I HAVE RETURNED

tm63au

Yes I am back, proudly a member of WG and WOWS / NA  top 10 public enemies hit list, feared by WOWS/NA MODS, loathed by WG shills and yes men.

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions and loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son. Husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next WG for the heinous crime of closing down the " The Forum", there is nowhere to hide. 😠

Oh wait this is a WOWS Community forum, OK then my mistake 😁 wait what, what is that red flashing light 😲 I'm permanently banned already and I have not even finished my opening introductory first post oh no surely not.

Anyway been doing some serious playing of Canarias for the Spanish event just recently and my God that ship's ammunition is just woeful, shells bounce or break or if you hit something specially a BB and even some cruisers you barely do any damage, shell penetration is just terrible, and with no HE playing it is forgettable, I have 3 other Spanish cruisers from the tech tree which I have not played yet and going by how bad Canarias is I don't think I will unless I'm missing something about these ships.

Anyway it was fun doing my first and probably last post here. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

53 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Lol whut? Dude, get in line.

No matter how hard you are, you'll never be as hard as SkybuckFlying.

VfEJ9BY.png

👍

1 hour ago, tm63au said:

Yes I am back, proudly a member of WG and WOWS / NA  top 10 public enemies hit list, feared by WOWS/NA MODS, loathed by WG shills and yes men.

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions and loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son. Husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next WG for the heinous crime of closing down the " The Forum", there is nowhere to hide. 😠

Oh wait this is a WOWS Community forum, OK then my mistake 😁 wait what, what is that red flashing light 😲 I'm permanently banned already and I have not even finished my opening introductory first post oh no surely not.

Anyway been doing some serious playing of Canarias for the Spanish event just recently and my God that ship's ammunition is just woeful, shells bounce or break or if you hit something specially a BB and even some cruisers you barely do any damage, shell penetration is just terrible, and with no HE playing it is forgettable, I have 3 other Spanish cruisers from the tech tree which I have not played yet and going by how bad Canarias is I don't think I will unless I'm missing something about these ships.

Anyway it was fun doing my first and probably last post here. 

You're late.  What kept you?  Did a funny thing happen on the way to the Forum?  🙂
Welcome @tm63au🙂 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

You're late.  What kept you?  Did a funny thing happen on the way to the Forum?  🙂
Welcome @tm63au🙂 

My Battleship ran out of fuel mid Atlantic, it took a bit of time to paddle to the nearest petrol station 😊 07 thank you Sir     

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, tm63au said:

My Battleship ran out of fuel mid Atlantic, it took a bit of time to paddle to the nearest petrol station 😊 07 thank you Sir     

All's well that ends well, eh?  o7  🙂 

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

Hmm...we're anonymous on here, but... I believe we're onto a continental jumper here...

tm63au -> petrol station (UK?) -> Game Server: NA

...and of course, mid Atlantic

I jumpeth to conclusions with glee...

Oh, and, Welcome!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

Hmm...we're anonymous on here, but... I believe we're onto a continental jumper here...

tm63au -> petrol station (UK?) -> Game Server: NA

...and of course, mid Atlantic

I jumpeth to conclusions with glee...

Oh, and, Welcome!

No always been NA, but the Atlantic Naval Theatre of Operations was always my first love but Germany's fuel crisis is bad  and poor Scharnhorst does not run on E10 fuel, the mileage is terrible these days  😊

12 minutes ago, yss_turtleship said:

Welcome, I'm glad you found your way over here. 

filling a German BB's fuel tank is expensive these days and I still ran out of fuel getting here o7

Edited by tm63au
  • Haha 1

Welcome back !  The more, the merrier !   At least, that's what they say !  

Alas, you are not the most hated.....some of us ^^^ seem to have "rankled a few feathers" over the years and to this day, many are shunned.

So, you'll fit in.

• Thanks 1

Why do I get the feeling that this thread is going to end up with those of us who got warnings from WG bragging about same?

(Subtle, eh? Smile_trollface.gif.e80392bab92e147976299f1e1d389fa0.gif)

1 hour ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

Why do I get the feeling that this thread is going to end up with those of us who got warnings from WG bragging about same?

(Subtle, eh? Smile_trollface.gif.e80392bab92e147976299f1e1d389fa0.gif)

The difference is:  this isn't owned by that game.  So far, the meek are meek and the vibrant are vibrant......and, nothing has exploded yet - a good sign.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Asym said:

......and, nothing has exploded yet - a good sign.

That is really good. Everyone is in the right mood.

35 minutes ago, EXEC_HYMNE_Ar_tonelico said:

That is really good. Everyone is in the right mood.

Yes.

It really has proven WG staff wrong.

When this forum was announced, WG staff were openly crowing that we would devolve into toxicity quickly.

It's amusing to see them pop over here and be disappointed.

13 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

It's amusing to see them pop over here and be disappointed.

Just FYI, WG is not allowed to engage, with very controlled exceptions which haven't interacted with us yet, to interact in this forum. They are disallowed to do that by their own rules.

So they aren't here, don't worry about that 🙂

Ships running out of fuel, now there's an idea for WOW to implement, capture refuel points or your ships a lame duck ... sorry, need to stop giving out crazy ideas to the devs.

@tm63au welcome to the other side of the pond. 

You may find that the Spanish cruiser tech tree is more fun than Caranaris - Their (not gimmicked) ROF is... not great but their accuracy IMO is pretty good - on a par with the Japanese ships. My take is "good guns, "Meh" everything else". The torpedoes seem "French": low count, good angles and a bit slow. 

As for the moderation, you'll find that the rules are very similar to the "old" forum, but the auto-filter won't remove words like "Warthunder" because we don't have to worry about a competitor advertising on our board 😉 I've also noticed that with most of the "frequent fliers" in terms of moderating (yes, I was a mod on the old forums) a PM served as well as a formal warning in most cases. Thus far the majority of post "reports" were the OP realizing that they had made an error, and were past the "edit" timeline. 

I'm not sure if we will see WG's team showing up here, since this is (in a way) "competition" to their Discord "forum" so we will wait and see. I think that it is in everyone's interest to have a growing and active community whether that is on or off of WG's "official" sites. 

@Kratos The Unforgiving even more interesting might be ships running out of ammunition - Many of the CL's can expend their entire carried ammunition load in ~10 minutes of continuous fire, and DD's (and Subs) carried a very finite number of torpedoes... I have often wondered what WoWS would be like if DD's could only use their torp racks once!

6 minutes ago, SureBridge said:

I'm not sure if we will see WG's team showing up here,

My bet is that they might be permitted to sign-up with their official names merely to prevent other people from impersonating them.

Other than that @EXEC_HYMNE_Ar_tonelico has mentioned in a few posts on this forum that WG/WOWs employees are prohibited from engaging this forum in an official capacity (at least for now).  My understanding is that it is a WG/WOWs policy and not a policy of exclusion by this forum.

This forum fills a perceived void created by the shutdown of the old WOWs forums.  I wasn't alone in deciding not to migrate to "discord".

Personally I'm here to have fun and share interesting & humorous discussions on various topics.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EXEC_HYMNE_Ar_tonelico said:

Just FYI, WG is not allowed to engage, with very controlled exceptions which haven't interacted with us yet, to interact in this forum. They are disallowed to do that by their own rules.

So they aren't here, don't worry about that 🙂

I thought I saw Sub_O here a few days back...

Maybe I dreamed that?

1 minute ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I thought I saw Sub_O here a few days back...

It's a guy with a name like Sub_O's.  Got me for a second, too.

27 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

It's a guy with a name like Sub_O's.  Got me for a second, too.

He hasn't denied being Sub_O.

I favor treating that with extreme caution.

• Confused 1