PSA: Dasha Commanders Being Retired

Jakob Knight

From the Content Changes section of Update 13.5:

"With the release of 13.6, Commander Dasha Perova for all nations will be removed from the Armory.  All players will receive two coupons for a 50% discount on any Commander Dasha that will be active in the last 2 weeks of Update 13.5."

So, if you have been thinking of putting Dasha in command of a ship, this is probably going to be your (last) chance.  No word on if Dasha Commanders will be changed at a later date as they did with Seagal.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

…because all her captain forms leave the armory at the end of 13.5. See the 13.5 release notes, “Content Additions and Changes”

By way of consolation, WoWs will be handing out two 50% discount coupons to each player in 13.5, for those of you who wish to sling a couple of Dashas over your shoulders and take them home one last time.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

No word on if Dasha Commanders will be changed at a later date as they did with Seagal.

I think Seagal was a special case. It's worth noting that the Ovechkin commanders have not changed. Whether this is because WG negotiated the contract with him differently, I cannot say. 

I would expect the Dasha commanders to remain as they are. Odd that they are being withdrawn, but I guess there's a content-sharing arrangement with Lesta and/or Dasha herself that's due to run out and she/Lesta opted not to renew. Comparison with Mir Korabley is advised.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

From the Content Changes section of Update 13.5:

"With the release of 13.6, Commander Dasha Perova for all nations will be removed from the Armory.  All players will receive two coupons for a 50% discount on any Commander Dasha that will be active in the last 2 weeks of Update 13.5."

So, if you have been thinking of putting Dasha in command of a ship, this is probably going to be your (last) chance.  No word on if Dasha Commanders will be changed at a later date as they did with Seagal.

vader.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=ca4e6368f4dd256 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I think Seagal was a special case. It's worth noting that the Ovechkin commanders have not changed. Whether this is because WG negotiated the contract with him differently, I cannot say. 

I would expect the Dasha commanders to remain as they are. Odd that they are being withdrawn, but I guess there's a content-sharing arrangement with Lesta and/or Dasha herself that's due to run out and she/Lesta opted not to renew. Comparison with Mir Korabley is advised.

I hope they're merely being withdrawn from being sold. 
Not removed as game content (for those who have already welcomed one or more Dasha Perova Commanders to their ports.)
I might have misunderstood @Jakob Knight's original post.

It's probably getting difficult or cost-prohibitive to properly compensate Dasha Perova for the use of her likeness, since the split of the game?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Dasha commanders have already been removed from sale earlier in Mir Korabli.

There has been a rumor that the actress Dasha herself has some undesired real life connections that lead to her likeness being pulled from sale, though nothing more on this has been disclosed or confirmed.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Dasha commanders have already been removed from sale earlier in Mir Korabli.

There has been a rumor that the actress Dasha herself has some undesired real life connections that lead to her likeness being pulled from sale, though nothing more on this has been disclosed or confirmed.

5470629.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=415e66cf599ba 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I hope they're merely being withdrawn from being sold. 
Not removed as game content (for those who have already welcomed one or more Dasha Perova Commanders to their ports.)
I might have misunderstood @Jakob Knight's original post.

I misunderstood it until I typed out the post, as I knee-jerked a thought that they were removing Dasha from the game.

What it says is they will no longer be selling the Commanders based on her in the Armory, and players will get a chance to purchase two of them at the last minute at a reduced price.  Aside from that, there is no official word, so it is possible they will offer them again as part of events, ship packages, or lockboxes.  It's even possible this is a temporary removal, as there is no use of the word 'permanently'.  Or, as I mentioned, it may be a staggered process of removal.  We shall see.

7 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

I misunderstood it until I typed out the post, as I knee-jerked a thought that they were removing Dasha from the game.

What it says is they will no longer be selling the Commanders based on her in the Armory, and players will get a chance to purchase two of them at the last minute at a reduced price.  Aside from that, there is no official word, so it is possible they will offer them again as part of events, ship packages, or lockboxes.  It's even possible this is a temporary removal, as there is no use of the word 'permanently'.  Or, as I mentioned, it may be a staggered process of removal.  We shall see.

c4cb655cb55dee843962ee2cb928e79a.jpg&f=1 

• Haha 2
  • Bored 1

34 minutes ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

…because all her captain forms leave the armory at the end of 13.5. See the 13.5 release notes, “Content Additions and Changes”

By way of consolation, WoWs will be handing out two 50% discount coupons to each player in 13.5, for those of you who wish to sling a couple of Dashas over your shoulders and take them home one last time.

I wonder if we can merge these two topics?
 @Col_NASTY ?

Talk about Turbulence in a Tea Cup here. I don't have Dasha Perova as a Captain & I don't care  ...  but do tell us about ...

1 hour ago, Project45_Opytny said:

the actress Dasha herself has some undesired real life connections

... & give is all the salacious details (if any). 😁

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

Talk about Turbulence in a Tea Cup here. I don't have Dasha Perova as a Captain & I don't care  ...  but do tell us about ...

... & give is all the salacious details (if any). 😁

Well, at the least, you can get two commanders for half price, which you could either use or convert for commander xp.  

Edited by Jakob Knight
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

Well, at the least, you can get two commanders for half price, which you could either use or convert for commander xp.  

The half price offer is a good deal, however, I have a 6 pt Cpt (or better) on all my ships.

I have just a few more ships I'd like to get (still missing tech tree lines) & I doubt there would be a spot for any current Dasha nationality in these lines.

30 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

The half price offer is a good deal, however, I have a 6 pt Cpt (or better) on all my ships.

I have just a few more ships I'd like to get (still missing tech tree lines) & I doubt there would be a spot for any current Dasha nationality in these lines.

Last time I checked, all the Dasha Perova Commanders in the Armory had 10 skill points and a pleasant (russian language only) speaking voice.  🙂 

• Like 1

best news ive heard from WeeGee  in the past 2 yrs 

th.jpg

about-time-picture08.jpg

bye   cant remember your name  , who are you again 

Edited by Gaelic_knight

3 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

vader.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=ca4e6368f4dd256 

07a9814af381f348f022c8aa3a1ef445.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

07a9814af381f348f022c8aa3a1ef445.jpeg

image.jpeg.15b1f81201ce28ecddbb6d18e276b56d.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Why exactly was Seagal removed? I assume it was a result of his legal issues? I know he's become controversial and quite a joke here in the US but I honestly like alot of his content from before the mid 2000s: Under Siege 1 and 2, Hard to Kill, Out for Justice, The Glimmer Man, etc 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, CFagan_1987 said:

Why exactly was Seagal removed? I assume it was a result of his legal issues?

I seem to recall at the time there being discussion about the contract/agreement between the parties ending, but the timing was awfully convenient so there has always been a lot of speculation surrounding his disappearance and replacement with John Doe.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, CFagan_1987 said:

Why exactly was Seagal removed? I assume it was a result of his legal issues? I know he's become controversial and quite a joke here in the US but I honestly like alot of his content from before the mid 2000s: Under Siege 1 and 2, Hard to Kill, Out for Justice, The Glimmer Man, etc 

Here's that most relevant 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkyT8ga9T3s

• Like 1

Has Dasha gotten the boot? Did they send her to Gulag?! Isnt she still an employee of WG?

I really dont mind, I really would like to see less BS commanders, especially all the new ones with Tripple D´s, and would rather see a few more actual historical commanders. WG should stop throwing money at the Steven Seagals and BS Russian streamers no one ever heard of and care about of this world and instead throw them at whatever entity (maybe estate) of real dead heroes who has fought and been victorious in battle so we could have them instead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Has Dasha gotten the boot? Did they send her to Gulag?! Isnt she still an employee of WG?

I really dont mind, I really would like to see less BS commanders, especially all the new ones with Tripple D´s, and would rather see a few more actual historical commanders. WG should stop throwing money at the Steven Seagals and BS Russian streamers no one ever heard of and care about of this world and instead throw them at whatever entity (maybe estate) of real dead heroes who has fought and been victorious in battle so we could have them instead.

I don't know I'm still pissed at Wargaming for losing me a perfectly fine cook. Good cooks are hard to come by these days.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

On reddit there was a post saying they were being withdrawn from Lesta's game too as the contract with the actress had finished.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Last time I checked, all the Dasha Perova Commanders in the Armory had 10 skill points

I don't care. Most of my Cpts are approaching 10 pts anyway (if I recall correctly).

• Like 1