What is the ugliest, tackiest, most vomit-inducing camo in the game?

desmo_2

That's a tough one.  There are so many solid candidates.

One candidate would have to be this "USS Lobsterminator" (real name) camo for NM.  Bonus tacky points because when equipped, it leaves the same red lobster prints on the water in its wake that looks like some kind of bloody chum trail...

shot-24.06.20_06.27.46-0919.jpg

shot-24.06.20_06.40.33-0790.jpg

Edited by desmo_2
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

I personally never liked the camo on French ships (the ones that makes looks like the ship is broken in two ). Be it a perma camo or the Ocean Soul (?) one.

Heh. My standard answer used to be that winter one from a few years ago, which looks like someone has had a spectacularly bad case of gastro-intestinal distress all over the ship.

That said, the lobster thing really is pretty appalling - it could easily be even worse...

Cleveland Psychodelic Pinata camo is my pick. It looks like Clown car on drugs....

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube

I give you the Gothic Camo for the Bismarck... with the Battle Pigeon on the bow, lol. Found this camo tacky to be honest, but do like the unique horn that comes with it. Pipe organ.

shot-24_06_20_08_20.50-0875.thumb.jpg.1dcae00612572b2dfdc3f79b5152a167.jpgshot-24_06.20_08_21.20-0512.thumb.jpg.91f9a5eafd317dfce2cb3a437f05b9c1.jpg

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Colonel Potter said:

unique horn

Cue: Derek & Clive quotes...?

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Bonus tacky points because when equipped, it leaves the same red lobster prints on the water in its wake that looks like some kind of bloody chum trail...

Cool! I never noticed that before. 

There are strong contenders, but some of the halloween ones are quite the eyesore.

shot-24_06.20_14_14.08-0010.thumb.jpg.94df07659151e34a2796248f1aae4bb3.jpg

shot-24_06.20_14_18.29-0205.thumb.jpg.50bf82832d7a037e0c5adc82adf3c491.jpg

Luckily the scorpion on the Yamato is gone during gameplay.

I wanted to like the Japanese Castle, but the statue that replaces the pagoda is too tacky for me. A shame, I liked the colours and texture.

shot-24_06.20_14_15.37-0135.thumb.jpg.93a2671b7577bddcd3268243b370b6a0.jpg

I'm using a historical camo mod anyway, so most ships are a variation of solid grey with white markings...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

That's a tough one.  There are so many solid candidates.

One candidate would have to be this "USS Lobsterminator" (real name) camo for NM.  Bonus tacky points because when equipped, it leaves the same red lobster prints on the water in its wake that looks like some kind of bloody chum trail...

shot-24.06.20_06.27.46-0919.jpg

shot-24.06.20_06.40.33-0790.jpg

When I read the title of this topic, the "Lobster" camo was the first one on my mind.
So, I agree with you.

I hadn't noticed the chum in the wake, before you pointed it out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Verblonde said:

Heh. My standard answer used to be that winter one from a few years ago, which looks like someone has had a spectacularly bad case of gastro-intestinal distress all over the ship.

That said, the lobster thing really is pretty appalling - it could easily be even worse...

The one with a bunch of stars and other garbage and it's very low quality? One you'd put on ships anyway because back in the day you had to use it for the permanent eco boost? That's my #1 pick. 

The monstermode akizuki camo and space republique camo also go to my hatelist because of the sound effects. Republique has one of the most satisfying gun sounds, why not replace it with some PHEW spacesound. 

Here are mine. I can live with the Pinata cammo, but the others, the Devs have got to stop eating the gummies.

missions-121-weekly-2_1920x1080.jpeg

missions-0119-weekly-3_1920x1080.jpeg

6df3509a-eb7d-11ee-a89e-b49691e6ead0.jpg

70eaedde-f28b-11ee-85dd-b49691e6ead0.jpg

missions-0118_1920x1080.jpeg

• Like 3

There was one that looked like a cross between Gilligan's Island and a huge boa.  Must've been for one of the Pan-Am ships.   Wish I could find a pic of it.

5 minutes ago, Slammer58 said:

There was one that looked like a cross between Gilligan's Island and a huge boa.  Must've been for one of the Pan-Am ships.   Wish I could find a pic of it.

VI Juruá Doubloons
20210225150823!Juru%C3%A1_wows_main.jpg 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

33 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

The one with a bunch of stars and other garbage and it's very low quality?

After a bit of a Google, I think it may have been called Frosty Fir Tree. Distressingly, it's been rather surpassed in the ghastliness stakes several times since...

@Tpaktop2_1 NA reminds me: those waterworld cammos were about the only things I ever told the game to filter out...!

37 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

VI Juruá Doubloons
20210225150823!Juru%C3%A1_wows_main.jpg 

Yup, thats the one.  Thx Wolfswetpaws.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

The one with a bunch of stars and other garbage and it's very low quality? One you'd put on ships anyway because back in the day you had to use it for the permanent eco boost? That's my #1 pick. 

The monstermode akizuki camo and space republique camo also go to my hatelist because of the sound effects. Republique has one of the most satisfying gun sounds, why not replace it with some PHEW spacesound. 

17 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

After a bit of a Google, I think it may have been called Frosty Fir Tree. Distressingly, it's been rather surpassed in the ghastliness stakes several times since...

@Tpaktop2_1 NA reminds me: those waterworld cammos were about the only things I ever told the game to filter out...!

Might you be talking about the New Year's camo?

https://wows-blog-storage.gcdn.co/media/1000/phpLiiLoF

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Slammer58 said:

Yup, thats the one.  Thx Wolfswetpaws.

1w2haf.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=fc931d472f47c8 

Kinda like the Gothic one, actually.

2 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Might you be talking about the New Year's camo?

That New Year's cammo is pretty ghastly, but Frosty Fir Tree was the 'gastric distress' one (that has since been superseded in terms of ghastliness)...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

That New Year's cammo is pretty ghastly, but Frosty Fir Tree was the 'gastric distress' one (that has since been superseded in terms of ghastliness)...

Ghastlier than the original New Year camo? I mean the one with the lights all over the place.... gotta have been the stupidest camo idea ever that made the ship look like a floating carnival ride.

I'm not sure I should comment, considering I love tacky camos.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Ghastlier than the original New Year camo? I mean the one with the lights all over the place.... gotta have been the stupidest camo idea ever that made the ship look like a floating carnival ride.

Happy New Year ...

Happy New Year.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Now if only those skins came with a concealment hit such that you'd see them being used all the time by the people using lighthouse builds. 🤣 Because after all with that much lighting being added you'd be seeing them from a long ways away.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

My answer depends a bit on when you're asking: around Christmas, I tend to feel less ill-disposed towards ridiculous 'festive' cammo (I even ran the one on the 'special' T10 RN cruiser, whatever she's called, for a bit), whereas I get a bit grumpier about such things when it's thirty-something outside...!

So, today, the New Year one is more ghastly, but by around - say - the middle of December it'll probably be less ghastly...

Edited by Verblonde
  • Like 2

The Pioneer Camo is really ugly....

Screenshot(168).thumb.png.19249c7e69cc95b906d03b483c35ccdd.png

• Like 1