Gift Cards to Purchase the Event Dubloons Special is Disabled

Asym

Well, for the infamous Father's Day, I usually receive CVS gift card(s) to buy in game stuff....

So, I went to the premium shop and low-and-behold, the purchase of Dubs that are combined with the event tokens, are excluding all of the "more payment options" tab that includes CVS cards....   I checked "other purchasable items" and the "more payment options" tab is there and working?

Anyone else see this quirk ?

Edited by Asym

• Asym changed the title to Gift Cards to Purchase the Event Dubloons Special is Disabled

The large update yesterday was expected to cause numerous issues.  Perhaps this is related to that?

The post-maintenance update will cause other accessibility problems as noted below:

image.thumb.png.6d49a31e7bb87a4d9e1a17897307bad3.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

The post-maintenance update will cause other accessibility problems as noted below:

Depends on whether he tried it before or after the downtime.

11 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Depends on whether he tried it before or after the downtime.

After, about an hour ago.  The non-event sales are operating normally.  As I said, I was trying to purchase dubs that have the tokens attached and the "more payment options" selection tab isn't there....

Other transactions have that tab........  so.....I'll wait a few days and see what happens.

5 minutes ago, Asym said:

After, about an hour ago.  The non-event sales are operating normally.  As I said, I was trying to purchase dubs that have the tokens attached and the "more payment options" selection tab isn't there....

Other transactions have that tab........  so.....I'll wait a few days and see what happens.

They may view the use of gift cards during dub-plus-token promo events as double dipping. Do note that the "any amount of doubloons" option usually vanishes during these events also.

Not saying I agree, just saying that's the way WG might see it.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

They may view the use of gift cards during dub-plus-token promo events as double dipping. Do note that the "any amount of doubloons" option usually vanishes during these events also.

Not saying I agree, just saying that's the way WG might see it.

I had that thought as well....  But, why disable non event dub purchases???  thanks

23 minutes ago, Asym said:

I had that thought as well....  But, why disable non event dub purchases???  thanks

Because some idiot would buy dubs without realizing he could have got more for his money, and then would scream his head off and demand compensation?

Better to bake in token delivery to everything, I guess. 

• Like 1