what win rate overall and with what ship they were in.

Then he started predicting which ship will die first and to whom. He decided to do a play by play to prove his point.

I said "Why don't you just put away your stupid MMM and play the match the best you can?"

He kept repeating over and over that the match was a waste of time. That the stats never lie in this game. 

To add to his obnoxious toxicity, as each player fell on our side he hit them with a "Well Done!" Three times.

We eventually lost, so he was proven right, and I checked his stats, and he is a unicum player. I'll give him that.

But why be so miserable?

Because, he/she/they/them/those can and the "rules simply don't apply" as an active deterrent  here....it seems.   It's all after the fact....  Proactive, this game is not.

Toxic behaviors usually mean all is not well with a players.  Some act out.  Video games simply are not "physical constructs" that can and do limit "aggressive, anti-social behaviors".... 

If the rules don't work  -  and, many of us are now asking that question these past several weeks  -  maybe it's time for another game....?

• Like 3

And some wonder why I don't play random anymore.  I know there was a way at one time to hide your stats.

• Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, BCGrog said:

But why be so miserable?

Send in a customer support ticket. That behavior is definitely beyond the pale.

Also note in your ticket that this behavior is not isolated, and that you are aware (I am telling you now) that other people have also submitted tickets for the same kind of skill mocking in numerous other battles.

Let them know you are observing a SYSTEMATIC issue with chat enforcement that demands a response from WG to fix the issue.

• Like 2

I let folks rant a couple of times then I just block 'em in chat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The most toxic player I ever met was a Red in a BB who fragged his own carrier (back when that was still possible) because he thought the CV was a scriptbot. 

When we finally nailed him, one of the remaining Red team players thanked us in all-chat.

(Sorry about the loss of quality at the critical moment; the rig I was working with at the time I made this video didn't always have enough grunt to handle the load.)

• Like 2

nvm

Edited by ArIskandir

While that's pretty funny, it's nowhere near the most degenerate I have seen. Try spamming racial slurs nonstop and telling everyone they should get cancer etc.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

While that's pretty funny, it's nowhere near the most degenerate I have seen. Try spamming racial slurs nonstop and telling everyone they should get cancer etc.

I sent a CS ticket just this week for that...

It was sad.

1 hour ago, BCGrog said:

But why be so miserable?

A year or two ago I had a similar experience.  Guy claimed the match outcome was fixed, we were all losers, that he was a unicum on the European server and that we weren't worth his time to help.  Sailed to the back edge of the map and ranted the whole battle.  So far as I know he didn't fire his guns once.  Only difference is that we won the battle.  Would have been easier if he'd helped. 

Delete MMM if you have it.  I've seen it do far more harm than good.  I've watched teams lose that MMM said were locks to win because they didn't even try as they had it in the bag, and much more often I've seen players just give up before the match even starts.

Just play your part as well as you can.  Don't worry about the win/loss. About 30% of matches will be losses regardless of what you do and about 30% will be wins regardless of what you do.  It is that middle 40% where your actions can turn a loss into a win, or a win into a loss.  Sometimes all that is needed to turn a loss into a win is bare mediocrity, sometimes you need to carry like Atlas to salvage it.

Edited by Helstrem
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BCGrog said:

But why be so miserable?

I would probably have reported them for "Misbehavior in chat" and then blocked their messages.
But, if you kept the replay, then creating a "customer service ticket" is an option.  🙂 

26 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

The funniest thing is when Spanish and Portuguese-speakers on the NA server used to say terrible things about what the gringos do with their mothers, not realizing that the gringos knew enough Hispanic bad words to read between the lines and report their sorry afts. 

I'm no longer seeing as much of that as I used to. I suspect the problem was, ah, "taken care of". 😈

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I would probably have reported them for "Misbehavior in chat" and then blocked their messages.
But, if you kept the replay, then creating a "customer service ticket" is an option.  🙂 

I did just that. Blacklisted him. 

And I'm creating the ticket today and sending it in.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BCGrog said:

But why be so miserable?

So you played a match with Flamu?

• Haha 7

22 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

So you played a match with Flamu?

Flamu can be toxic, but I've never seen him sail to the back of the map.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

It was a joke. And that guy is KING of being toxic.

36 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Never seen him PQ-ragequit either.

I despise the man for his toxicity, but I wouldn't want to see him on the Red team.

5 hours ago, BCGrog said:

But why be so miserable?

I am not saying he was right to do what he did. He was not. But many good players, including myself, are getting tired of how bad the player base has become in the high tier. This is as much WG's fault as the players. There have always been bad players, but over the last couple of years, it has become worse with players who are not just bad but totally lost with no idea what to do. The sad thing is that they do not care and just sail around with no clue what to do. Landslide losses have become more common, and teams have become almost impossible to carry. They can be so bad. It does make you feel like you are wasting your time. It is the main reason good players are leaving the game or have just stopped playing randoms. Way too many players are playing in random PVP mode and refuse to learn how to PVP, making high tiers miserable for those who do want to PVP well. Good players do not mind losing. What we do mind is players creating a loss because they have no care about getting better or winning in a mode that is meant to be PVP. When this happens over and over, it can really get on your nerves. I am not saying the way he acted was right, but I understand why he feels that way. 

Edited by Zysyss
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zysyss said:

Way too many players are playing in random PVP mode and refuse to learn how to PVP, making high tiers miserable for those who do want to PVP well.

Gotta think outside the box... play low-mid tiers yourself!!!

image.gif.8dc9f4faeb50e470568e81e655384ed2.gif

Edited by ArIskandir
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Gotta think outside the box... play low-mid tiers yourself!!!

image.gif.8dc9f4faeb50e470568e81e655384ed2.gif

Oh, we do, but then we get accused of seal clubbing, lol!

8 minutes ago, Zysyss said:

Oh, we do, but then we get accused of seal clubbing, lol!

Sounds like you are seal clubbing at tier 10 already.

What's the difference between tier 10 and tier 6 right now?

I'm not seeing much difference in skill.

15 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Sounds like you are seal clubbing at tier 10 already.

What's the difference between tier 10 and tier 6 right now?

I'm not seeing much difference in skill.

The difference is that Tier 10 isnt 60% sub 300 battle accounts. The bad players at Tier 10 are bad because they refuse to learn. The bad players at low and mid tiers are still learning.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Unlooky said:

The difference is that Tier 10 isnt 60% sub 300 battle accounts. The bad players at Tier 10 are bad because they refuse to learn. The bad players at low and mid tiers are still learning.  

True, but it's still seal clubbing either way...as the motivations of other people isn't really within our control.

Killing a clueless tier 10 player who refuses to learn is no greater or lesser challenge or game experience than killing a new tier 6 player.

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark