Rant... does it really take 5 hours?

xamdam

To update the server? Is that the time it takes to raze the old hamsters and raise the new ones? 

Finished my gardening work and thought I'd log in for a few. By the time this is done, I'll be sound asleep... lol

Yes, I'm getting old. And yes, I'm in Japan so, GMT +9...

Sigh.

/rant

Edited by xamdam
  • Like 4

• xamdam changed the title to Rant... does it really take 5 hours?

This company can afford to run shadow servers; have one running while the other is updating, then switch over to the already-updated server and then update the other one.

That way there is no downtime and they have a backup in case things 'go south'.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, xamdam said:

To update the server?

"Parental control" update. So its different for different users....

52 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

"Parental control" update. So its different for different users....

I'm guessing so based on the region where the player resides. I did not get the message on my EU account, but I read the requested information—month, day, and year. I went to my account settings because I did not enter my birthdate originally.  The interesting part, however, is that for my birthdate, I can only enter the month and day.  There is no year option.  So, there is no way my EU account knows how old I am; it is just my month and day of birth.  Now, since I did not enter the date before, I made sure I was born in July - I need the birthday coupon 🤣.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, HogHammer said:

I'm guessing so based on the region where the player resides. I did not get the message on my EU account, but I read the requested information—month, day, and year. I went to my account settings because I did not enter my birthdate originally.  The interesting part, however, is that for my birthdate, I can only enter the month and day.  There is no year option.  So, there is no way my EU account knows how old I am; it is just my month and day of birth.  Now, since I did not enter the date before, I made sure I was born in July - I need the birthday coupon 🤣.

Just yesterday, on login to my EU account, I got the pop up advising me to fill in the requested information. Clicking on that button opened a menu where the year could be set and saved.

Here's mine for the EU account - only the month and day are offered/shown.

Acct1.png.39493ec5db0a74cf7d2fe2570d0b0a91.png

And on the Date of Birth change, I can actually remove it.

Acct2.png.03d2e6400c5adae396f93f96720fc618.png

As I mentioned earlier, I only set it to July 2 to get the birthday coupon.