Lesta is goin' PaytoWin

Andrewbassg

34 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Favorite delusion of pilots...

The pilot matters, but so does the equipment...

😄

Favorite delusion of the disadvantaged is that they cannot win, no matter how slight the disadvantage, and it's the fault of their weapons.  Too many people are losing their minds over very minor modifications to ship performance that are not significant, and acting like it makes any real difference in the outcome of their encounter.  This is the same misunderstanding that lets soldiers with knives take down those who believe their rifles make them unbeatable.

I will take on any player with a 21 point commander with all the flags they want to fly in a commanderless ship flying no flags and I will feel no real difference in my chance to beat them.  That will come down to my decisions, their decisions, and how well we use the ships we have chosen as our weapons.  

Players who feel different are welcome to do so.  It just gives me an advantage I could never get any other way in beating them.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Favorite delusion of pilots...

😄

There were modern monoplane German fighter-planes shot down by Biplanes flown by the Polish, if I recall my World War Two history correctly.

Editing to add:
(While British instead of Polish, here's a story about "Faith, Hope and Charity")
https://www.nationalww2museum.org/war/articles/british-biplanes-faith-hope-charity-1940

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

You ARE aware that the majority of RAF kills in the Battle of Britain were made by Hurricanes, aren't you?

• Like 1

The point is both the captain and the equipment matter.

Focusing on only one or the other as the sole determinant of success is foolish oversimplification.

59 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

I will take on any player with a 21 point commander with all the flags they want to fly in a commanderless ship flying no flags and I will feel no real difference in my chance to beat them.

This is sort of interesting. You should do best out of 3 matches. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, thornzero said:

This is sort of interesting. You should do best out of 3 matches. 

Depends on who I'm up against.  I don't hold any illusions about beating Unicum players ( though I'll give them a good fight and may win through if their Unicum status is only a stat ), while i'm confident in winning most of my matches against an opponent not as equipped mentally to fight as I ( understanding again that an advantaged fighter can still lose ).  Luck is also a major factor in combat.

But flags and commanders?  Those I don't worry about.  I worry much more about knowing myself and my ship.

• Like 2

Wows stream confirms Wows is not going to follow suit with Lesta on the combat signal changes. So its a dead issue now. They emphasize the different companies are doing different things.

• Like 2

as someone who left world of tanks because of gold rounds i can understand the worries about this but i think people are drowning in a glass of water.

Gold rounds broke everything becouse the performance boost was well over 30%. The power gap between special and elite flags in the other hand is marginal and will have little to no impact outside the most competitive scenes

the part that they can be obtained throw events screams loot boxes but they can also be obtained throw crates and achievements so i will let that slip. as i said before this are not te kind of signals one would spam in randoms.

with the sheer level of BS RNG that this game has that tiny boost won't even be noticeable.   

Edited by pepe_trueno
  • Like 2
  • Bored 1

39 minutes ago, pepe_trueno said:

as someone who left world of tanks because of gold rounds i can understand the worries about this but i think people are drowning in a glass of water.

Gold rounds broke everything becouse the performance boost was well over 30%. The power gap between special and elite flags in the other hand is marginal and will have little to no impact outside the most competitive scenes

the part that they can be obtained throw events screams loot boxes but they can also be obtained throw crates and achievements so i will let that slip. as i said before this are not te kind of signals one would spam in randoms.

with the sheer level of BS RNG that this game has that tiny boost won't even be noticeable.   

This is basically my thoughts on it too.

Yes, it's MORE p2win, but not a lot more...not a fundamental change.

It will cross some people's red lines. I don't think it would cross mine.

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Which basically means you didn't understand my post.

My post 'about wanting Spitfires' was that both the pilot and the plane were important.

There is a reason we see certain equipment line ups in KoTS all the time. The best players understand player skill is necessary, but also the best kit is required for the best performance.

To give another example, does anyone think Max Verstappen wins the Formula 1 drivers championship in a Haas?

Now, he may do well...he may even have fun. But it is unlikely he wins the championship.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

My post 'about wanting Spitfires' was that both the pilot and the plane were important.

There is a reason we see certain equipment line ups in KoTS all the time. The best players understand player skill is necessary, but also the best kit is required for the best performance.

To give another example, does anyone think Max Verstappen wins the Formula 1 drivers championship in a Haas?

Now, he may do well...he may even have fun. But it is unlikely he wins the championship.

As long as his competitors aren't all drivers who failed the New Jersey Drivers Test, I'd agree.  Given some of the ship drivers I see in WOWS...

4 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:
6 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

~ Disagree.  Moving on.
~ If you have to continually re-explain, then something wasn't conveyed well in the first place, or you're "moving the goalpost", as far as I can discern.  Sometimes I wonder if you were indoctrinated with Orwellian double-speak.  🙂 
~ "kings of the training scenario" aren't my "cup of tea".  They create a very boring tournament, in my opinion.
So, disagree and moving on, again.
~ I had to look-up who Max Verstappen is and research the Haas car.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haas_VF-22
You're aware that WG/WOW's balances ships to play within the matchmaking parameters.
And even "fail-division" ships can damage or sink higher tier ships that fail to take them seriously, I feel.
Which brings us back to the importance of "the pilot", eh?  🙂 

1 minute ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

~ Disagree.  Moving on.
~ If you have to continually re-explain, then something wasn't conveyed well in the first place, or you're "moving the goalpost", as far as I can discern.  Sometimes I wonder if you were indoctrinated with Orwellian double-speak.  🙂 
~ "kings of the training scenario" aren't my "cup of tea".  They create a very boring tournament, in my opinion.
So, disagree and moving on, again.
~ I had to look-up who Max Verstappen is and research the Haas car.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haas_VF-22
You're aware that WG/WOW's balances ships to play within the matchmaking parameters.
And even "fail-division" ships can damage or sink higher tier ships that fail to take them seriously, I feel.
Which brings us back to the importance of "the pilot", eh?  🙂 

I tell you that your assumption of what I meant is incorrect, and you disagree.

LOL

Apparently you can read minds. That must be a very useful skill.

Feel free to argue the point of your strawman against yourself then.

As for Haas and World of Warships...we are discussing competitive performance optimization.

I have no doubt Verstappen could get Haas some good results, may even get some podiums or win a race. But he isn't going to win the drivers championship. He can do that only in Red Bull or Mercedes or MAYBE Ferrari cars.

Yes, the pilot matters, but so does the ship.

Optimizing both will give higher performance than just optimizing one or the other.

• Bored 1

5 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Your example is not relevant to the mechanics of this game.

Take the L and move on.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

https://blog.korabli.su/blog/547

New Devblog aaand ....... 

Sometimes there may also be cases where a limited number of elite signals can be obtained either for activity or for doubloons. For example, they may be among the Shipyard rewards in the part that can be obtained for free by completing combat missions. At the same time, it is possible to get them for doubloons.

Lol.....

13 hours ago, Jakob Knight said:

Favorite delusion of the disadvantaged is that they cannot win, no matter how slight the disadvantage, and it's the fault of their weapons.  Too many people are losing their minds over very minor modifications to ship performance that are not significant, and acting like it makes any real difference in the outcome of their encounter.  This is the same misunderstanding that lets soldiers with knives take down those who believe their rifles make them unbeatable.

I will take on any player with a 21 point commander with all the flags they want to fly in a commanderless ship flying no flags and I will feel no real difference in my chance to beat them.  That will come down to my decisions, their decisions, and how well we use the ships we have chosen as our weapons.  

Players who feel different are welcome to do so.  It just gives me an advantage I could never get any other way in beating them.

This s the kind of stuff I want to see streamed!  Fun stuff!

4 minutes ago, meatgrindr said:

This s the kind of stuff I want to see streamed!  Fun stuff!

I'd love to see him do it in clan battles.

Really put his theory to the test.

10 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Lol.  Check out a race car driver like Kyle Larson, hops in a cup level stock car, Indy cart, Sprint car, dirt, paved, oval, road, you name it, and excels at all of it.  Team, car, track, doesn't even care, just wins.  Your Max should hope Kyle never takes a liking to F1.

15 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Aw, 1 on 1, best 2 of 3!

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, meatgrindr said:

Lol.  Check out a race car driver like Kyle Larson, hops in a cup level stock car, Indy cart, Sprint car, dirt, paved, oval, road, you name it, and excels at all of it.  Team, car, track, doesn't even care, just wins.  Your Max should hope Kyle never takes a liking to F1.

Larson would have better chances to win in better cars, yes.

I'd love to see him take on F1. Personally, I think F1 is too much of a closed ranks rich boy playground.

14 minutes ago, meatgrindr said:

Aw, 1 on 1, best 2 of 3!

Nope, I want to see him do it in clan battles against [RAIN]. That's the true test of his claim.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I'd love to see him take on F1. Personally, I think F1 is too much of a closed ranks rich boy playground.

OOOOH FERNANDO ALOOOONSO

elnano-fernandoalonso.gif.3b6ddc6f9043f7e68c7a340709a502b3.gif

7 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

As I said before, I relish the challenge, so I'd jump on it in a heartbeat (schedule permitting).  Now, if only I could find a way to clone enough of me to make up a CB team.....

Edited by Jakob Knight
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, thornzero said:

Wows stream confirms Wows is not going to follow suit with Lesta on the combat signal changes. So its a dead issue now. They emphasize the different companies are doing different things.

Yes. It is a non-issue really, since they have branched off to different directions, and WG's DevBlog has not even made a similar mention of it.

However, Wargaming, just like any business, reserves the right to change any part of their product which they deem fit to be changed, without need for explanation. 

• Like 1

Hah! I hope they'll introduce actual premium ammo to the WG-WoWS. Then I can finally quit.