Update 13.5 Initial Opinion

Aethervox

A hard pass from me here. I wonder who Wedgie is targeting with all these 'fluff' additions/alterations? Not me, that's for sure. 

The 'Beach Party Flag' is 'funny'. Perhaps, fly it on some ship with a horrible turning circle that could go aground?  Intentionally go aground while flying it?

Aww, Dasha is leaving .... Wedgie cash registers dinging ... from the rush of the 'juvies' to buy an unhistorical female Captain image 😒

As WoWS gets more & more bent, stapled & otherwise mutilated, I will simply play more low to mid tiers (where Wedgie 😒 doesn't wreck things too much).

Edited by Aethervox
  • Like 7

20 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

to buy an unhistorical female Captain image

At least she looks more 1940s than the Spanish and Pan-Am swimsuit captains. 

Dasha was (and still is) beloved by many in the WOWS community, and offering Dasha-themed commanders served a perceived (and it turns out very real) desire on the part of the playerbase. That's capitalism, tovarishch.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Dasha was (and still is) beloved by many in the WOWS community

I agree. I'm just a salty traditionalist curmudgeon (I'm sure most already know that, lol).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Dasha was (and still is) beloved by many in the WOWS community, and offering Dasha-themed commanders served a perceived (and it turns out very real) desire on the part of the playerbase. That's capitalism, tovarishch.

Is there a story behind her, why she is a commander and who is she [to wows]?

I don't care for all that silly fluff either, and am certainly not going to pay for it. These passes have taken a nose-dive, so I am bailing out on them...

shot-24.02.19_14.09.41-0523.jpg

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, thornzero said:

Is there a story behind her, why she is a commander and who is she [to wows]?

Yes.

Edit:  Let's start with this.  

World of Warships - Meet Dasha Perova

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

All but patches: Q&A with Dasha Perova [World of Warships]

1 hour ago, Aethervox said:

I wonder who Wedgie is targeting with all these 'fluff' additions/alterations?

The Star Trek stuff is the proverbial "hundred pointz of plazma" aimed directly at me. 🤷

I'll have to see the details before I find out if I'll Weasel out of it or not.

2 minutes ago, Tricericon said:

The Star Trek stuff is the proverbial "hundred pointz of plazma" aimed directly at me. 🤷

I'll have to see the details before I find out if I'll Weasel out of it or not.

If it helps, if the WoTs collab is anything to go by it will be Kelvin timeline/reboot Trek rather than anything ever shown on television.

• Like 1

Just now, Nevermore135 said:

If it helps, if the WoTs collab is anything to go by it will be Kelvin timeline/reboot Trek rather than anything ever shown on television.

Unfortunately for my evasive maneuvers, they name dropped TNG.

1 hour ago, Tricericon said:

Unfortunately for my evasive maneuvers, the name dropped TNG.

…Yes they did. Nothing to see here. 🤦‍♂️

I blame my mobile screen and the heading text in the article obscuring the banner.

Very interesting that the two collabs are so different, but WoWs’ collabs do have a tendency to stray towards older properties.

Edited by Nevermore135

new update  ,well the first thing i noticed that wasnt worth watchng the video  is because the perfect hair budgie is commentaiting  that was an off put for me . 

time to read the news 

2nd D-Day event   played it on the PTS  he forgot to mention that to start with your up against allied DD's first

next: summer festival : like the last 2 yrs  its boring to me so i dont care i have owned jura for a few yrs so it dont matter to me so thats a pass on the second line 

next :  back to normal clan battle season  . thank god 

next: divi stars  if any get done then fine , if not  who cares 

next: Brawls  . no ty i can make more credits in one battle than your offering after 3 wins 

next :  Armory --- trade in  WHAT A WASTE OF DUBS  and anyway i have all the ships from both lists so thats a PFF

the beautiful game : sorry boggsy its known as football around the world only on this side of the pond calls it soccer : aint that the same commander from the battle pass 

3 kingdoms - art department always bring a smile to my face  with there colorful asian camo - keep up the good work 

independence day  ???????  rewind back  canada day before independence day boggsy  you hipocrit more sellable stars and strips camo 

next : i can just see rodenberry turning in his grave . why oh why TNG  wanna do this 

really popeye / megadeath and might n magic  back AGAIN !!!!!! someone must be desperate 

another  HMMMM update news for me 

Edited by Gaelic_knight
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only the D-Day mission picked some interest... the rest is just blank space for me. 

• Like 3

This update is an example of a hard pass. Nothing exciting, nothing interesting, just some cash grabs.

And if anyone is wondering, the 3 kingdoms stuff we've been getting is a trickle down from RU. They had a 3 kingdoms event with free ships etc. earlier.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

And if anyone is wondering, the 3 kingdoms stuff we've been getting is a trickle down from RU. They had a 3 kingdoms event with free ships etc. earlier.

Is anyone surprised? If the content was WIP when the split happened there would be no reason for either company to abandon the effort, as there isn’t any liscensing or copyright to worry about on such an old work. It’s also content tailored towards the quite large Chinese market, so it’s pretty much a no-brainer.

WoWs inherited a much more stable market/customer base from the split than MK, so being more “stingy” with their version of this event is disappointing, but not surprising. I am mildly interested in a PA Iowa clone (being able to run ASM1 opens up the option for reload mod in slot 6), but not enough to open my wallet.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

independence day  ???????  rewind back  canada day before independence day boggsy  you hipocrit more sellable stars and strips camo 

Lots of countries get smaller events (weekend mission chains with rewards, usually), and Canada is no exception. We’ve also had premium ship releases around Canada day in the past (both Haida and Yukon IIRC). The reason US Independence Day is a recurring big event every year is simply because the US population and market is so much larger than that of Canada and WG is chasing the money. The same reasoning applies to why there is a big recurring Lunar New Year event every year. It’s also the reason we have so many German premium ships.

It’s nothing personal, it’s just the reality of running a global game like WoWs. If you are limited in how much content you can put out, you tailor it towards your larger markets as much as possible. 

• Like 1

did you all miss Rhose island for doublons?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

did you all miss Rhose island for doublons?

Missed it at first, then didn't appreciate it, much like the rest of the update.

3 hours ago, Aethervox said:

Aww, Dasha is leaving .... Wedgie cash registers dinging ..

I think they’re doing another FOMO on that to push people to buy the Dasha variants and make a quick buck. Cause it doesn’t seem like they have a conflict of interest in terms of using her likeness or a reason to remove the captain beyond that.

Edited by MBT808
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

This update is an example of a hard pass. Nothing exciting, nothing interesting, just some cash grabs.

The Star Trek stuff might be interesting depending on what it is. But I’m not rushing to get anything. Everything else I either already have or don’t care about.

also, looks like no captain for the free track of the battle pass anymore. The battle pass doesn’t look like it’s worth grinding generally(again).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

Lots of countries get smaller events (weekend mission chains with rewards, usually), and Canada is no exception. We’ve also had premium ship releases around Canada day in the past (both Haida and Yukon IIRC). The reason US Independence Day is a recurring big event every year is simply because the US population and market is so much larger than that of Canada and WG is chasing the money. The same reasoning applies to why there is a big recurring Lunar New Year event every year. It’s also the reason we have so many German premium ships.

It’s nothing personal, it’s just the reality of running a global game like WoWs. If you are limited in how much content you can put out, you tailor it towards your larger markets as much as possible. 

but he skipped canada day , he didnt even mention it  and canada day usually gets 1 day of the same stuff year after year 

• Like 1