You have been disconnected from the server. Check your Internet connection.

BCGrog

So I tried to connect just now 3:15 PM Pacific time. Saturday.

As the I was entering a match watching the logo pinwheel I got thie lovely screen in the picture.

- Tried re-connecting twice. 

- Exited the game and game center, restarted them. Tried reconnecting twice again.

Meantime, the match must be in play now.

- Rebooted the computer, restarted game center and game, tried again twice.

Logged into WG website and sent in a ticket.

Can't wait to be penalized for this.

Nothing at all wrong with Internet connection. I'm on fibre optic with maximum up/down data.

No other programs running.

Windows Update ran successfully earlier today and PC was rebooted and I've been doing other things since.

Very annoyed.

Disco.jpg

Speak to your ISP. Not WG's problem.

Being penalized regardless of why you D/C is what's required to nail cowards who would otherwise pull the router cable every time there's a sub or CV in their game and claim connectivity issues.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Bored 1

1 hour ago, BCGrog said:

As the I was entering a match watching the logo pinwheel I got thie lovely screen in the picture.

- Exited the game and game center, restarted them. Tried reconnecting twice again.

Nothing at all wrong with Internet connection. I'm on fibre optic with maximum up/down data.

Windows Update ran successfully earlier today and PC was rebooted and I've been doing other things since.

Very annoyed.

Disco.jpg

If the "check & repair" process doesn't fix the problem, then I'll remain curious about what might be the culprit.

Also, it seems too early for the "temporary shutdown" to be in effect.
https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/wows-services-will-be-temporarily-unavailable/

5 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Speak to your ISP. Not WG's problem.

How did you know it is not WG's problem? Do you have PingPlotter data to support your quick defense of WG? 😆

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Bored 1

Just happened again, third time tonight. 

I logged off. Nothing wrong with my service. All systems optimal.

Maybe it's part of what they are trying to fix tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frostbow said:

How did you know it is not WG's problem? Do you have PingPlotter data to support your quick defense of WG? 😆

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

spacer.png

Or an Employee? Not saying Frostbow is, just that sometimes people are not what they seem to be on media sites. However, seeing the past in this forum, I trust Frostbow's opinion in discussions on DevStrike.

I usually encounter this type of issue on login. The best theory I have is that it takes too long for the WG server to respond to the request. No clue, if this is a server side issue or about routing, it most frequently seems to affect just WoWS (not even WoT at the exact same time), but I get it these days even with an increasing number of websites as well.

A possible solution:

Cloudflare or Quad9 DNS instead of what you get from your ISP.

4 hours ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

Or an Employee? Not saying Frostbow is, just that sometimes people are not what they seem to be on media sites. However, seeing the past in this forum, I trust Frostbow's opinion in discussions on DevStrike.

That went over your head it was not about Frostbow

Edited by AdmiralThunder

12 hours ago, BCGrog said:

Just happened again, third time tonight. 

I logged off. Nothing wrong with my service. All systems optimal.

Maybe it's part of what they are trying to fix tomorrow.

The way i see it you have some issues... The Client for WOWS is very picky here what I think is going on.

• Driver conflict.
    • You that's right.. GPU driver conflict can restrict you client access to your matches.
  • What is known as Ghost connections.
    • These are connections never closed and thus take bandwidth resources from your network.
  • ISP routing  or network management failure.

Unlike other posters who blame corporate or present conspiracies (though its expected, it's not a technical forum for these issues after all). I'll suggest the following remedies in hopes of getting this resolved.

1. Manually install your GPU drivers. Make sure there's the option of deleting your previous install box is checked.
  2. I would also recommend doing a 5 min cold reset (W/O power) of your
    • PC
    • Modem (If your ISP allows you to do it and they will insist on doing it themselves remotely).
    • Router (if you have one and your ISP allows it to be reset)
  3. After the reset. Do a check and repair.
  4. Lastly, to eliminate the ghost connections in your network.. Do a DNS flush And restart your PC.

When it comes to ISP routing and network management failure, remember.. At the end of the day, the network/internet is manage by many professionals and idiots. Its reflective, on the highway the signal travels on. Sometimes, you get smooth roads to travel. Other times, you have potholes due to neglect.

Must ISP only care about profits over maintaining the infrastructure.  Remember, speed is not king nowadays, network efficiency is.  What good is going faster if I can get there quicker because my signal took the "short cut" to its final destination.

If its ISP (lets prey its not), your probably SOL if you live in Canada, US or Mexico.

Keep me posted as to what helped.

• Like 1

Sometimes just switching off your router and turning it back on a few minutes later fixes things too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Frostbow said:

Past experience with such troubles has shown me that it was my ISP or something to do with it EVERY TIME. 

Others were playing WOWS with no issues.

It had to have been me.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu

I have some peculiar internet here also. Sometimes it is high ping and dropped packets. Sometimes it disconnects for no good reason. But it is usually me, unless others cannot log in, which has happened a few times. Sometimes the software crashes and terminates. [I think that was mods, which have now been discarded.] I try to get back on immediately if I was going into a battle and have avoided the pink: so far, so good.

• Like 2

Thanks Navalpride33. I tried a DNS flush today. It didn't work, so I will go through all your other steps and other suggestions in the thread.

They turned me pink over one of the disconnects yesterday, and when I logged in today I had to work the pink off. First time I've been pink for any reason. In 8 years.

After six successful matches this morning, it did it again. Disconnected as I was entering a match and watching the anchor logo pinwheel.

Sent a follow up comment and screenshots to WG in my open ticket.

I'll assume I'm going pink again.

By the way I'm on Telus Pure fibre optic. My speed test when this happened showed 781 Mbps down and 701 Mbps up at the time.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BCGrog said:

Disconnected as I was entering a match and watching the anchor logo pinwheel.

See, here's the thing. I've been giving this some thought.

I never get disconnected during a match, or while in port, or while doing any other activity in game .

It only disconnects while dropping into a match while the anchor logo is pinwheeling.

So what does that tell us?

Edited by BCGrog
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Past experience with such troubles has shown me that it was my ISP or something to do with it EVERY TIME. 

Others were playing WOWS with no issues.

It had to have been me.

Not necessarily you you, but something in between your PC and WG.

If your connection has issues, they should show up otherwise, not just in connection with WoWS, no pun intended.

8 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Not necessarily you you, but something in between your PC and WG.

Fair enough.

• Like 1

Interesting, after years of playing I suddenly got this problem today.

Just happened to me out of the blue on EU server. Fortunately, the random battle had just ended & I got a Kraken  w T4 BB (#5 sinking) seconds before the disconnect.

16 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

spacer.png

ROFL! This is so GOOD, I had to quote it. This is hilarious 🤣

• Like 2

I have games freeze for a few seconds repeatedly during the last week. It probably isn't because of WG but because the long route signals have to travel from Europe to WG's Asia server. Tried a VPN server for gaming and it did help.

Edited by Sambo_Cigars

On 6/15/2024 at 3:27 PM, BCGrog said:

Very annoyed.

Disco.jpg

The number 1 culprit for me when this happens is a pending windows update...

If you haven't checked for that I would do that 1st...& If you have...

Check again 24 hours later as sometimes they like to hide & show up later.

100% of the times I've had unexplained disconnects there was either a windows update ready to go or 1 showed up within the next day or 2 & everything went back to normal as soon as it was done running.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Like 1