Explanation for this 'Weird' required

Aethervox

OK, so, today, I play a random battle (EU server), a randomed ship (Cordoba), so, a T3/T4 battle with 6 Bots a side.

I did OK (3rd, I think on my team) but their team did better & their human players won it.

So, I check the battle results & what do I find? (this is 'unbelievable')

This human player* (can't name & shame, ofc) played a Caradoc (I think) but what surprised me was this player had an 'Alpha' badge, so, I checked his profile ....

226 total battles, account registration date 20.09.2022 (yes, you read that right, so, I double checked that), 4 battles with Iwaki Alpha & 3 with Arkansas Beta.

I can only surmise this player played years ago (Alpha, Beta, etc), quit playing for years, then restarted his account? Still, wouldn't the old battle totals be listed?

You had to play a minimum of 50 battles in Alpha testing to even obtain the Iwaki Alpha (back then).

This player has only 4 battles listed for the Iwaki (& only 3 for the Arkansas) out of the 226 total.

I mean, is it possible to even have the resources available (only 225 battles) to fully equip these 2 ships? (which, ofc, they should be fully equipped)

* top ship for this player is a T5 Furutaka (also, the most played ship). 

Why the MM placed this player on my team - it would, probably, have been better for the battle for my team if this player had been on the other team 😐

Edited by Aethervox

Account reset on 20.09.2022? Keep your premium ships but loose everything else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, BlueMax1916 said:

Account reset on 20.09.2022? Keep your premium ships but loose everything else.

Even with a reset, 226 in 2 years (from Sept 20, 2022) seems rather trivial (that's 10 games per month.)

1 hour ago, Aethervox said:

I can only surmise this player played years ago (Alpha, Beta, etc), quit playing for years, then restarted his account? Still, wouldn't the old battle totals be listed?

Afaik, this player could have played any number of matches in the testing phase and those wouldn't be accounted. He could had left the account 'dormant' and never played post-testing until 2022. He plays some matches and keep it extremely casual to total 226 as of 2024. That's a guess.

25 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Even with a reset, 226 in 2 years (from Sept 20, 2022) seems rather trivial (that's 10 games per month.)

Or 4-5 spells of 40-50 matches separated by months long hyatus. Not uncommon for a casual palyer, play a few dozen matches, get recked, say 'f u stupid game' and uninstall... watch promo, gets the itch again, reinstall, cycle repeats.

226 battles total? Or 226 Random Battles?

I've seen people with less than 100 PvP battles & >12k Co-Op battles

I myself have 6,368 PvP battles... and that figure hasn't changed since like 2-3 weeks after said rework.

Co-Op battles tho, well they went from something like ~±1,500 (give or take) to 13,890 battles + how many OPs battles that WG didn't/doesn't track

Edited by aleksi111
  • Like 2

With that date, it’s almost certainly a CIS/RU to EU server transfer. As a result of the WG/Lesta split, players with accounts on RU were given the option to either “stay” with Lesta on the RU server or transfer their account to EU and stay with WG. And that process was started on September 20, 2022. Both times WG did server transfers, the account creation date post-transfer was the date the account was transferred, not the date the original was created.

The full account (all ships/commamders/etc) would be transferred over, so they’d still have Iwaki and Arkansas they already earned, plus all other stuff on their account. The only thing that didn’t move was account stats.

The battle count would be low for a nearly two year old account, assuming that’s 226 total battles not just 226 randoms (or if you’re combining random/co-op/ranked, which is all the stats page tracks). But as others mentioned it could be a current tester (and test ship games aren’t tracked in your account stats), or someone that just didn’t play much since the transfer. Or they just mostly played modes besides those three.

1 hour ago, Aethervox said:

You had to play a minimum of 50 battles in Alpha testing to even obtain the Iwaki Alpha (back then).

As for this part, all account stats were wiped when the game went from closed alpha to closed beta. So the 50+ battles in alpha wouldn’t be counted on the current stats page anyway. I don’t think stats were wiped going from closed to open beta, but they would have been wiped by the server transfer anyway. 

• Like 6

Guessing he has an alt account & this is just his testing account.