​ Beam me up Scotty - Star Trek Come into WoW! 😄

VedranSeawolf359

"Let's make sure history never forgets the name...Enterprise."

Sensors indicate a high probability of a certain ship returning to purchase, Captain.

• Like 3

Yep.  It doesn't surprise me, given their recent World of Tanks & Star Trek collaboration.

Update 13.5: New D-Day Operations

00:00 D-Day Operations continue, Summer Festival sparks into life, new and returning collaborations arrive, and more!
00:35 D-Day Operations Continue
01:51 Summer Festival Event and Battle pass
02:37 Star Trek Has Beamed Into World of Warships!
02:58 U.S. Independence Day
03:35 Three Kingdoms
04:10 Time for Beautiful game

Thanks for sharing the news @VedranSeawolf359🙂 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

Sensors indicate a high probability of a certain ship returning to purchase, Captain.

I can only hope.  🙂 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I can only hope.  🙂 

The ship is cloaked, so we will have to charge all monetary banks and ready all credit card launchers, just in case.

Captain Picard to the bridge please.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jakob Knight said:

The ship is cloaked, so we will have to charge all monetary banks and ready all credit card launchers, just in case.

Captain Picard to the bridge please.

DrinkingWolfKampai_facebooksticker_saved_08-10-2022_.jpg.0377579576815b619e5af96bb3539fd8.jpg  Givethatmanacigar_12-06-2022_.jpg.4188f644726e2fbfcd3efa35790dd0f4.jpg  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jakob Knight said:

Direct purchase? Probably not.

We might finally be about to receive the long-predicted Enterprise auction, though.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Yep.  It doesn't surprise me, given their recent World of Tanks & Star Trek collaboration.

Update 13.5: New D-Day Operations

Thanks for sharing the news @VedranSeawolf359🙂 

You are welcome😁 I think that 13.5. have too much stuff I don't remember which update in pastone have that much events in single update

• Like 1

Not for direct sale though.

5 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Direct purchase? Probably not.

We might finally be about to receive the long-predicted Enterprise auction, though.

Indeed.

It's a bit like the Missouri situation though, how many folks know that Enterprise is just a shadow of her former self?

Buy her for historical reasons...

• Like 1

I try to guessing sides WoW to Trek

Federation probably be US. Gene Roddenberry is American Federation ships have prefix USS

Klingons probably be Germany Since it love Brawls at close range

Romulans remember me on Japan and UK

Klingons were originally a Soviet analog, although they drifted away from that over the years. 

Romulans = Romans = Italians?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tricericon said:

Klingons were originally a Soviet analog, although they drifted away from that over the years.

This is correct.

Hollywood has drifted from calling out Russia as a mortal enemy.

27 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Not for direct sale though.

Indeed.

It's a bit like the Missouri situation though, how many folks know that Enterprise is just a shadow of her former self?

Buy her for historical reasons...

Well, I have a Commander Azur Lane Enterprise in need of "her" ship.  🙂 
I'm aware that the ship enterprise was nerfed with the "global AP bomb" nerf, among other details and changes to the game.

28 minutes ago, VedranSeawolf359 said:

I try to guessing sides WoW to Trek

Federation probably be US. Gene Roddenberry is American Federation ships have prefix USS

Klingons probably be Germany Since it love Brawls at close range

Romulans remember me on Japan and UK

24 minutes ago, Tricericon said:

"It's complicated."  🙂 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thornzero said:

This is correct.

Hollywood has drifted from calling out Russia as a mortal enemy.

While you're not wrong, it wasn't the driving factor at the time. TNG retained plenty of authoritarian adversaries; the driving factor in changing from totalitarian Klingons to feudal ones was that the TNG writers considered "exiled nobleman" more interesting than "Soviet defector" as a character for Worf.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Tricericon said:

yes you have right I watched mostly ship and combat preferences! Romulans absolutely Italians since it love diplomatic scrams and change sides depends what it want most in its situations (like bring dagger in back Austro-Hungary and Germany in WWI not very brave use stealth/smoke screen)

• Like 1

In all seriousness:

The Federation is NATO or the UN; Earth is America. In WOWS terms Star Fleet ships will be American. 

TOS Klingons were a totalitarian state designed to play the USSR in episodes "about" the Cold War, capping with Star Trek VI being "about" Chernobyl and the wall falling. TNG went with feudal Samurai biker gangs which could be slotted many places; I'd leave them Russian (original analogy, Worf, the most likely themed commander, grew up in Russia, etc) but the devs might do whatever. 

TOS Romulans were a Roman-themed martial empire, evolving to take the totalitarian spot opened on TNG when the Klingons changed. The original Romulan episode was "The Enemy Below" in space, with the cloaking device invented to play a submerging German U-Boat. In "TOS Cold War" terms they played the role of China. You could justify Italy (Roman connection), Pan-Asia (more of a stretch), or Germany (since the bird of prey is literally a U-Boat). I'd probably go with Italy, but clone a U-Boat to Italian colors if I need a tie-in ship.

Cardies, Ferengi, Gorns, Tholians, etc are harder to pin down. Generally I associate the Gorns with (West) Germans and Tholians with a somewhat cynical take on the Israelis although that's all SFB and not "franchise".

• Like 1

Hoping they have a Gorn ship.

• Like 3

Special Commander:  Jean Luc Picard.  Special Ability:  Picard Maneuver.  Upon activation, your ship moves 5 km forwards instantaneously.  After 3 seconds, your ship returns to it's original location.  

Special Commander:  William T. Riker.  Special Ability:  Riker Maneuver.  Upon activation, your commander takes control of your ship by using a simple joystick, decreasing your ship's turn circle by 200 percent for ten seconds.  Release of ship's fuel into the sea NOT authorized.

Special Commander:  Geordi LaForge.  Special Ability:  Engineering One Impossibility At A Time.  When activated, your ship's Damage Control and Repair Party consumables finish their recharge and may be used for the next 15 seconds without expending charges or incurring a recharge time.

Special Commander:  Worf.  Special Ability: A Good Day To Die.  When your ship is below 25 percent of it's starting hull points, ramming may be conducted without your ship taking damage from it.  Sixty seconds after the first ramming damage is taken, your ship will explode.

Special Commander:  Data.  Special Ability:  I Busted Him Up.  No other special or unique Commander skills modifications or abilities function in a battle with a ship in it with this Commander aboard.  If both sides have Commander Datas, then they cancel each other's ability to cancel other Commanders' skills and abilities, allowing them to be used normally.  Except on Tuesdays.  I hate temporal mechanics.

Special Commander:  Deanna Troi.  Special Ability:  You Must Feel So Bad Right Now.  When the ship on which Deanna Troi is aboard is defeated by enemy fire, the enemy ship that is awarded the kill is itself sunk as its crew withdraw from battle to return home and rethink their lives.

Special Commander:  Security Officer.  Special Ability:  Take One For The Team.  When Activated, all enemy fire in transit to friendly ships anywhere in the battle are immediately applied to this ship and removed from the battle.  Every ship with a weapon hitting this ship due to this ability will be awarded credit for the kill, unless some kind of really bad space magic happens and the ship actually survives.

Special Commander:  The Borg.  Special Ability:  Resistance Is Futile.  When the ship with this Commander on it reaches 1 HP, it no longer takes damage.  Any ship reduced to half of its starting HP by this ship will switch teams.  If this ship takes damage from another ship with another Unique or Special commander on it (with the exception of Security Officer), it is immediately defeated.  Assimilate this.

• Haha 5

If we don't get a French captain with a British voice-over out of this, WG isn't doing it right.

• Haha 3

fear of the unwanted...

first thing i thought of was more perma camos

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jakob Knight said:

Special Commander:  Jean Luc Picard.  Special Ability:  Picard Maneuver.  Upon activation, your ship moves 5 km forwards instantaneously.  After 3 seconds, your ship returns to it's original location.  

Special Commander:  William T. Riker.  Special Ability:  Riker Maneuver.  Upon activation, your commander takes control of your ship by using a simple joystick, decreasing your ship's turn circle by 200 percent for ten seconds.  Release of ship's fuel into the sea NOT authorized.

Special Commander:  Geordi LaForge.  Special Ability:  Engineering One Impossibility At A Time.  When activated, your ship's Damage Control and Repair Party consumables finish their recharge and may be used for the next 15 seconds without expending charges or incurring a recharge time.

Special Commander:  Worf.  Special Ability: A Good Day To Die.  When your ship is below 25 percent of it's starting hull points, ramming may be conducted without your ship taking damage from it.  Sixty seconds after the first ramming damage is taken, your ship will explode.

Special Commander:  Data.  Special Ability:  I Busted Him Up.  No other special or unique Commander skills modifications or abilities function in a battle with a ship in it with this Commander aboard.  If both sides have Commander Datas, then they cancel each other's ability to cancel other Commanders' skills and abilities, allowing them to be used normally.  Except on Tuesdays.  I hate temporal mechanics.

Special Commander:  Deanna Troi.  Special Ability:  You Must Feel So Bad Right Now.  When the ship on which Deanna Troi is aboard is defeated by enemy fire, the enemy ship that is awarded the kill is itself sunk as its crew withdraw from battle to return home and rethink their lives.

Special Commander:  Security Officer.  Special Ability:  Take One For The Team.  When Activated, all enemy fire in transit to friendly ships anywhere in the battle are immediately applied to this ship and removed from the battle.  Every ship with a weapon hitting this ship due to this ability will be awarded credit for the kill, unless some kind of really bad space magic happens and the ship actually survives.

Special Commander:  The Borg.  Special Ability:  Resistance Is Futile.  When the ship with this Commander on it reaches 1 HP, it no longer takes damage.  Any ship reduced to half of its starting HP by this ship will switch teams.  If this ship takes damage from another ship with another Unique or Special commander on it (with the exception of Security Officer), it is immediately defeated.  Assimilate this.

WG has not release a theme commander with enhanced skills in years let alone unique perks but if we can dream:

battle hardened (klingon): 1% reload buff of all armament every 150000 potential damage

rules of acquisition (ferengi): heal 7% of ship max health for each ship kill

adaptation (borg): DCP cooldown reduced by 1% every 8000 damage done

Cardassians: 2% increased max speed for every capture or assist in capture

9 hours ago, pepe_trueno said:

WG has not release a theme commander with enhanced skills in years let alone unique perks but if we can dream:

battle hardened (klingon): 1% reload buff of all armament every 150000 potential damage

rules of acquisition (ferengi): heal 7% of ship max health for each ship kill

adaptation (borg): DCP cooldown reduced by 1% every 8000 damage done

Cardassians: 2% increased max speed for every capture or assist in capture

Well, my list was parody/for fun, and none of them are anything I would ever expect to see in the game (the coding alone would make whoever is doing WOWS code now think about volunteering for deep sea research using a snorkle).  Since the theme seems to be The Next Generation, that's where I kept my focus as well as the spirit of what each commander was in the series.  

Just like other themed collaborations, I expect we'll get one or two commanders with voiceovers but no other special modifiers.

• Like 1

Well, my list was parody/for fun, and none of them are anything I would ever expect to see in the game (the coding alone would make whoever is doing WOWS code now think about volunteering for deep sea research using a snorkle).  Since the theme seems to be The Next Generation, that's where I kept my focus as well as the spirit of what each commander was in the series.  

Just like other themed collaborations, I expect we'll get one or two commanders with voiceovers but no other special modifiers.

There's a promotional image over on the reddit that suggest four commanders (Picard, Spock, Sela, and a Klingon I can't fully make out, possibly Gowron) and four ships. Klingon cruiser, Federation carrier, Romulan destroyer, and Vulcan battleship. Looking at the lines it sure appears the CV is some flavor of Yorktown, as expected, and the BB is... maybe German? Nazi Spock would certainly be a choice. The others I'm not making out.

Of course I'm not 100% sure the origin of the image and it could mean nothing.