WOWS Services unavailable

S7CentNickel

just got this message after getting disconnected:  WOWS Services unavailable

9 minutes ago, S7CentNickel said:

With all due respect (seriously not being a jerk)...

READ THE NEWS ARTICLES!!!!

WG announced 2 days ago all servers will be shut down today for around 7 hours for major work. We are in the middle of it right now.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/wows-services-will-be-temporarily-unavailable/

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, S7CentNickel said:

Full replacement of hamster, straw bedding, water bottle, hamster wheel and the string used to connect it to the internet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Bored 1

21 minutes ago, S7CentNickel said:

oops missed this one.

Work will continue into 6/17 as well. Game will be back but lots of stuff will have limited access or won't work at all.

• Like 2

Is good time for maintenance, time for man in america to have they father's day

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Lady Anesjka said:

Is good time for maintenance, time for man in america to have they father's day

She's purdy and yes happy fathers day to all.

• Like 2

Hi all,

EU Armory is still off-line:

image.thumb.png.ade0153d4b0bce962079c9bf3b08c6e0.png

Leo "Apollo11"

All appears to be operational here, NA. I wonder what they were doing.

9 hours ago, clammboy said:

She's purdy

Mmmm, redheads.

I married one myself. HOT.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Efros said:

All appears to be operational here, NA. I wonder what they were doing.

Hmmmm>?  Time for a wild guess !  Get your tin hats on boys and girls....  This is just an "opinion"....AWAG....a SWAG.......

Someone earlier mentioned a 37 game winning streak/being banned as a cause.  Just before that, we had someone admit to botting an entire event to win.  Ah, see a pattern and then, they crash the servers over a recognized holiday in the US on "Fathers Day...." no less? 

Someone it seems, may have found a way "into the game" if I were guessing and this massive down time was to "disinfect" whatever got in from Asia maybe?  -  and, was circulating for profit....  That whole event winning via botting simply was screaming at us......then, the magic 37 appeared.

Uh huh, me thinks someone cracked the Gordian Knot somewhere it was being sold....

Edited by Asym

16 minutes ago, Asym said:

Hmmmm>?  Time for a wild guess !  Get your tin hats on boys and girls....  This is just an "opinion"....AWAG....a SWAG.......

Someone earlier mentioned a 37 game winning streak/being banned as a cause.  Just before that, we had someone admit to botting an entire event to win.  Ah, see a pattern and then, they crash the servers over a recognized holiday in the US on "Fathers Day...." no less? 

Someone it seems, may have found a way "into the game" if I were guessing and this massive down time was to "disinfect" whatever got in from Asia maybe?  -  and, was circulating for profit....  That whole event winning via botting simply was screaming at us......then, the magic 37 appeared.

Uh huh, me thinks someone cracked the Gordian Knot somewhere it was being sold....

Well. ASIA server is the cheating capital of all the server regions.. Been that way for years (pre-covid). Nothing will "disinfect" it.. Not even mass banns.

Heed I remind the masses.. The Asia server have been posting a ton of bans online then promo codes for WG  existence es a whole.

I haven't seen anyone in NA "cheat" for years. Must of the cheating is delegated to low tiers and even then.. WG/NA does send the ban.exe on them.

NA doesn't publish the ban list as when the Asia server did. Which means the privacy clause is not enforceable there compared to NA or even EU.

BTW regarding the 37 "winning" streak... I was disappointed it was only 7 days... Asia server is getting soft on the severity but harsh on detection and enforcement.

I dont think the work is related to that.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Like 1

I doubt the 37 win streak ban was for anything other than the invulnerability hack that Flamu made those 2 videos about 2 weeks ago. As discussed in that thread, many players who tried that exploit got the same 7 day ban with the same wording.

I am hoping the half day downtime was in fact to sanitise the servers from the warpack cheating app that is being sold behind the great firewall of China. I doubt the usage has been limited to just the ASIA server. Players from that region also play on EU and NA. It stands to reason the cheating is universal (or was - hopefully).

But, we will see I guess. I did notice my FPS tonight has been around 10 higher than was normal, around 144 fps tonight. It usually sits around 132fps. I run 4K all settings maximum.

I haven't seen any lists of account bans since the official forums were shut down.

Edited by UnderTheRadarAgain

20 minutes ago, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

the warpack cheating app that is being sold behind the great firewall of China.

The China server used to be its own game, to the point where Farazelleth had to get permission to make an account over there (because they kept RTS carriers for some time after the CV rework everywhere else and he wanted to go on playing them).

When did that change?

1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

ASIA server is the cheating capital of all the server regions

ASIA (SEA), NA, and EU servers (all managed by the same EU company) have been very reliable regarding any cheating attempts that could/may occur.  There is a CN server operated by 《战舰世界》官方网站 (360.cn) where that version (Chinese version of WoWs) resides.  That, in the past, was said (I've never played on it, so basically word of mouth) to be known for "cheat" exploits.

People sometimes confuse the ASIA and CN servers as being the same.  They are not and are operated by different hosting companies.

Probably the biggest reason the EU, NA, and ASIA servers went down simultaneously was maintenance done by the hosting company based in Luxembourg. They started the activity in the evening/early morning hours there time.  For us (NA), however, that was late in the afternoon.  As WG said, this was a maintenance issue.  WG does not maintain its own team of hamsters; a totally different company does.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

they kept RTS carriers for some time after the CV rework ...

I tried joining China server myself just for this reason (to play RTS CVs), however, I did not have any success registering there (due to chinese characters website).

6 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Mmmm, redheads.

I married one myself. HOT.

LOL, well, I stick out like a onion in a flower field here. Moja baba, my grandmother, from Dunmurry, Irski ... ireland... and she come to croatia here and fall in love with port man and here I am. Not many of us here in Croatia unless go to old town, and the tourists, lol.

• Like 2