It finally happened. I knew it would.

AdmiralThunder

16 minutes ago, Asym said:

In COOP, if I am on and you intend to "defeat the onerous"  -  I am all in.  

And, there are two maps where the BOT Carriers always escape to the same places.....  I don't remember their names;  but, a Sub running at max could reach those destinations if they could be submerged and pass under the enemy at those caps........  It would be close;  but,  if your div simply runs from the enemy at that cap and they chase.......it might work.  I'll see if I have a picture of that map somewhere.

image.png.c7ae1488bf8b40c69dbe5352ac4f7cb4.png

Hot Spot.

The Carrier usually is behind that Island.

Edited by Asym

6 minutes ago, Asym said:

image.png.c7ae1488bf8b40c69dbe5352ac4f7cb4.png

Hot Spot.

The Carrier usually is behind that Island.

I'm logged-in and in Port, at the moment.

1 hour ago, Verblonde said:

I was wondering about that briefly. It *must* be ribbons from hitting somebody else with depth charges, surely...?

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I interpret the phrasing to mean that a player must score 5 "hits with depth-charges" ribbons upon valid targets while sailing qualifying ships.
Can be done in one game or spread-out over multiple games, as I understand it.

The phrasing is odd because 'hit by' means you get hit but since that isn't the case what you are saying must be correct but... it still doesn't explain why they don't count like @desmo_2 was saying.

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

still doesn't explain why they don't count

That - most likely - is just a visit from he-who-were-he-French might be named Monsieur le Coq-Eurp...?

(Oblique Blackadder reference for any unfortunate Americans in the vicinity.)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I was sailing my X Gato Doubloons, last night, in an attempt to complete the "Sink a CV with a Submarine" mission.

By the way, could you show me where the "battery consumable" is located on a X Gato Doubloons?

My efforts have yet to be successful. 
But, I had a few decent games and some fun and even earned a few compliments.
So, I plan to keep trying for a while, just for personal whimsy.

For the curious, I tried both Co-op and random matches.  My luck with CV's spawning in either mode was approximately 45% of all matches.
So, the "hurdles" seem to be "the chance of a CV in a match" and "getting to the CV before my teammates can sink it".
I don't begrudge my teammates securing the sinking for the team.  So, I figure this will be a pleasant experiment.

If anyone wants to help my efforts on the NA server, could you play your CV's, please?  🙂 

I might confuse the consumables of the Gato and the 2501 which is my most played T10 Subs. But nevertheless, you almost always spawn on either flank in a sub, so i go straight for B cap, this bypass the enemy sub and a possibility for a Armory-module-quick reloading sub radar, and usually there is no DD venturing into B cap at start if they not suicidal, so mostly you can go on surface to when youre detect is half the cap circle in B, then u pop the hydro to see any ships within 7-8-9 km, then you submerge and just go deep underneath their entire team until youre in the backline. 
During this Nemo venture you have been looking at the minimap and see what direction any CV planes are coming from and then you know where he is so you just head that direction. About 99% of CV captains will find a nice place to park because they dont want to bother with buggy Autopilot when they can just park somewhere behind island or 10-line. 

Then you surface 13-12 km out and spot him, aim and launch your 6 nukes and the re-submerge, you do this because if the CV just gets spotted a couple of seconds he will probably just think it was a plane or something and he will sit still. Keeping him perma-lit for youre team while youre fish is in the water will result in a surface ship taking a pot shot or him getting angsty and start moving.

So then 6 Nukes hit and hes dead.

6 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

And, close range from a sub is no longer effective.  I have to be at least 3 km away from the target or my torpedoes are effectively worthless and do very little damage.  Using homing torpedoes against a CV is also complicated, because a CV will automatically DC the ping, has a long duration before it can be re-pinged, and the auto-DC will be cooled down fairly quickly.

When I say close range in a 16 km range Gato I dont mean within 3 km. You will get spotted at 2.1 km even at periscope and if you that close any of his planes launched will spot u. When I say close range in a Gato im talking more like 5-6 km where the Nukes still are quite potent.

When it comes to Homing torps with 2501 Vs a CV, you send out a harass ping when you breach youre 14 km range, then you see his auto DCP pop and he is out of range to use his Aimbot/headshot ASWs. then you just hunt him until the "Pings will get cleared" goes away and start stacking the torps, he will send planes to try and spot you but you see the coming a mile away and then you go to 30 km and LO Lwhile they circle above you and then when they more than 2.1 km away you can surface and just continue to harrass.

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube

5 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

I might confuse the consumables of the Gato and the 2501 which is my most played T10 Subs. But nevertheless, you almost always spawn on either flank in a sub, so i go straight for B cap, this bypass the enemy sub and a possibility for a Armory-module-quick reloading sub radar, and usually there is no DD venturing into B cap at start if they not suicidal, so mostly you can go on surface to when youre detect is half the cap circle in B, then u pop the hydro to see any ships within 7-8-9 km, then you submerge and just go deep underneath their entire team until youre in the backline. 
During this Nemo venture you have been looking at the minimap and see what direction any CV planes are coming from and then you know where he is so you just head that direction. About 99% of CV captains will find a nice place to park because they dont want to bother with buggy Autopilot when they can just park somewhere behind island or 10-line. 

Then you surface 13-12 km out and spot him, aim and launch your 6 nukes and the re-submerge, you do this because if the CV just gets spotted a couple of seconds he will probably just think it was a plane or something and he will sit still. Keeping him perma-lit for youre team while youre fish is in the water will result in a surface ship taking a pot shot or him getting angsty and start moving.

So then 6 Nukes hit and hes dead.

Nice plan, but ....

The Gato doesn't have the speed and dive-capacity to make it work as well as one of the faster German Tier-10 Submarines.
While the Gato's dive-capacity is decent, she's operating at reduced speeds while underwater (compared with German Tier-10 Submarines which operate faster underwater than when on the surface).

The other problem is that the mission to sink 1 CV while sailing a Submarine is restricted to US Navy and Japanese Submarines.

I'm treating it as a "challenge accepted" personal endeavor.  But, so far the "prize" has eluded my grasp.

1 minute ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Nice plan, but ....

The Gato doesn't have the speed and dive-capacity to make it work as well as one of the faster German Tier-10 Submarines.
While the Gato's dive-capacity is decent, she's operating at reduced speeds while underwater (compared with German Tier-10 Submarines which operate faster underwater than when on the surface).

The other problem is that the mission to sink 1 CV while sailing a Submarine is restricted to US Navy and Japanese Submarines.

I'm treating it as a "challenge accepted" personal endeavor.  But, so far the "prize" has eluded my grasp.

I know 2501 has better capacity and battery consumable which makes it easier but im pretty sure you can go 1/3 of the map under water in a Gato as well.

Just now, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

I know 2501 has better capacity and battery consumable which makes it easier but im pretty sure you can go 1/3 of the map under water in a Gato as well.

Approximately 430 units of "dive time" at 16+ knots.  🤔

37 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

My first attempt wit the T8 US SUb just 2 min ago. I landed 2 torps into the CV from 4 km range, unfortunately not enough to kill him and I had 1/3 of their team and their sub chasing me ..... also 3 glasses of wine..

image.thumb.jpeg.c097ad9048b9133921b6d1b9fdaca9aa.jpeg

Look at my death position and the position of their CV, also enemy Sub. If this was Gato that CV would be dead.

image.thumb.jpeg.3df2c0527bc602d1902f5376a7efcb48.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b6b4e297a4f7a57aa7f930ab56c79e39.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0276eded8f3ad9d8525674fb5f59b606.jpeg

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube

2 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

My first attempt wit the T8 US SUb just 2 min ago. I landed 2 torps into the CV from 4 km range, unfortunately not enough to kill him and I had 1/3 of their team and their sub chasing me ..... also 3 glasses of wine..

image.thumb.jpeg.c097ad9048b9133921b6d1b9fdaca9aa.jpeg

Look at my death position and the position of their CV, also enemy Sub. If this was Gato that CV would be dead.

Nice.  🙂 

2 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Well, it took me a lot of attempts using various qualifying Submarines, but I finally sank a CV while sailing my  I-56 in a Co-op battle.
Kudos to my team-mates for giving me a clean opportunity.  🙂 

shot-24_06.19_18_02.09-0963.thumb.jpg.24375cd610b2e71f8b70a58dbce8b8ac.jpg 

image_2024-06-19_180710745.png.b06dfa86ecc414307c05858c42bf313c.png 

• Like 3

These are the type of missions where I say "Nope - they can kiss my a__"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

But if that is the case, why did none of these count?

shot-24.06.19_09.25.16-0298.jpg

One of my div mates got 4 splash damages & assumed it was because you needed a direct hit...so I was gonna suggest that may have been the reason but then I zoomed in on your screenshot (on phone so couldn't make it out before I zoomed) & see you actually got 3 direct hits...so guess I'll let him know that's not the reason after all...

& Yeah...got me???

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

8 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

One of my div mates got 4 splash damages & assumed it was because you needed a direct hit...so I was gonna suggest that may have been the reason but then I zoomed in on your screenshot (on phone so couldn't make it out before I zoomed) & see you actually got 3 direct hits...so guess I'll let him know that's not the reason after all...

& Yeah...got me???

Might be bugged. People on reddit reporting no credit towards it despite getting what appears to be required.

19 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Gato travels at maximum speed while at periscope depth which is more than sufficient for 90% of the journey. Might give it a try myself later. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Unlooky said:

Gato travels at maximum speed while at periscope depth which is more than sufficient for 90% of the journey. Might give it a try myself later. 

I'll be curious to read about your adventures.

Watching the EU English stream. Apparently the non-submarine mission was bugged, and has been changed to floods and fires.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

15 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Might be bugged. People on reddit reporting no credit towards it despite getting what appears to be required.

It was bugged, and it’s been changed to 40 fires or floods instead of 5 depth charge ribbons. 

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

It was bugged, and it’s been changed to 40 fires or floods instead of 5 depth charge ribbons. 

I saw that. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

On 6/18/2024 at 6:20 PM, AdmiralThunder said:

WG has finally made a Sub only mission. I don't mean for Naval Battles, Personal Challenges, or Dockyards. Those are not common missions like this.

spacer.png

I knew at some point they would drop a Subs only on us. I am just surprised it took this long. And while there is an -OR- option to go to Randoms the main mission (all modes) is Sub only.

Let me be clear here WG about you trying to make people play that accursed ship class...

Η ντροπή της Trap - Σελίδα 18 - Phorum.com.gr

Even if the reward was something good it would still be NO...NEIN...NYET...няма...NE...NEE...INGEN...NON...όχι...NEM...NEI...NR...EZ...BR...INNO...EI...NIL...LE...NAO...NU...CHAN EIL...č...

št...NEJ...юк...NAC OES...ניין

And that is just some European and North American No's. Don't make me drag out Asian and Arabic.  🤬

Thank you for this post, AT.

I guess WG decided with their magical bovine byproducts of mysteriously no longer shoving bot subs down our throats in Co-op, that this mission was impossible; because it's been changed.

No wonder I was suddenly able to hit a sub; they stopped not putting them in unless a player brought one.

Mission change on 06-20-24.JPG

bleagh... Ninja'd, but whatever.

Bugged? For Co-op at least; I would have said what I did above; that WG deliberately adjusted spawn parameters so no subs would spawn in Co-op, unless a player brought one.

Can't make the mission too easy, doncha know.

(edit)

la, la, la... also finally realized it's Randoms/Ranked on

Whadevs, WG.

(edit 2)

Tries to use sub.

Yeah WG; you cheat so damn much with your 'bot fairness,' what the hell is even the point of this mission?

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
added line.