WOWS UEFA Euro Thread

Tricericon

I know almost nothing about Soccer, less about the teams involved. I've taken my best guesses, and we shall see how it falls out.

• Like 3

On 6/19/2024 at 5:59 AM, Gaelic_knight said:

oh i thought he was quoting an old TV series , the prisoner 

I got the reference...

"Information...we need information"...

..."I AM NOT A NUMBER...I AM A FREE MAN!!!"

UP THE IRONS!!!

(Iron Maiden used the shows intro as an intro to 1 of their songs).

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Like 2

On 6/19/2024 at 5:46 AM, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Oh, it might have been you saying "I am a citizen, not a subject", without really thinking about the degree to which your statement denigrates people in Commonwealth countries.

Lol...where did you get the idea he didn't think about that...

Sounds like that is exactly what he was thinking about...at least it's what I would have been thinking about if I had said it...

"The Tudors" is a show that should have been cancelled many many generations ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

& We Have A Winner!!!

italy should win  but after there last match  i dunno 

germany should win easily , england debatable  but should pull it off portugal  hasnt impressed me this euro  , renaldo is getting out of date . and spain should do fine 

1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Guys, keep politics, religion and football out of this thread if you please.

and the referee has blowen his whistle .RED CARD HANDED OUT

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

wow a second shock euro match holders italy out to swiss 2-0  

Yeah, didn't see that coming to be honest.

• Like 1

Knowing the italian fans, they will not get a warm welcome back home and will probably have to take back roads from the airport.

• Like 1

oh  im sure they will get a lot of flack for the crap they have played in the euros . so will portugal  , they have been crap also 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wowzery said:

I have no idea who is good or bad, and with my luck I'll get them all wrong.

i wouldnt worry about it  . the big name teams are being picked of by the smaller coutries so far 

3 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

watching the england V slokak game  29mins in england down 0-1  couldnt this become a 3rd upset  

What was the first upset?  The only one I see is the Swiss beating Italy...  But I'm only looking at the odds and the round of 16 from the WG chart on Armory -> Beautiful Game

Thanks... this is a fun and free promotion series and I'm following something I wouldn't have known about since it's not Wrexham and not American 🙂 

37 minutes ago, Arcus_Aesopi said:

What was the first upset?  The only one I see is the Swiss beating Italy...  But I'm only looking at the odds and the round of 16 from the WG chart on Armory -> Beautiful Game

Thanks... this is a fun and free promotion series and I'm following something I wouldn't have known about since it's not Wrexham and not American 🙂 

georgia beating portugal  at the group stage 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

georgia beating portugal  at the group stage 

Kek. 

Btw, can someone explain why Georgia plays the Euro?  Makes no geographical sense.

3 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Kek. 

Btw, can someone explain why Georgia plays the Euro?  Makes no geographical sense.

theres a small country called Georgia 

georgia-map-europe-the-georgia-sdsu-program-is-located-in-tbilisi-the-nation-s-capital-of-georgia-map-europe.gif

Edited by Gaelic_knight

21 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Kek. 

It’s a country that straddles the Caucasus mountains, which is considered by many to be part of the border between Europe and Asia (although opinions vary widely on where exactly Europe ends and Asia begins). Turkey is also a participant despite the majority of its territory being unambiguously located in west Asia. For Georgians I suspect the distinction is primarily cultural rather than geographical.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

For Georgians I suspect the distinction is primarily cultural rather than geographical.

So Armenia is also Europe? 

I always considered the Caucasus as Asia. For ancient Greeks and Romans it was Asia. 

greece and italy are european   also considered as mediteriainan