OMG, I did the math - the CREDITS!!!!

AdmiralThunder

17 minutes ago, thornzero said:

I don't know about NA but in EU it says you cannot transfer accounts to anyone.

To quote a movie....  "Maybe so Sir....but, not today." 

Everyday, a grand child somewhere is playing on a grand parents account....  And, that is why when we are playing with a game name we've know for years, that player isn't on Discord......cause, it's his grand daughter or grandson...... 

Yes, it is against the rules I suspect........and, so is 24/7/365 botting where you hire players to play your account on your computer.... or...........[add something we aren't supposed to do]   !

12 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Yep. You are EXACTLY the sort of player the Research Bureau and Superships were made for.

He'll just quietly slip away into retirement from WOWS and the grandson will take up the mantle, and nobody need ever know. 

He posted it on a public forum.

10 minutes ago, thornzero said:

IF  not  will. 

4 hours ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

Colbert isn’t a supership, and isn’t available for credits.

Did you mean Condé, perhaps?

Yes sorry, my bad. Conde.

5 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

I sold the only tier XI I ever purchased (Annapolis) during last year’s Christmas/New Years event. It was a ship I never played and I needed the credits to purchase new tier Xs I had unlocked playing Assymetric Battles. If the “snowflake” rewards for tier XIs continue the trend of being so underwhelming, I don’t have any desire to keep any in my port.

Haven’t regretted the decision at all.

Did read what you were writing and felt inspired. I sold both Annapolis and Novosibirsk some 5 min ago. With the credits I could finally unlock "Essex" + "Gouden Leew", a good and necessary deal in my eyes. 

1 hour ago, Gnirf said:

I am part of that club too, at least we get a few rewards on Anniversary and Christmas that will take only a few thousand years to compensate.

Thats why I picked up those 3 last ones (Dalarna, Zorky, Kunming). Basically for flake rewards (and I was bored). They don't interest me at all as regular ships to play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thornzero said:

I don't think WG really cares if a Grampa stops playing and gives his account to his Grandson. I think they add that clause to the EULA so they can stop people selling accts and such. In a case like this I don't think they would care.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You must be right, they do not care. Good to know.

No Account Sharing or Account Transfer

4.6. Your Account is personal to you and must not be shared, transferred, or traded with any other person. At no time should you disclose your password and other login credentials to anyone. This includes your friends, children, spouses, co-workers, clan members, and/or clan leaders.

4.7. If you share or transfer your Account, you may be responsible for the conduct and actions of third parties using your Account, including for all violations of this EULA. We reserve the right to suspend access to your Account or to close your Account and terminate this EULA in accordance with sections 19.4-19.9 “Suspension or Termination by Wargaming” of this EULA if we discover Account sharing or transfer.

• Like 1

You know, another thing that kind of sucks with SuperShips is you have to use a dedicated Capt. So all those ships needing a new Capt is a PITB too. I mean I have a huge Capt reserve with so many 10pt'ers I am not sure I could use them all (in some nations anyway) if WG did 10 line splits in each nation. But it still costs to assign one (reserves or another ship) and you have to grind it to raise it up (or use ECXP/FXP). Just more aggravation (even though that part is normal for tech tree ships I know).

There is just so far to go on so many of these. Sigh 😞

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, thornzero said:

You must be right, they do not care. Good to know.

No Account Sharing or Account Transfer

4.6. Your Account is personal to you and must not be shared, transferred, or traded with any other person. At no time should you disclose your password and other login credentials to anyone. This includes your friends, children, spouses, co-workers, clan members, and/or clan leaders.

4.7. If you share or transfer your Account, you may be responsible for the conduct and actions of third parties using your Account, including for all violations of this EULA. We reserve the right to suspend access to your Account or to close your Account and terminate this EULA in accordance with sections 19.4-19.9 “Suspension or Termination by Wargaming” of this EULA if we discover Account sharing or transfer.

Yup, it says that (we all acknowledged the rules already so...) but do you really think even WG would ban an acct because a Grampa gave it to his Grandson? Why would they bother with that? Also, how will they know? If the Grandson has access to the password and the original email associated with the acct how will WG know it was transferred to him? Not being argumentative with you or trying to be a jerk here. I just don't see this being an issue even though it is stated in the EULA (again already acknowledged that). This is a look the other way rules infraction.

• Thanks 1

Well, that puts in perspective my 20 million bank account, as a F2P I was starting to feel rich 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yup, it says that (we all acknowledged the rules already so...) but do you really think even WG would ban an acct because a Grampa gave it to his Grandson? Why would they bother with that? Also, how will they know? If the Grandson has access to the password and the original email associated with the acct how will WG know it was transferred to him? Not being argumentative with you or trying to be a jerk here. I just don't see this being an issue even though it is stated in the EULA (again already acknowledged that). This is a look the other way rules infraction.

I said you must be right and they don't care. Cheers. If my kids want to play, they can start from scratch is what I think. If they use someone's account and play pvp then its also problematic if they haven't done the grind. But you pve guys well that is a little different.

20 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

You know, another thing that kind of sucks with SuperShips is you have to use a dedicated Capt. So all those ships needing a new Capt is a PITB too. I mean I have a huge Capt reserve with so many 10pt'ers I am not sure I could use them all (in some nations anyway) if WG did 10 line splits in each nation. But it still costs to assign one (reserves or another ship) and you have to grind it to raise it up (or use ECXP/FXP). Just more aggravation (even though that part is normal for tech tree ships I know).

There is just so far to go on so many of these. Sigh 😞

spacer.png

Yes, and one 21p captain is roughly 300 M from scratch. I have as a goal to get 21 on DD/CA/BB,CVsand(subs)will have to make do w 10p as usual.

Some times when I have suitable ships I grind, some times I help them on the way. It depends also on how many other 21 p in the particular tech tree I grind.

My goal is not tohave more than max 2 21p in grind in repsective tech tree. My cash and eliteXP surplus is heavily used on the superships and captains.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, thornzero said:

But you pve guys well that is a little different.

Don't be that guy and go there dude. And for the record...

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

Yes, and one 21p captain is roughly 300 M from scratch. I have as a goal to get 21 on DD/CA/BB,CVsand(subs)will have to make do w 10p as usual.

Some times when I have suitable ships I grind, some times I help them on the way. It depends also on how many other 21 p in the particular tech tree I grind.

My goal is not tohave more than max 2 21p in grind in repsective tech tree. My cash and eliteXP surplus is heavily used on the superships and captains.

I have 40 21 pt Capt's overall but most are on T9/T10 (some as low as T4 but most T9/T10).

34 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Don't be that guy and go there dude. And for the record...

spacer.png

spacer.png

So WG wouldn't notice your kids or grandkids not keeping up with your regular WR or stats?

They send emails every month with stats, surely they would notice. 

Sorry. I'm kind of a rule follower.

37 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Don't be that guy and go there dude.

He has a point; a newbie playing at T8 in co-op has a much better chance of surviving and doing useful things than they do in Randoms.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Thanks 1

I found that supership economy is one of those times where ignorance is bliss, and folly to be wise,

• Like 1

I ALMOST bought one long ago, but the shear cost of running a "Super Ship" puts it into the maybe sometime in the future category for me.  I already have enough port queens!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, thornzero said:

So WG wouldn't notice your kids or grandkids not keeping up with your regular WR or stats?

I don't think WG tracks player stats as a means to see if they have sold the account. I mean my Randoms WR at one point was 41.52% and is now 57.52%. Never had them ask me/check to see if I sold the account. WR's go up and down, players can better themselves, etc...

I follow the rules too believe it or not and I am a pretty ethical person who places a high value on sportsmanship. However, sometimes rules are in place to stop certain things while other similar things are not the target of said rule or worried about. In other words there is a rule's "intent" and not necessarily how it is written. 

No one is hurt by a Grandson taking over their Grampa's acct. WG isn't and you and I aren't. And no, it doesn't mean the Grandson would be a worse player. On the contrary a younger person would probably be better at the game. I honestly don't believe WG would care as long as nothing illegal was involved (actual laws not game rules). Selling accounts is one thing but someone giving away/passing on an account who no longer plays is another. I don't think WG really cares about the later; it is the former they want to stop. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OT2_2 said:

Yes sorry, my bad. Conde.

I tell you what, Condé earned its keep in the Wisconsin dockyard for me, in the cruiser capping directive: the speed to get to a cap before DDs could cap, the weapons to own it once you get there (co-op). Huge time and grind saver there.

• Like 1

I bought all the superships, but solely for the collection. Fundamentally, I don’t understand people who often play them. Their economy is absolutely terrible even in the event of a landslide victory. There really isn’t much to spend silver on anymore, so this is technically just an investment in steel for the New Year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thornzero said:

Frankly, the no account sharing policy seems to be more of a countermeasure against RMT than anything else.

I don't care if someone is playing on someone else's account as long as it isn't to bypass a ban or other punishment, but I agree with your point about a complete beginner in randoms. If you're going to let someone completely new play on your account, at least do it in co op where nothing matters.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I have 40 21 pt Capt's overall but most are on T9/T10 (some as low as T4 but most T9/T10).

I mean on the superships ofc. Otherwise on T10s. Some are on lower tiers (t6 Fuso, NM, Izmail, Fubuki). I am around 80 21 p. But muy goal is to be more precice on T10s at least. It is when I do multiple regrinds or on favourite ships that lower tiers might come. F.e. Helena and Myoko at T7 have 21 while the T8 and 9 is roughly on 14-17 and the T10 at 21 on those lines.

The change from 19-21 have made me rethink my approach. I now try to get more captains to 14 and not so much to 21 apart from T10. The newer lines esp. all the cruiser lines I will not try to get so high apart from T10. It helps that Kelly which I grabbed during that treasure event is on 19 for the Commonwealth line, but the PA, NL, IJN Yodo line and Pan American cruiser lines are a fcking hell to get to 21. It goes so slowly. While not totally boring they are not that fun to grind in vast quantities. Need more Asym battles. First win in coop. But at least I have reached 14-16 atm.

But in the end credits and elite XP will be used at least for parts. USN have the good thing that I gladly play the premiums in ranked.

Edited by Gnirf

16 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Oops...double dipped...doh

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos