Update 13.5 Initial Opinion

Aethervox

4 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

new update  ,well the first thing i noticed that wasnt worth watchng the video  is because the perfect hair budgie is commentaiting  that was an off put for me . 

(clipped)

lol! I guess I'm not the only one...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gaelic_knight said:

but he skipped canada day , he didnt even mention it  and canada day usually gets 1 day of the same stuff year after year 

This is a pretty common occurrence, though. Those types of mini-events often are left out of the patch notes. They usually get a mention in one of the mid-patch articles in the lead-up to the weekend in question.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 2

i noticed the last time they came out popeye and bluto  .????????????? who the hell is bluto and where is brutus

lets hope we get new commanders to replace  that ruski 

Despite being mentioned in Development blog as well as featured in Public Test Server's Event Pass, the two special commanders (of Pan-American and Spanish factions) with unique voiceovers are not going to be parts of either reward track.

While it is likely that they will become available for purchase eventually, things aren't taken for granted considering Enterprise's rerun event, discovered from data mining, has been postponed from Patch 13.2 to sometime later.

On the other hand, the last "national" incarnations of Dasha Perova has been Italian, Pan-European and Dutch well back in 2021, and it appears that things have already unraveled in 2023 when new factions of Pan-America and Spain are formally introduced, not to say that it's in post-incidents WG-Global servers that Commonwealth cruisers branch has been introduced. Maybe, perhaps, Federica Estival and Martina Verano are added to take the places of now infeasible "Pan-American Dasha" and "Spanish Dasha", while for Commonwealth... I'm not sure, perhaps they can just make Matilda Kelly as a regular offer for doubloons.

Edited by Project45_Opytny
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Despite being mentioned in Development blog as well as featured in Public Test Server's Event Pass, the two special commanders (of Pan-American and Spanish factions) with unique voiceovers are not going to be parts of either reward track.

I wonder if that's not due to backlash. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who found their appearance totally unsuited to the tone of the game. 

• Like 2

On 6/10/2024 at 11:06 AM, Gaelic_knight said:

the perfect hair budgie

LOL. Good one. +10.

On 6/10/2024 at 12:06 PM, Gaelic_knight said:

the first thing i noticed that wasnt worth watchng the video  is because the perfect hair budgie is commentaiting  that was an off put for me .

Alright, kinda lost in translation here... what does that mean?  I know the comment is sarcastic  but I'm not sure about the literal image... internet says budgie is a parakeet (bird), meaning his head looks like a parakeet's?   or is it implying the guy is a birdhead?  

(I'm not an english native speaker, actually had to search what 'budgie' was)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Alright, kinda lost in translation here... what does that mean?  I know the comment is sarcastic  but I'm not sure about the literal image... internet says budgie is a parakeet (bird), meaning his head looks like a parakeet's?   or is it implying the guy is a birdhead?

In a negative context, it’s typically used as the equivalent of calling someone flighty or scatter-brained.

At least that’s my understanding as a non-British native English speaker. 😅

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

who the hell is bluto and where is brutus

It's complicated. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluto 

The relevant text:

Bluto vs. Brutus

After the theatrical Popeye cartoon series ceased production in 1957, Bluto's name was changed to Brutus because it was incorrectly believed by King Features that Paramount Pictures, distributors of the Fleischer Studios (later Famous Studios) cartoons, owned the rights to the name "Bluto". King Features actually owned the name, as Bluto had been originally created for the comic strip. Due to a lack of thorough research, King Features failed to realize this and reinvented him as Brutus to avoid supposed copyright problems.[33] "Brutus" (often pronounced "Brutusk" by Popeye) appears in the 1960–62 Popeye the Sailor television cartoons with his physical appearance changed, making him obese rather than muscular. He normally sported a blue shirt and brown pants. Brutus later appeared in the Popeye arcade game released by Nintendo.[34]

The character reverted to Bluto for Hanna-Barbera's The All-New Popeye Hour (1978–83) and the 1980 live-action Popeye movie, as well as the 1987 Popeye and Son series also by Hanna-Barbera. The character was also named Bluto in the 2004 movie Popeye's Voyage: The Quest for Pappy.

It was long accepted that Bluto and Brutus were one and the same. However, a 1988 Popeye comic book, published by Ocean Comics, presented the two characters as twin brothers.[35] The Popeye comic strip, at the time written and drawn by Hy Eisman, generally featured only Brutus, but added Bluto as Brutus' twin brother in several 2008 and 2009 strips.[36][37] The two continue to appear as brothers in the more recent strips by Randy Milholland.[38]

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

looks like one of those patches they worked on in february so they can all go on vacation over the summer.

Will we be getting the titty captains this update?

Star Trek... The first time a see a ship fire a Phaser, disrupter, photon torpedo or plasma weapon in random battles it will be the last game I play. If they make a seperate mode for that I would be fine with it. 

• Like 2

STARTREK   wonder if there bringing back  space battles . that was so much fun 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, USMC2145 said:

Star Trek... The first time a see a ship fire a Phaser, disrupter, photon torpedo or plasma weapon in random battles it will be the last game I play. If they make a seperate mode for that I would be fine with it. 

Agree

2 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

STARTREK   wonder if there bringing back  space battles . that was so much fun 

That would be awesome. I did enjoy space battles. Have the perm space armor on some of my ships. The space armor looks sweet on my Zao. 

Zao.png

Edited by Zysyss
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

(I'm not an english native speaker, actually had to search what 'budgie' was)

And then there are "budgie smugglers"! Google that term. 😁

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, USMC2145 said:

Live long and prosper. 🛰️

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, majmac said:

And then there are "budgie smugglers"! Google that term. 😁

hmm... like smuggling a 'budgie' inside my underwear?... 😄 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Zysyss said:

Agree

That would be awesome. I did enjoy space battles. Have the perm space armor on some of my ships. The space armor looks sweet on my Zao. 

Zao.png

bro i havent seen many of those  in a long time but i have the space camo for Des Moines 

shot-24.06.11_21.06.03-0972.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

bro i havent seen many of those  in a long time but i have the space camo for Des Moines 

shot-24.06.11_21.06.03-0972.jpg

Love the space armor. I know it is just a camo, but I call it armor because it does change the look of the armor. 

Edited by Zysyss
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zysyss said:

Love the space armor. I know it is just a camo, but I call it armor because it does change the look of the armor. 

it sure does look more like armor to me also 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Will we be getting the titty captains this update?

image.thumb.png.610f72ce946f93647c87460523f05934.png

For Summer Tokens in the Armory.

Now stop it, or you'll go blind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

You are speaking from experience. Thank you for your advice.

21 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

You are speaking from experience. Thank you for your advice.

Perhaps @Frostbow would prefer Commander Maria Maschinenmensch, portrayed by Brigitte Helm, from the 1927 movie "Metropolis"?

MV5BMjE4OTU2MTY5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTM3 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0017136/characters/nm0375609?ref_=tt_mv_close

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 2

On 6/10/2024 at 5:24 PM, Aethervox said:

Aww, Dasha is leaving .... Wedgie cash registers dinging ... from the rush of the 'juvies' to buy an unhistorical female Captain image 😒

Actually I’m rather a boomer than a juvie, and have two Dashas commanding my ships. Not for looking at the image, but for listening to a pleasant female voice (unfortunatelly Russian only) which is way above the level of squeaky weeb captain voices the juvies seem to prefer…

Edited by Ocsimano18
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

image.thumb.png.610f72ce946f93647c87460523f05934.png

For Summer Tokens in the Armory.

Thank you, my favourite is Martina, what about you all?