Oddball is gone...

Estimated_Prophet

Donald Sutherland has passed away in Miami, Florida, this day; June 20th, 2024.

Two films I remember in an immediate sense were Kelly's Heroes, and the Invasion of the Body Snatchers remake.

Donald Sutherland Wikipedia page.

003.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

A great actor who I enjoyed in many movies. He will be missed.

• Like 1

Was good in Klute, Mash and funny in his cameo in Animal house.

• Like 1

First time I saw him was in The Dirty Dozen.  

RIP

• Like 1

A great actor, can't remember which movie I first saw him, could have been the Dirty Dozen or Kelly's Heroes. The 'oddest' where I saw 'Oddball' is probably on Kate Bush's Cloudbusting video.

I don't buy Orange Juice because of him. May the odds be ever in you favor. 🎲🎲🏹

• Like 1

Oh gosh......  One of my favorite actors.  And, as a retired tanker, Kelly's Heroes simply was one of the worst tank movies ever created...... 

And yet, Oddball was our hero......  

200    The solid anti-hero leading a collection of misfits no one wanted, doing things with Tanks no one ever envisioned.....yep, that was us.

Several generations of American Tankers did everything possible to be:  as irrelevant;  tactically obtuse;   cosmically enlightened;   and,  as anti-socially eccentric as he was in that movie..... 

That picture above is what we wanted to be........tried to be.........became, as best the rule allowed. 

Now, if any  civilian  ever approached Fiddler's Green and wanted in to have a beer with us (many of my friends are gone now....) he's the one non-CAV or Tanker that they'd let in........cause, if the Schwartz didn't recognize the anti-hero he created whom inspired generations of tankers, the Universe just might implode....

Hooah Oddball.   I'll remember you tonight at Litha......

• Like 1

Don't Look Now and Invasion of The Body Snatchers are two of my favourites of his. His face always brings this scene to my brain.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Donald Sutherland has passed away in Miami, Florida, this day; June 20th, 2024.

Two films I remember in an immediate sense were Kelly's Heroes, and the Invasion of the Body Snatchers remake.

Donald Sutherland Wikipedia page.

003.jpg

Yeah, I saw that image via my Girls und Panzer facebook feed.
I hope his next gig is Heavenly.  🙂 

• Like 1