Three Kingdoms exposes Wargamming.

WES_HoundDog

you are thinking from player perspective not from WG perspective.

We older players have all the ships and premiums that we dont even need, so this premium Iowa, nobody will buy from veteran player.

But new player will buy it, since they dont have much premiums or high tier premiums.

I understand WG why they are doing this, veteran players have no need to buy thinga like this

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, palestreamer said:

Perhaps they are trying to build their market in China and Asia. In which case Chinese themed ships is good marketing.

I think it's more along the lines of "Previous efforts in this regard have worked very well, so let's do more of the same". 

It's why I'm sort of baffled that we haven't seen Horatio Nelson in game yet, when naval heroes of other nations from long ago are already there (Michiel deRuyter, Yi Sun Sin). 

• Like 2

On 6/21/2024 at 11:02 AM, WES_HoundDog said:

Experienced players have been saying it for a long time.    They don't care about what we think or want.   So much so to the point that it's said that they really only want new players that could care less about the game but are willing to fork over a bunch of cash before departure.     Seems kind of questionable.   Why wouldn't WG want loyal, long term knowledgeable customers?

Well this Three kingdoms interation exposes why.     

image.thumb.jpeg.b59a2c9982a77bfad86010b0783989d1.jpeg

So they can sell you a tier 9 tech tree ship (Iowa) with a special camo for nearly double what a premium tier 9 ship would go for.   A ship that took almost no work to produce.   They want their player base to be so stupid or naive that they don't even realize the absolute fleece that wargamming is selling to them.

let Newcomers waste there money on this ship its going to be a DUD like the rest of the class !!! its not going to do any better than its historical namesake.

History tells us that Task Force 58 tried to attack Truk harbour in Feb 1944 and they got there BUTTS kicked by IJN one lone Cruiser, in fact one USN BB who's name I wont mention turned tale ran back to Pearl like a Mongrel dog with its tail between its legs. 

How is this Replicant going to be any better against this ship

Spoiler

Katori class cruisers (1939)

Edited by tm63au
  • Like 1
  • Bored 1

11 hours ago, USMC2145 said:

I have seen this in other games. What WG has been doing of late tells me that they are hurting in the money department. This tells me that they are not getting very many new players to spend money on things, and that players who have been here have also cut back. This, in turn, tells me the company is not doing well. WG does not release earnings statements, so we really do not know the condition of the company, but we can take a guess based on what they do. Look how many different forms of currancy they have added over the last couple of years. Almost every patch has a new spend on this and that. The battle pass, early release ships, crates, tokens, etc. Many of the early release ships and premiums are nothing but cut-and-paste with a new paint job. 

This! 🎯

On 6/21/2024 at 3:02 AM, WES_HoundDog said:

So they can sell you a tier 9 tech tree ship (Iowa) with a special camo for nearly double what a premium tier 9 ship would go for.

I have no interest in this event, and I'd never spend real money on some baroque reskin of a premium...but that's a massive pile of economic and combat bonuses you get for "nearly what a premium T9 would go for". And those go on any ship. Plus the excellent combat mission for the one you buy.

Personally, I wouldn't even spend 19k+ dubs on Velos or some other historical T9 premium, but who am I to tell people what to do with their money? As far as the long-standing WoWs price structure is concerned, these bundles are perfectly normal.

So I don't see how this event "exposes" anything. Don't want it? Don't buy it. Just like with 99% of the stuff you see while window-shopping or glancing at ads on the interweb.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2024 at 6:02 PM, WES_HoundDog said:

They want their player base to be so stupid or naive that they don't even realize the absolute fleece that wargamming is selling to them.

Unfortunately, WG is succeeding, it appears 😒.

8 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

Unfortunately, WG is succeeding, it appears 😒.

What did you just say about the WG playerbase?

I believe that constitutes libel.

• Bored 1

1 hour ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I believe that constitutes libel.

Well you would be wrong. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Taylor3006 said:

Well you would be wrong. 

His opinion is irrelevant anyway.

If WG believes it's libel, WG is free to litigate it whenever they want.

ECs opinion on libel of someone else is irrelevant and could be construed as him trying to censor opinions he doesn't like...which, given past history, is not surprising.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, tm63au said:

let Newcomers waste there money on this ship its going to be a DUD like the rest of the class !!! its not going to do any better than its historical namesake.

History tells us that Task Force 58 tried to attack Truk harbour in Feb 1944 and they got there BUTTS kicked by IJN one lone Cruiser, in fact one USN BB who's name I wont mention turned tale ran back to Pearl like a Mongrel dog with its tail between its legs. 

How is this Replicant going to any better against this ship

Hide contents

Katori class cruisers (1939)

@tm63au are you referring to Operation Hailstone?

5 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

It's why I'm sort of baffled that we haven't seen Horatio Nelson in game yet

Agreed. I can see the cash registers 'ringing' frequently as there'd be many players who would want that Cpt (rapidly rushed to 21 pts too) 😁.

3 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

His opinion is irrelevant anyway.

If WG believes it's libel, WG is free to litigate it whenever they want.

ECs opinion on libel of someone else is irrelevant and could be construed as him trying to censor opinions he doesn't like...which, given past history, is not surprising.

True that it is up to Wargaming to decide to go forward, but since they are in Texas, they are subject to Texas law.  Proving libel is quite hard here as it requires malice and of course the biggie, it can not be true. If there is any truth to the statement then it isn't libel. Truth is always a defense. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aethervox said:

Agreed. I can see the cash registers 'ringing' frequently as there'd be many players who would want that Cpt (rapidly rushed to 21 pts too) 😁.

I'd *definitely* be in line if the voice-over included the Blackadder line about Lady Hamilton...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DDG44_Vet said:

@tm63au are you referring to Operation Hailstone?

Yes  IJN Katori STRONK

Edited by tm63au
  • Bored 1

9 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Well you would be wrong. 

It's not WG I'm accusing him of libelling. But even if I were, the tone and the choice of words clearly indicate malice.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu

Is it just me or does there seem to be a lot of "holier than thou" wannabe posers trying to "virtue signal" how wonderful they are for not spending any money while playing this game?
And some of them also want to insult everyone who does spend money?
Is it just me perceiving this sentiment among multiple topics and posts during the past week or so?  

The usual business practice is to offer a product and/or service that people will want to pay for, in order to make a profit.
By itself, that's not wrong.

Want to be Free-to-Play?  Fine by me.
Want to share tips and tricks on how to be Free-to-Play successfully?  Again, fine by me.

I feel we should all be encouraging each other how to play the game well and share our wisdom for doing so, regardless of how much or little money we spend.
I feel that there should not be any behavior that resembles "class warfare" among players about whether or not they're a free-to-play or a "whale" or anything in-between.
Life is short enough already.
Perhaps some people need to lighten-up and learn to chill-out?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Is it just me or does there seem to be a lot of "holier than thou" wannabe posers trying to "virtue signal" how wonderful they are for not spending any money while playing this game?
And some of them also want to insult everyone who does spend money?
Is it just me perceiving this sentiment among multiple topics and posts during the past week or so?  

It's just you.

Worrying about negative hype is a bad way for companies to make positive changes.

There is absolutely no reason non-company staff should ever be concerned about the existence of negative hype.

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark

Absolute nothingburger of a thread

Nothing about this is new in any way, shape, or form. Izumo, Alsace, Charles Martel, and others already got the pan asian clone treatment in previous years. 

People will find any reason to fearmonger I guess.

• Like 3

On 6/22/2024 at 8:21 PM, Ensign Cthulhu said:

It's not WG I'm accusing him of libelling. But even if I were, the tone and the choice of words clearly indicate malice.

Well you run with that pookie. 

• Haha 2

On 6/22/2024 at 8:42 PM, tm63au said:

Yes  IJN Katori STRONK

Katori sinking by the stern following fatal damage from Iowa's main guns.

IMG_0323.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DDG44_Vet said:

Katori sinking by the stern following fatal damage from Iowa's main guns.

IMG_0323.jpeg

LIES LIES LIES by USN propaganda 😁

Edited by tm63au
  • Bored 1

10 hours ago, tm63au said:

LIES LIES LIES by USN propaganda 😁

Eff-king matchmaker!!! Put a T3 in a battle up against a T9!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

Eff-king matchmaker!!! Put a T3 in a battle up against a T9!!

"Fail-Div"?  😉