PSA: German DD D-Day Op exploit

IfYouSeeKhaos

This is a repeat of a thread I posted when this German DD Op was on the PTS.

In the 1st wave there is a Benson...it leaves a 3:30 second smoke screen that you can use to farm for a loooooong time w/out needing to waste a smoke charge.

Hydro is a MUST for this as there is a Brit DD (Jervis I think...but don't quote me on that) that WILL sneak up on you & hydro you & it has GOD damage & will annihilate you in 3 salvos if you're parked in that smoke (learned that lesson my 1st attempt on the PTS).

But your KM hydro (4km) out distanced it's Brit hydro (3km) so just make sure when it shows up to concentrate it & kill it before it gets w/in 3km of you & all will be good.

Also the Balti that spawns in has radar...which it eventually uses...but didn't use right away so I had time to farm it down quite a bit before it became an issue...but YMMV in regards to when the Balti uses it's radar as I didn't play more than a few times to farm the community tokens on the PTS...& the Balti did take a couple of my torps so that definitely helped me farm him down quickly...again...YMMV.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Like 5

Playing the rental Z-34 I have only one smoke and can not be bothered to skill a captain only for this ship and event. So I do 'smoke tourism' until the smokes run out because the enemy DD are all sunk. Then I still have my own smoke. Z-34 has 6 km hydro which is comfortable to kick enemy DD out of their smoke.

It is a little bit weird from WG to give Z-34 only one (albeit long lasting) smoke charge as I know from PTS it at least needs two (there I used a 21 pt captain with the three point skill for an additional smoke/hydro/boost). Also one of the other rental DD has a British short-burst smoke (40 secs) but also only one. That's hilarious. Even two with the skill would be.

And what you described is not an exploit, it's the 'thinking' in the 'Thinking Man's Action Game' WG once had as an advertising slogan 😁

Edited by BlueMax1916

6 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

This is a repeat of a thread I posted when this German DD Op was on the PTS.

In the 1st wave there is a Benson...it leaves a 3:30 second smoke screen that you can use to farm for a loooooong time w/out needing to waste a smoke charge.

Hydro is a MUST for this as there is a Brit DD (Jervis I think...but don't quote me on that) that WILL sneak up on you & hydro you & it has GOD damage & will annihilate you in 3 salvos if you're parked in that smoke (learned that lesson my 1st attempt on the PTS).

But your KM hydro (4km) out distanced it's Brit hydro (3km) so just make sure when it shows up to concentrate it & kill it before it gets w/in 3km of you & all will be good.

Also the Balti that spawns in has radar...which it eventually uses...but didn't use right away so I had time to farm it down quite a bit before it became an issue...but YMMV in regards to when the Balti uses it's radar as I didn't play more than a few times to farm the community tokens on the PTS...& the Balti did take a couple of my torps so that definitely helped me farm him down quickly...again...YMMV.

Our evening Division (if we all get there !) has tried this mode several time and..........  well, there are better ways to earn income. 

What @BlueMax1916 said is the reality....  Using someone else's smoke is just efficient use what's already available vis-a'-vis an exploit.

If we play the mode ever again, I will now look though.....!  Thanks.

Ah it's about this again, izzit.

image.jpeg.c7272e12783b084f95a6ddbc29067900.jpeg

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Ah it's about this again, izzit.

image.jpeg.c7272e12783b084f95a6ddbc29067900.jpeg

Hello...my name is ifyouseekhaos...

& I still steal smoke...I just can't help myself...sigh ;-0

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BlueMax1916 said:

And what you described is not an exploit, it's the 'thinking' in the 'Thinking Man's Action Game' WG once had as an advertising slogan 

8 hours ago, Asym said:

What @BlueMax1916 said is the reality....  Using someone else's smoke is just efficient use what's already available vis-a'-vis an exploit.

Exploit as in taking advantage of an unknown quantity to get ahead...

The other DDs leave smoke you can jump into & take advantage of also but the fact the Benson smoke lasts for over 3:30 (that was by the time I got into it there was still 3:30 left on the timer) is not advertised/unannounced anywhere & is therefore exploitable by those that do know...

& Now You Know 🙂

• Thanks 1