What streaming software do you use?

HogHammer

Since DevStrike! does have a Twitch channel DevStrikeForum - Twitch , I have many questions. I would like to hear what others use as software to stream to Twitch. Being new to this, I have lots of questions, and I'm sure others do, too.  

Right now, we have it set up on Twitch Studio.  I have looked at the other software available, and because I don't know Jack, this, to me, was about as straightforward as possible.  Most of the software available seems to be based on vanilla OBS, as does Twitch Studio.  

Right now, our channel is more about promoting various streamers and is more of a placeholder until the time comes when we stream training events or other possible gameplay, such as Operations, Special game modes, etc.  By the way, I have a few of you listed as "suggested" streamers.  If you would like your stream added to the list, just let me know.  

The list currently has the following -

Screenshot2024-06-11124150.thumb.png.a2ad89e13710335c6d0cc121da0eaad5.png

On the main page, if you are live, you show up at the front of the list as shown below -

Screenshot2024-06-11124238.thumb.png.c51c27bfdb3c9b1c7fae07eb2223020b.png

Plus, your stream is shown live in a window above with a link to your live stream.

• Like 1

The only DevStrike, that I could find on Twitch (just now) is " devstrik ".

Is that the correct Twitch channel?  Is there a misspelling?

Edit:  I was able to find the DevStrikeForum channel by being more persistent.  I had to completely type out the word devstrikeforum, though.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

I stream Twitch & YouTube through my browser (Microsoft Edge). Works okay.

i use a basic setup with streamlabs

PC HARDWARE

ROG STRIX
B450 motherboard
RYZEN 5 3600
ASUS Geforce RTX 2060 super ( 8mb )
corsair RGB 32mb memory ( 2x16mb )
Blackweb Mechanical keyboard
with backlights
Thermatake Gaming mouse
Blackweb Ear Bud's and alternative sony bluetooth earbud's
23" ACER monitor
21" ASUS monitor
ALURATEK AWC03F 1080p HD webcam
Elgato Wave 3 mic
Elgato stream Deck
Elagto Wave Mic Arm LP

Edited by Gaelic_knight

36 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Is that the correct Twitch channel?  Is there a misspelling?

DevStrikeForum - Twitch

This link should work for you.

20 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

i use a basic setup with streamlabs

Is setup pretty easy with Streamlabs?  I originally looked at it but opted for Twitch Studio because I was in a rush and needed something dumbed down.  Are you running any add-ons with it?

• Like 1

I use OBS and yeah. It was pretty good, I had a friend help me set it up.

• Like 1

I’ve done some test streaming stuff with OBS studio in the past, but I mostly use it for recording. I haven’t really done a lot of experimenting with Streamlabs, but I know a lot of people use that (if they don’t use OBS studio). 

Streamlabs is a bit less customizable from what I’ve heard, and is more resource hungry. But it is more streamlined. OBS has more options for customization (and is free whereas Streamlabs has the paid subscription tiers) and is less likely to lag your system/stream. But that customization comes with complexity and less streamlining if you really want to dig into it. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

I’ve done some test streaming stuff with OBS studio in the past, but I mostly use it for recording. I haven’t really done a lot of experimenting with Streamlabs, but I know a lot of people use that (if they don’t use OBS studio). 

Streamlabs is a bit less customizable from what I’ve heard, and is more resource hungry. But it is more streamlined. OBS has more options for customization (and is free whereas Streamlabs has the paid subscription tiers) and is less likely to lag your system/stream. But that customization comes with complexity and less streamlining if you really want to dig into it. 

Yeah for now I just need a free software. I am in no way a professional and just stream for fun. Maybe in the future if I get more viewers I might try more advanced things but for now what I am doing is ok.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.