​ Beam me up Scotty - Star Trek Come into WoW! 😄

VedranSeawolf359

52 minutes ago, Tricericon said:

There's a promotional image over on the reddit that suggest four commanders (Picard, Spock, Sela, and a Klingon I can't fully make out, possibly Gowron) and four ships. Klingon cruiser, Federation carrier, Romulan destroyer, and Vulcan battleship. Looking at the lines it sure appears the CV is some flavor of Yorktown, as expected, and the BB is... maybe German? Nazi Spock would certainly be a choice. The others I'm not making out.

Of course I'm not 100% sure the origin of the image and it could mean nothing.

True.  All of the ships are showing modifications (roll bar on the CV?), so it makes identification that much harder.  But that does lend credence to which ship that is...what Carrier would Picard be associated with?  

I find it amusing they troll the community with DDs finally actually getting Romulan cloaking devices.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

True.  All of the ships are showing modifications (roll bar on the CV?), so it makes identification that much harder.  But that does lend credence to which ship that is...what Carrier would Picard be associated with?  

I find it amusing they troll the community with DDs finally actually getting Romulan cloaking devices.

Is Picard American, or will they make Enterprise French? :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jakob Knight said:

Special Commander:  Deanna Troi.  Special Ability:  You Must Feel So Bad Right Now.  When the ship on which Deanna Troi is aboard is defeated by enemy fire, the enemy ship that is awarded the kill is itself sunk as its crew withdraw from battle to return home and rethink their lives.

I was thinking a special commander Deanna Troi's special ability along these lines:

After losing 50% of your hitpoints, the ship sets course at full speed for the nearest landmass and explodes upon collision 😈

Now while I like Star Trek, I don't like any of this fictional BS in the game. I would take advantage of a Premium Tallinn if something like that was done for the Klingons maybe...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tricericon said:

There's a promotional image over on the reddit that suggest four commanders (Picard, Spock, Sela, and a Klingon I can't fully make out, possibly Gowron) and four ships. Klingon cruiser, Federation carrier, Romulan destroyer, and Vulcan battleship. Looking at the lines it sure appears the CV is some flavor of Yorktown, as expected, and the BB is... maybe German? Nazi Spock would certainly be a choice. The others I'm not making out.

Of course I'm not 100% sure the origin of the image and it could mean nothing.

More likely Reunification Spock, I'm guessing. 
During the Next Generation story line, Spock was an Ambassador and trying to re-unify the cultures of Vulcan and Romulus.

• Like 2

https://ufplanets.com/showthread.php?90051-Star-Trek-enters-the&p=494381

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-135-new-d-day-operations/

Edited to add:

Update 13.5:  New D-Day Operations and....

Summer Festival

Clan Battles Season 26

Division Stars

Brawls

Armory, Trade-In Continues, The "Beautiful Game" event (football/soccer) and the Three Kingdoms Pan-Asian stuff and U.S. Independence Day stuff.

Star Trek collaboration with World of Warships

Popeye and Bluto are back!

Megadeth is back on the World of Warships Seas

"Heroes of Might and Magic III" return!

Content Additions and Changes

Other Changes.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

More likely Reunification Spock, I'm guessing. 
During the Next Generation story line, Spock was an Ambassador and trying to re-unify the cultures of Vulcan and Romulus.

I know. I was reaching a little for the punchline with the image. :classic_laugh:

4 minutes ago, Tricericon said:

I know. I was reaching a little for the punchline with the image. :classic_laugh:

Yeah.  I'm guessing the events of that episode are best left inside that episode.  https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Patterns_of_Force_(episode)

So, that word "reaching" remeinds me of this use of the word "reach" in another episode.  "Adam : [smiles]  He's not Herbert. We reach!"
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0708482/characters/nm0621008?ref_=tt_cl_c_5

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jakob Knight said:

T'Liss Class of Destroyers, when?  😉 

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Romulan_Bird-of-Prey

A redditor says that looking at the patch files suggests we're getting camos for Enterprise, Gneisenau, Fiji, and Akatsuki.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Tricericon said:

A redditor says that looking at the patch files suggests we're getting camos for Enterprise, Gneisenau, Fiji, and Akatsuki.

I wonder why Akatsuki.  It's not that stealthy of a DD, at least by IJN standards.  The Romulans will need a large amount of guile to succeed with it.

Edited by Jakob Knight
  • Like 2

So, I guess I need to update my fictional predictions for these commanders:

Special Commander:  Ambassador Spock.  Special Ability:  The Needs Of The Many.  When activated, the ship on which Ambassador Spock is aboard is sunk immediately.  All other ships on the same team gain 10 percent reduction in weapon reload, consumable reload, and capture times.

Special Commander: Chancellor Martok.  Special Ability: War Is Much More Fun When You're Winning.  Upon activation of this ability, once per match, your team and the opposing team exchange victory points totals.  May only be used if the ship Chancellor Martok is on has achieved a Devastating Strike.

Special Commander:  Commander Sela.  Special Ability:  Temporal Anomaly.  When you activate this ability, your team immediately wins the battle.  However, any battle won using this ability will be an automatic defeat.  Any defeat from this ability will become a victory if the loss was not your fault.  If you didn't like paradoxes, why did you use Sela?

• Haha 3

On 6/10/2024 at 9:19 AM, VedranSeawolf359 said:

Beam me up Scotty - Star Trek Come into WoW! 😄

8tjrzc.jpg

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

So, I guess I need to update my fictional predictions for these commanders:

Special Commander:  Ambassador Spock.  Special Ability:  The Needs Of The Many.  When activated, the ship on which Ambassador Spock is aboard is sunk immediately.  All other ships on the same team gain 10 percent reduction in weapon reload, consumable reload, and capture times.

Special Commander: Chancellor Martok.  Special Ability: War Is Much More Fun When You're Winning.  Upon activation of this ability, once per match, your team and the opposing team exchange victory points totals.  May only be used if the ship Chancellor Martok is on has achieved a Devastating Strike.

Special Commander:  Commander Sela.  Special Ability:  Temporal Anomaly.  When you activate this ability, your team immediately wins the battle.  However, any battle won using this ability will be an automatic defeat.  Any defeat from this ability will become a victory if the loss was not your fault.  If you didn't like paradoxes, why did you use Sela?

Gold star my man. 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Unless its PRE JAR JAR BINKS / ALEX KURTZMAN I don't any of that crap to infect this game !!!!

Better still WG should go this route

Raiders of the Lost Tumblr — Battlestar Galactica (1978), “The  Magnificent...

Raiders of the Lost Tumblr — Battlestar Galactica (1978)

BLACK SIX RED SEVEN: ARES PREVIEWS TOS CYLON RAIDER!

Edited by tm63au
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ugh. I guess I'll wait and see what's the quality of them. If they're like the transformer commanders and replace wows music with TOS music, I gotta have a few. That funny fight music as dynamic game music, man, that'd be something.

Personally I'd want Gowron. And daimon Bok. 

• Like 2

Hi all,

Darn... I still hope for Enterprise after all these years... my elusive ship in WoWs...

Leo "Apolllo11"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Darn... I still hope for Enterprise after all these years... my elusive ship in WoWs...

I would like the Defiant, personally. And a Michael Dorn/Worf v/o - "Today *is* a good day to die!" / "Prepare for Ramming Speed!" etc. 

And if the Klingons are analogous to any Earth race, they're the Japanese military circa WW2,  surely? Factional, bound by complex codes of honour and behaviour which are reasonable and can be understood, even if they appear strange to Western/Liberal/Federation values. 

6 hours ago, tm63au said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Unless its PRE JAR JAR BINKS / ALEX KURTZMAN I don't any of that crap to infect this game !!!!

Better still WG should go this route

Raiders of the Lost Tumblr — Battlestar Galactica (1978), “The  Magnificent...

Raiders of the Lost Tumblr — Battlestar Galactica (1978)

BLACK SIX RED SEVEN: ARES PREVIEWS TOS CYLON RAIDER!

I think a Battlestar Galactica collaboration could work.  🙂 

• Count Baltar: Burn, Galactica. You're finished, Adama!
  • Cylon Centurion: [looking out to port] Sir, if I may...
  • Count Baltar: I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction.
  • Cylon Centurion: I really think you should take look at the other Battlestar.
  • Count Baltar: What are you babbling about, a...
  • [Baltar is dumbstruck at the sight of the Battlestar Pegasus]
  • Count Baltar: It's impossible!
  • Cylon Centurion: No. It is a Battlestar.
  • Count Baltar: *Turn* you fool! Turn! He's coming right for us!
  • [freeze frame: TO BE CONTINUED]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0519752/quotes/?ref_=tt_trv_qu

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0519752/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, invicta2012 said:

I would like the Defiant, personally. And a Michael Dorn/Worf v/o - "Today *is* a good day to die!" / "Prepare for Ramming Speed!" etc. 

And if the Klingons are analogous to any Earth race, they're the Japanese military circa WW2,  surely? Factional, bound by complex codes of honour and behaviour which are reasonable and can be understood, even if they appear strange to Western/Liberal/Federation values. 

The Klingons in TOS were supposed to be standins for the Soviet Union, with tense confrontations with the Federation between ship commanders but neither side seeking an outright war.  Politics, espionage, and plausible deniability were the names of the game (along with a few instances of cooperation).

The Klingons in TNG era were based on the Mongul Hordes, with honor being linked to being successful at one's duties and all of the various Clans (Great Houses) loosely united under the Khan (Chancellor) but otherwise free to pursue their own agendas.  Subject worlds were treated well if they accepted Klingon rule and worked for the good of the Empire, but were crushed ruthlessly as an example if they resisted.

I think if you are looking for a Japanese analogue, it would be the Romulans.  Duty is everything, and plots between factions are conducted out of sight.  A Romulan who fails in their duty is expected to acknowledge their failure and expend all effort to rectify their failure.  Honor is also something for Romulans alone, not the barbarians of the other races, so any actions taken against a non-Romulan cannot be considered dishonorable.

Edited by Jakob Knight
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

The Klingons in TOS were supposed to be standins for the Soviet Union, with tense confrontations with the Federation between ship commanders but neither side seeking an outright war.  Politics, espionage, and plausible deniability were the names of the game (along with a few instances of cooperation).

The Klingons in TNG era were based on the Mongul Hordes, with honor being linked to being successful at one's duties and all of the various Clans (Great Houses) loosely united under the Khan (Chancellor) but otherwise free to pursue their own agendas.  Subject worlds were treated well if they accepted Klingon rule and worked for the good of the Empire, but were crushed ruthlessly as an example if they resisted.

I think if you are looking for a Japanese analogue, it would be the Romulans.  Duty is everything, and plots between factions are conducted out of sight.  A Romulan who fails in their duty is expected to acknowledge their failure and expend all effort to rectify their failure.  Honor is also something for Romulans alone, not the barbarians of the other races, so any actions taken against a non-Romulan cannot be considered dishonorable.

Any suggestion what the Vulcans would be?

Just now, Admiral_Karasu said:

Any suggestion what the Vulcans would be?

Space Wizards 😉 

• Haha 1

The inspirations for the writers of Star Trek may have been varied, and changed over the years (decades).

The geo-political analogs of various cultures in Star Trek with actual cultures on Earth at the time the script was being written may correlate to one culture, or may be an amalgamation of more than one inspirational culture, in my opinion.

Whether a "villain" one episode, or a "good guy" in the next episode or series, Star Trek continued to write stories that a lot of viewers enjoyed.

Some concepts or lines of dialogue become pop-culture phenomena or at least food for thought.
"Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combination."
Or...
"Hodin : However, the only 'tool' diplomacy has is language. It is of the utmost importance that the meaning be crystal clear."
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0708470/characters/nm0403588?ref_=tt_cl_c_5

"I reach you." - Way To Eden episode.

The song, "Hey Out There".
Hey Out There

While this isn't "Star Trek", it exemplifies a popular sentiment around the time when Star Trek was created.
Coca Cola Commercial - I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing (In Perfect Harmony) - 1971