It finally happened. I knew it would.

AdmiralThunder

WG has finally made a Sub only mission. I don't mean for Naval Battles, Personal Challenges, or Dockyards. Those are not common missions like this.

spacer.png

I knew at some point they would drop a Subs only on us. I am just surprised it took this long. And while there is an -OR- option to go to Randoms the main mission (all modes) is Sub only.

Let me be clear here WG about you trying to make people play that accursed ship class...

Η ντροπή της Trap - Σελίδα 18 - Phorum.com.gr

Even if the reward was something good it would still be NO...NEIN...NYET...няма...NE...NEE...INGEN...NON...όχι...NEM...NEI...NR...EZ...BR...INNO...EI...NIL...LE...NAO...NU...CHAN EIL...č...

št...NEJ...юк...NAC OES...ניין

And that is just some European and North American No's. Don't make me drag out Asian and Arabic.  🤬

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

I like "Destroy 1 carrier"- how often would a sub survive long enough in most matches to get close enough to kill a carrier  before someone else gets the kill ?

It can be done i guess but it must be pretty rare.

TO DREAM THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM--

Edited by Chysagon
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I knew at some point they would drop a Subs only on us. I am just surprised it took this long. And while there is an -OR- option to go to Randoms the main mission (all modes) is Sub only.

Bro, the chances of Sinking a CV in Coop as a Sub are nill anyway, you can organize some dudes and drop the Sub Op and get your carrier kill in PvE ez... also this is a mission based on an historical battle where CVs were sunk by Subs, if there ever was to be one such missions this is it. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Bro, the chances of Sinking a CV in Coop as a Sub are nill anyway, you can organize some dudes and drop the Sub Op and get your carrier kill in PvE ez... also this is a mission based on an historical battle where CVs were sunk by Subs, if there ever was to be one such missions this is it. 

Sorry, Bro, but I won't touch that class for any reason.

I was simply pointing out WG finally did a Sub only mission. As I said earlier I am surprised it took them this long doing so and trying to force people to play them.

They could have just done the -OR- part for all modes and skipped the sink CV in a Sub one.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

And while there is an -OR- option to go to Randoms the main mission (all modes) is Sub only.

Does the AI play submarines now? Even if the depth charge missions were PvE, could you actually complete them?

Five depth charge hits is also extremely free. This seems to be more of a historically themed mission (Kill a CV as a sub) than anything else. What's the issue? 

If you don't want to play submarines in PvE that's fine, but the issue with submarines is their extremely toxic interaction against players. Not really an issue when the bots don't notice the difference when they're sunk by a spread of torpedoes from a Sub or DD

Edited by Unlooky

3 minutes ago, Unlooky said:

Does the AI play submarines now? Even if the depth charge missions were PvE, could you actually complete them?

The chance of a 'Bot submarine appearing in a Co-op match is similar to the chance of a CV appearing in a Co-op match.
You could play in a division, and ensure that one of your division played the ship that needs to be sunk by the other player in the division?

Why do I not have this mission? How does one get it?

Never mind, found it.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

And while there is an -OR- option to go to Randoms the main mission (all modes) is Sub only.

You, Thunder, have played enough PVP that you should have no trouble getting this done. Find a sub player to div up with, take the fastest ship with the longest-range air ASW you have in your port, and get it done.

• Haha 1

Ofc, it would happen. Since when has Wedgie not sunk to the next level of depravity? 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Chysagon said:

I like "Destroy 1 carrier"- how often would a sub survive long enough in most matches to get close enough to kill a carrier  before someone else gets the kill ?

It can be done i guess but it must be pretty rare.

TO DREAM THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM--

It is quite easy if you have the Gato. Just use battery consumable to go deep under the entire map to their spawn. Usually there are some certain places a CV will park, then just blast him from close range.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

This is why almost all missions in game are various shades of boring beige wallpaper-paste. The second WG dare to make the requirements even slightly non-standard, the complaints start rolling in.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I like how they listed Operations, yet they haven't brought back Wolfpack.  You can have a friend bring a CV in Co-Op, but ell if you can get her before someone else does.  Trying to charge through bots isn't....the best of idea's.  It's possible, but not likely to end well.  Either way, good luck doing it.

• Like 2

I don't really mind 'sub only' missions in principle; it's not like we haven't had class-specific stuff in the past for other classes.

I have a few submarines in port, but this mission isn't nearly interesting enough to encourage me to dust them off. Sink a CV in Coop (I don't play Randoms any more)? C'mon...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

*looks at the topic*

*remembers all the single-shiptype restricted missions he had to do in the past, such as the recent Wisconsin shipyard*

*shrugs and moves on to watch the exploding fireworks factory with the odd policeman in front of it*

• Haha 2
  • Bored 1

3 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

It is quite easy if you have the Gato. Just use battery consumable to go deep under the entire map to their spawn. Usually there are some certain places a CV will park, then just blast him from close range.

I was sailing my X Gato Doubloons, last night, in an attempt to complete the "Sink a CV with a Submarine" mission.

By the way, could you show me where the "battery consumable" is located on a X Gato Doubloons?

My efforts have yet to be successful. 
But, I had a few decent games and some fun and even earned a few compliments.
So, I plan to keep trying for a while, just for personal whimsy.

For the curious, I tried both Co-op and random matches.  My luck with CV's spawning in either mode was approximately 45% of all matches.
So, the "hurdles" seem to be "the chance of a CV in a match" and "getting to the CV before my teammates can sink it".
I don't begrudge my teammates securing the sinking for the team.  So, I figure this will be a pleasant experiment.

If anyone wants to help my efforts on the NA server, could you play your CV's, please?  🙂 

3 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

And, close range from a sub is no longer effective.  I have to be at least 3 km away from the target or my torpedoes are effectively worthless and do very little damage.  Using homing torpedoes against a CV is also complicated, because a CV will automatically DC the ping, has a long duration before it can be re-pinged, and the auto-DC will be cooled down fairly quickly.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

And, close range from a sub is no longer effective.  I have to be at least 3 km away from the target or my torpedoes are effectively worthless and do very little damage.  Using homing torpedoes against a CV is also complicated, because a CV will automatically DC the ping, has a long duration before it can be re-pinged, and the auto-DC will be cooled down fairly quickly.

Thanks_WorldofWarships_trophy-icon_03-23-2022_.jpg.8ecebac601286f813d7e15f6e8eed784.jpgDrinkingWolfKampai_facebooksticker_saved_08-10-2022_.jpg.007f6ce15852a9a2830663ecef6a7ad5.jpg  

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I was sailing my X Gato Doubloons, last night, in an attempt to complete the "Sink a CV with a Submarine" mission.
If anyone wants to help my efforts on the NA server, could you play your CV's, please?  🙂 

That's why you should division with those whom will support this quest......  Find a few Sancho Panza's,  Don Quixote.

OR, as our many of our entrepreneurial non-NA server players are trying to figure out, how to sync-drop an entire COOP match so one player and one player only gets to sink the Carrier.....

Listen to "to each his Dulcinea" from the musical and replace "Rascally-CV" with "Dunclinea" - enjoy....

The -OR- mission option is confusing.

"Get 5 hit by depth charge ribbons".  Completion criteria:  Random or Ranked, US or Japanese cruiser, battleship, destroyer, or carrier, tier 5-10+.  There is no mention of all 5 having to be in the same game.

What is a "hit by depth charge" ribbon?  And how would I get one in a surface ship?  I assume they mean "depth charge target hit" ribbons.

But if that is the case, why did none of these count?

shot-24.06.19_09.25.16-0298.jpg

Edited by desmo_2

10 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

"Get 5 hit by depth charge ribbons".  Completion criteria:  Random or Ranked, US or Japanese cruiser, battleship, destroyer, or carrier, tier 5-10+.

What is a "hit by depth charge" ribbon?  And how would I get one in a surface ship?  I assume they mean "depth charge target hit" ribbons.

"Hit by"?

9 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

"Get 5 hit by depth charge ribbons".  Completion criteria:  Random or Ranked, US or Japanese cruiser, battleship, destroyer, or carrier, tier 5-10+.

I was wondering about that briefly. It *must* be ribbons from hitting somebody else with depth charges, surely...?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

"Get 5 hit by depth charge ribbons".  Completion criteria:  Random or Ranked, US or Japanese cruiser, battleship, destroyer, or carrier, tier 5-10+.  There is no mention of all 5 having to be in the same game.

I interpret the phrasing to mean that a player must score 5 "hits with depth-charges" ribbons upon valid targets while sailing qualifying ships.
Can be done in one game or spread-out over multiple games, as I understand it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Asym said:

That's why you should division with those whom will support this quest......  Find a few Sancho Panza's,  Don Quixote.

OR, as our many of our entrepreneurial non-NA server players are trying to figure out, how to sync-drop an entire COOP match so one player and one player only gets to sink the Carrier.....

Listen to "to each his Dulcinea" from the musical and replace "Rascally-CV" with "Dunclinea" - enjoy....

Are you volunteering?  🙂 

11 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Are you volunteering?  🙂 

In COOP, if I am on and you intend to "defeat the onerous"  -  I am all in.  

And, there are two maps where the BOT Carriers always escape to the sale places.....  I don't remember their names;  but, a Sub running at max could reach those destinations if they could be submerged and pass under the enemy at those caps........  It would be close;  but,  if your div simply runs from the enemy at that cap and they chase.......it might work.  I'll see if I have a picture of that map somewhere.

• Like 1