Can we talk about ze..... "cheating" bots?? (from D day)

Andrewbassg

I get that Wedgie want to give us a ...."nice" experience, but...... this is just complete BS. These matches are NOT supposed to be different from other battles and people CANNOT learn from this pretty much anything. The moment fish are launched, they turn. And they turn like no tomorrow. Doesn't matter if there is no lock on, they just turn. Coz of  ofc Wedgie is "smart" i mean he "thinks" as being smart and deploys Sauron's Eye.

But this is just plain stupidity if one want people to learn. But very smart if one "wants 'em apes". Sigh....

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

Can we talk about ze..... "cheating" bots??
I get that Wedgie want to give us a ...."nice" experience, but...... this is just complete BS. These matches are NOT supposed to be different from other battles and people CANNOT learn from this pretty much anything. The moment fish are launched, they turn. And they turn like no tomorrow. Doesn't matter if there is no lock on, they just turn. Coz of  ofc Wedgie is "smart" i mean he "thinks" as being smart and deploys Sauron's Eye.

But this is just plain stupidity if one want people to learn. But very smart if one "wants 'em apes". Sigh....

They're emulating human behavior/instincts.  🙂 

Seriously, don't you zig-zag or alter course because you've looked at the situation and determined that torpedoes were likely to have been launched at you?

I routinely "blap" 'Bot ships with torpedoes.
1.  Sail to within "point-blank" range and launch from so close that they simply cannot turn soon enough to evade.
2.  Target the 'bot from a stealthy distance.  Launch.  Select another ship to be your target or merely de-select the torpedo target.

Works more often than not.  🙂 

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

The bots are predictable. Exploit them.

You don't need to stay away from a bot to torp him, their aim is awful. Get in close.

Send one rack to induce a turn, send a second rack to hit the now committed enemy ship.

The bots cheat. They always have. Adapt and overcome. They are still easy to sink.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

1.  Sail to within "point-blank" range and launch from so close that they simply cannot turn soon enough to evade.
2.  Target the 'bot from a stealthy distance.  Launch.  Select another ship to be your target or merely de-select the torpedo target.

Well......Z-34 has 4 km fish, so...... not really gets "closer or stealthier" than that. Also actually the distance was around 3.5 so.... 53EB5C0D-3B99-4A7E-8E10-0AD06C0F515D.gif

• Like 1

Just now, Andrewbassg said:

Well......Z-34 has 4 km fish, so...... not really gets "closer or stealthier" than that. Also actually the distance was around 3.5 so.... 53EB5C0D-3B99-4A7E-8E10-0AD06C0F515D.gif

I'm talking about "just beyond arming distance" close.  🙂 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

The bots are predictable. Exploit them.

You don't need to stay away from a bot to torp him, their aim is awful. Get in close.

Send one rack to induce a turn, send a second rack to hit the now committed enemy ship.

The bots cheat. They always have. Adapt and overcome. They are still easy to sink.

Was talking about D day bots, not coop bots. Indeed didn't specified but..... it would have been kinda interesting me complaining about  'em coop bots....14728F2B-B3A1-4254-850F-95D0D4BC5353.gif

Edited by Andrewbassg

4 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I'm talking about "just beyond arming distance" close.  🙂 

Yooo... I'm no kamikaze.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

Was talking about D day bots, not coop bots. Indeed didn't specified but..... it would have been kinda interesting me complaining about  'em coop bots....14728F2B-B3A1-4254-850F-95D0D4BC5353.gif

Well, "that's a horse of a different color"!  😄 
Yougottabemorespecific_AntManmoviememe_07-21-2023_.thumb.jpg.c95fe49e62ffb0095a98b8177d1c1f57.jpg 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

Yooo... I'm no kamikaze.

If you're worried about being hit by their torpedoes, then stay out of their launching arcs.
If you're worried about their main-guns, understand that a "jousting pass" will allow you to sail by the target without the target's turrets being able to rotate fast enough to keep you targeted (if they're an average battleship, for example).
Alternatively, show-up when their turrets are pointed at one of your team-mates.  "Surprise mother-trucker!"  🙂 

But, are we talking about Co-op 'Bots or D-Day Scenario Destroyers and Schnellboots?

14 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

But, are we talking about Co-op 'Bots or D-Day Scenario Destroyers and Schnellboots?

No, we talk about QE from D Day.

15 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

If you're worried about being hit by their torpedoes, then stay out of their launching arcs.
If you're worried about their main-guns, understand that a "jousting pass" will allow you to sail by the target without the target's turrets being able to rotate fast enough to keep you targeted (if they're an average battleship, for example).
Alternatively, show-up when their turrets are pointed at one of your team-mates.  "Surprise mother-trucker!"  🙂 

Yeah I do the emilio stuff regularly, but it was a different situation. Me in smoke, shooting at her  while she closed the range. Preparing to launch( lock on to see the solution then lock off.  Even stopped firing coz she got  into smoke firng penalty range.  And the moment I launched she turned  out no questions asked  and I watched bewildered  how my fish missed. Shortly after that I died, coz i was WAAY too close to survive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrewbassg said:

You mean you're a Randoms player who hasn't adapted to how things are in co-op?

Welcome to our world. We don't complain; we adapt. And we make sure we deliver our torps so close that there is no chance of missing. 

Adapt... or go back to fighting all humans. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

You mean you're a Randoms player who hasn't adapted to how things are in co-op?

Welcome to our world. We don't complain; we adapt. And we make sure we deliver our torps so close that there is no chance of missing. 

Adapt... or go back to fighting all humans. 

Yoo   im no chauvinist, unless cruisers 53EB5C0D-3B99-4A7E-8E10-0AD06C0F515D.gif Still I prefer ranked over randoms by far....

Otherwise the bots were of D day variety ...

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 1

• Andrewbassg changed the title to Can we talk about ze..... "cheating" bots?? (from D day)

Ah, well...those bots cheat even more than co-op bots.

Better up your exploit game.

• Haha 2

If you’re not launching from less than 2.0, you’re doing it wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Is 'D' Day mode even worth playing?   .... asking for a 'friend'  😁 .....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aethervox said:

Is 'D' Day mode even worth playing?   .... asking for a 'friend'  😁 .....

Yes!!. SUPERFUN!!!

Can be frustrating, coz teammates but superfun!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

WG Newspeak on how D-Day actually happened with them. I wonder where they get their reading materials. BTW, I wonder how far the WoWS devs got in these D-Day scenarios?

11 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

You seem to have odd expectations. A BB driven by a smart human player would regularly make course adjustments to evade torps. They would also kite away if they saw a DD trying to rush them. There is no way that 6 DDs, backed up with a few mines, can stop an entire mixed fleet if the opponent was competent.

The only real value that can be taken away from this mode is practicing shell dodging.

Which is actually great because the playerbase complains about being too easily killed in DDs and CLs.

I have to say I'm enjoying the Atlantic Wall Op and I think WG have balanced it well, in a way which encourages players to return to the mode as the collection of Intelligence Documents really makes a positive  difference to the gameplay. The fact that the bots (and especially the Furious) will dodge torps well is a good thing as it encourages a team to attack aggressively and not just smoke camp (and there is far too much of that, especially from people with a smoke build Maass), It also means that Z-32 (I think that's the torp ship) has a role, as she can put lots of torps in the water, which guarantees hits, something that T-61 can't do. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

I have to say I'm enjoying the Atlantic Wall Op and I think WG have balanced it well, in a way which encourages players to return to the mode as the collection of Intelligence Documents really makes a positive  difference to the gameplay. The fact that the bots (and especially the Furious) will dodge torps well is a good thing as it encourages a team to attack aggressively and not just smoke camp (and there is far too much of that, especially from people with a smoke build Maass), It also means that Z-32 (I think that's the torp ship) has a role, as she can put lots of torps in the water, which guarantees hits, something that T-61 can't do. 

You know, I'm still not any smarter about those intelligence documents.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Agreed, I played the Utah Beach event only long enough to get all the rewards for that section. The Omaha Beach defense is actually fun enough that it might be my main mode for the next week and a half, or at least until I finish grinding the Z-31.

40 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

I'm not a fan at all of the intelligence documents needing to be earned.

Smacks to much of WGs insistence on making haves and have nots to incentivize sales.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I'm not a fan at all of the intelligence documents needing to be earned.

I would have to disagree. It's not hard to start picking these up. One of the main problems with events in most games I play is that they get exhausted quickly. We've got a selection of offensive modes to play with the rental Zerstorers, and they can all be defensively buffed with the Intelligence documents, which means it's worth playing for a few more games than might be otherwise be the case.

1 hour ago, invicta2012 said:

I would have to disagree. It's not hard to start picking these up. One of the main problems with events in most games I play is that they get exhausted quickly. We've got a selection of offensive modes to play with the rental Zerstorers, and they can all be defensively buffed with the Intelligence documents, which means it's worth playing for a few more games than might be otherwise be the case.

Not helpful to someone like me with limited time.

To each his own, the event just isn't tailored to my wants.

• Like 1

I was happy to get the regular rewards in less than a day of engagement but I waved off on the extra crates as the inconsistency of random teams is not fun. I rarely play ops but they are sort of fun, I might do those more later on.