Low Tier Italian DD's are fun and enjoyable experience!

Schnitchelkid01_

I got the Regalo a few months ago after enjoying the Italian DD line especially the low Tier Italian DD's. I find the sap to be the key to winning the cap contesting battles and you can influence the outcome of games just be killing that enemy DD. I know the Italian DD's get lots of bad press especially the low tier DD's but I think that they are quite fun. Sure they have a bad range but they are the best when it comes to brawling it out to contest a cap.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Schnitchelkid01_ said:

I got the Regalo a few months ago after enjoying the Italian DD line especially the low Tier Italian DD's. I find the sap to be the key to winning the cap contesting battles and you can influence the outcome of games just be killing that enemy DD. I know the Italian DD's get lots of bad press especially the low tier DD's but I think that they are quite fun. Sure they have a bad range but they are the best when it comes to brawling it out to contest a cap.

Low tier Italians are awesome and one of the most fun playstyles in the game, shame it all goes down the drain on Adriatico...

• Haha 1

The low tier Italian DDs are absolutely busted if you have a brain and can shoot, especially with most games having so many bots. The range is definitely low, but lot tier maps are also much smaller, plus you’re so fast. And your SAP will absolutely chew up anything smaller than a battleship, then you just speed past battleships and poke them with your torps as you outrun their turrets.

You don’t have to worry about a destroyer outgunning you, and as long as you don’t get torped you’ll probably be fine. The only thing is you need a much higher captain level than pretty much any other low tier destroyer, at minimum 10 points and ideally 14.

The higher tiers are actually less good tier for tier. They’re not bad, they’re just more difficult to play and you don’t do well against long range secondaries and radar or real gunboats. If the lower tiers were “normal” then I’d say the power increases slightly as you go up the tiers, but those low tier DDs are monsters. 

• Like 1