My top picks for tier 9 ranked! And why I think so.

BOBTHEBALL

17 minutes ago, Love_Ur_Cits said:

Tier 9 Ranked recommendations and summary from Flamu (love him or hate him, he does know his ships)

Riga best TT Cruiser for Ranked? ... looks like I'm not the only weirdo. 

I still think Alaska is overrated for this format, sure it is a durable ship and packs a punch... but in a world of Kitakazes, Mogadors and secondary BBs? I don't think she's so great.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

I still think Alaska is overrated for this format, sure it is a durable ship and packs a punch... but in a world of Kitakazes, Mogadors and secondary BBs? I don't think she's so great.

The useful aspect of fat cruisers and petroline is that they create a real crossfire with battleships, instead of doing nothing at all. They generate angling problems for the kriegsmarine push. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I can't take this list seriously without Z-46 on it, especially with some arms race battles. The 3 you have listed have very little cap presence, unless taking the far cap from the start with a Mogador is considered cap presence.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Love_Ur_Cits said:

Tier 9 Ranked recommendations and summary from Flamu (love him or hate him, he does know his ships)

Tier9ranked.thumb.png.5e0efd00917d967badb1998cf35f0831.png

Link to recent video (7 months old)

While I hate playing tier 9 cruisers I think if I had to put them in a tierlist that is how I'd do it. Porbably move Donkey, Riga and Kronstadt down while moving Buffalo and Siegfried up slightly.

10 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

While Alaska is easy to farm she can still slap around quite a lot with the AP. Riga trades that slightly, gets burned less but slapped around a bit still. Trades huge chunks to smaller AP chunks but more consistently. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Siegfried

Her strength is her long range accuracy, downplayed by her few guns and long reload. Which aren't exactly advantages in ranked, and in current "press W" meta. Agir is better. U don't take conceal, but rudder and profit.

• Bored 2

5 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

Her strength is her long range accuracy, downplayed by her few guns and long reload. Which aren't exactly advantages in ranked, and in current "press W" meta. Agir is better. U don't take conceal, but rudder and profit.

Siegfried can actually pack a punch at all ranges. Especially if you go full balls to the wall and run outnumbered and TGG for the tightest, grippiest, pinkest dispersion around.

• Like 1

Let me say this, I have had a revelation. Firstly, I was wrong. There is a tier 9 cruiser I enjoy for ranked. It is... 

RIGA

My least favourite part about the ship, was dispersion. I  have managed to rectify that situation with my quite interesting build. This build is not advised but I really enjoyed the game I had with it. I'll play with it a bit more and hopefully finish tweaking it to have a final build.

image_2024-06-13_223953657.thumb.png.da41e8407493c35b4de1c0bef8980210.png

image_2024-06-13_224025829.thumb.png.94e5a345c376f4da7362813aef9a74f7.png

This is a demented, dented and quiet idiotic build. However the guns were extremely consistent and I managed a fun game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

This is a demented, dented and quiet idiotic build. However the guns were extremely consistent and I managed a fun game.

"If it's stupid, but it works, then it's not stupid." - Murphy's Laws of Combat

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

That's quite similar to my build, thanks for the implication 🤣.  But what's that weird thing You packed in module slot 5?

Also I'm not a fan of Outnumbered, I prefer extra HP for extra tankyness. 

7 hours ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Siegfried can actually pack a punch at all ranges. Especially if you go full balls to the wall and run outnumbered and TGG for the tightest, grippiest, pinkest dispersion around.

Siegfried.png

Horses for courses.

\_(ツ)_/¯

4 hours ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Let me say this, I have had a revelation. Firstly, I was wrong. There is a tier 9 cruiser I enjoy for ranked. It is... 

RIGA

My least favourite part about the ship, was dispersion. I  have managed to rectify that situation with my quite interesting build. This build is not advised but I really enjoyed the game I had with it. I'll play with it a bit more and hopefully finish tweaking it to have a final build.

image_2024-06-13_223953657.thumb.png.da41e8407493c35b4de1c0bef8980210.png

image_2024-06-13_224025829.thumb.png.94e5a345c376f4da7362813aef9a74f7.png

interesting build

ive had good games with this setup  next commander skill will be top grade gunner 

shot-24.06.13_09.19.35-0221.jpg

shot-24.06.13_09.19.56-0922.jpg

8 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

interesting build

ive had good games with this setup  next commander skill will be top grade gunner 

shot-24.06.13_09.19.35-0221.jpg

shot-24.06.13_09.19.56-0922.jpg

That's uh, an even more interesting build...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

That's quite similar to my build, thanks for the implication 🤣.  But what's that weird thing You packed in module slot 5?

Concealment makes the radar kinda of usable, it's probably the best pick in that slot.

9 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Also I'm not a fan of Outnumbered, I prefer extra HP for extra tankyness. 

I just wanted to minimize dispersion so I went all out, if I were to perfect my build I'd probably swap TGG for AR and the AP damage skill.

26 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Concealment makes the radar kinda of usable, it's probably the best pick in that slot.

Oh my... did they changed the icon or my memory is so fckd I didn't recognize the icon for the module I use on almost every ship, including Riga. 

I will blame this one on ageing and sleep deprivation... 

31 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

I just wanted to minimize dispersion so I went all out,

Outnumbered now improves dispersion? I had the idea it only improved RoF and speed.

9 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Oh my... did they changed the icon or my memory is so fckd I didn't recognize the icon for the module I use on almost every ship, including Riga. 

I will blame this one on ageing and sleep deprivation... 

It happens to the best of us

9 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Outnumbered now improves dispersion? I had the idea it only improved RoF and speed.

Top grade gunner improves rate of fire when there's an enemy in your detection. Outnumbered improves your dispersion and speed when there are a certain amount of enemies in your main gun range.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/13/2024 at 10:38 AM, Ducky_shot said:

I can't take this list seriously without Z-46 on it, especially with some arms race battles. The 3 you have listed have very little cap presence, unless taking the far cap from the start with a Mogador is considered cap presence.

Haha

Looks more or less like my Petrobuild. Dunno about ranked but I can say I very rarely activate outnumbered in randos. When team dies spotting dies. 

There's been a lot of discussion of all cruisers and the TT battleships and destroyers, but how do the premium BBs and DDs stack up? Musashi, Georgia, Black, Jager, etc.

1 hour ago, Tricericon said:

There's been a lot of discussion of all cruisers and the TT battleships and destroyers, but how do the premium BBs and DDs stack up? Musashi, Georgia, Black, Jager, etc.

whats wrong with a good olde techtree ship

20 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

whats wrong with a good olde techtree ship

Nothing, but there's nothing wrong with prems either.

3 hours ago, Tricericon said:

Depending on how free I'll be I might do a premium tier 9 list like this one. I can see people are interested so it gives me a little boost of confidence here and there.

• Like 1

• HogHammer unfeatured this topic