I think Wedgie messed up aiming again.

Andrewbassg

I'm not sure but is seems to me that disp AGAIN has changed. it is WAAY more grouped  now that it was before. Before D day. I think they messed up and the instructions were ported over to "regular" battles.

Smile_amazed.gif.28479b334f88f3e0b24d84b

And perhaps unrelated but shooting over islands and hitting something is now very unlikely.

• Bored 1

Tell that to my BB dispersion that still loves bracketing both sides but not even landing one shell on the deck of the ship I'm aiming at for some shots.

• Like 2

I noticed locking on target and looking elsewhere sometimes causes shells to fire off bonkers

I see the usual suspects are lining up once more to blame their shooting on external factors beyond their control. 

The only one I ever blame is myself. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I see the usual suspects are lining up once more to blame their shooting on external factors beyond their control. 

These guys shoot way better than you, and they can instantly see something unusual or strange when it happens to them.

34 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

You should.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

You can blame yourself only if you control the RNG, which you don’t.

26 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

You can blame yourself only if you control the RNG, which you don’t.

Consistent shooting compensates for RNG. Constantly seeing yourself as a passive victim doesn't.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Consistent shooting

Which is exactly what looks like is messed up, hence the post.  But, nah, minor detail, right?

• Thanks 1

When hasn't Wedgie messed up aiming again? 😁

1 hour ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

only if you control the RNG, which you don’t.

Anyone with any brains knows exactly 'who controls the RNG'.

6 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

to blame their shooting on external factors beyond their control.

To see your proper aiming go awry yet some opponent from across the map doesn't miss is an external factor that is controlled by 'we all know who' 😁

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

I'm not sure but is seems to me that disp AGAIN has changed. it is WAAY more grouped  now that it was before. Before D day. I think they messed up and the instructions were ported over to "regular" battles.

And perhaps unrelated but shooting over islands and hitting something is now very unlikely.

Personally, I think dispersion is one of those things that gets adjusted 'randomly' like the HP of the torpedo modules.

It's just one of the many tools to incentivize the monetization strategy.

The idea that it is constant is a playerbase delusion.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Frostbow said:

These guys shoot way better than you, and they can instantly see something unusual or strange when it happens to them.

Even more that they can recognize that it is wrong in a consistent way departing from how mechanics have previously operated. Its a reason to watch really strong streamers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Personally, I think dispersion is one of those things that gets adjusted 'randomly' like the HP of the torpedo modules.

It's just one of the many tools to incentivize the monetization strategy.

The idea that it is constant is a playerbase delusion.

Wow,  couldn't have described welcome to rigged games any better.

• Thanks 1
  • Bored 1

2 hours ago, Pugilistic said:

Even more that they can recognize that it is wrong in a consistent way departing from how mechanics have previously operated. Its a reason to watch really strong streamers. 

If not for the streamers WG would have just stayed blissfully dismissive of it.

8 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Consistent shooting compensates for RNG. Constantly seeing yourself as a passive victim doesn't.

There are documented aim bugs and they have been brought to WG's attention many times in the past, yet we still see these in the game from time to time that to ascribe it to RNG is such a sick and demented joke.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've had some issues with shots being thrown into the water, and "auto-lock" locking onto the incorrect targets (and thus "helping" me throw shells over my actual target. The last patch there were a number of folks that I talk to on a regular basis who would fire shells into the water in front of their target even at ridiculously close (<5 km) range. This was generally BB's and large cruisers, and hitting "X" twice before firing (unlock and relock) seemed to work. This suggests that the "lock on" bug (or a new incarnation of same) may be back. 

Had some trouble earlier tonight with my Nevsky in clan battles. I resolved this by alternating fire between the 4 people who were trying to kill me, suggesting that it is the "lock on" bug or variant therof (the last time it only caused issues if you stayed locked onto the same target for a "long" (>45 seconds) period of time. I think that's the first time I've approached 3M potential damage in a cruiser, so I'll tentatively call it a "success" (I eventually went down, but we held 3 caps long enough to get the win).

To observe the "odd" behavior take a look at the render around 18-20 seconds, firing at the petro and whiffing (a lot) before alternating petro/GK/Stali. Still a lot of non-pens when alternating targets, but the shots connected.

Just now, SureBridge said:

@Andrewbassg @Kynami @WES_HoundDog it Looks like they noticed that there was an aiming bug introduced last patch. From the latest update notes: 

image.thumb.png.d0a6dcecd87b6d791f010df0ae93d5a4.png

I had this happening with Helena during D-Day ops. It wasn't happening on my other ships.

On 6/9/2024 at 12:52 AM, SureBridge said:

I've had some issues with shots being thrown into the water, and "auto-lock" locking onto the incorrect targets (and thus "helping" me throw shells over my actual target. The last patch there were a number of folks that I talk to on a regular basis who would fire shells into the water in front of their target even at ridiculously close (<5 km) range. This was generally BB's and large cruisers, and hitting "X" twice before firing (unlock and relock) seemed to work. This suggests that the "lock on" bug (or a new incarnation of same) may be back. 

Had some trouble earlier tonight with my Nevsky in clan battles. I resolved this by alternating fire between the 4 people who were trying to kill me, suggesting that it is the "lock on" bug or variant therof (the last time it only caused issues if you stayed locked onto the same target for a "long" (>45 seconds) period of time. I think that's the first time I've approached 3M potential damage in a cruiser, so I'll tentatively call it a "success" (I eventually went down, but we held 3 caps long enough to get the win).

To observe the "odd" behavior take a look at the render around 18-20 seconds, firing at the petro and whiffing (a lot) before alternating petro/GK/Stali. Still a lot of non-pens when alternating targets, but the shots connected.

I noticed the same thing, and I think I saw it addressed on a stream. I started doing manual unlock/lock, and I believe that this was greatly reduced. 

On 6/8/2024 at 10:06 PM, Ensign Cthulhu said:

The only usual suspect you should see is Wargaming.

Next time, before you even think of putting the blame on your fellow players, at least try to recall and understand the previous manifestations of the problem.

See below:

11 hours ago, SureBridge said:

@Andrewbassg @Kynami @WES_HoundDog it Looks like they noticed that there was an aiming bug introduced last patch. From the latest update notes: 

So WG has admitted it, yet again, and that they are fixing problems related to aiming. 

The question now is, how long until we see the same problem once again? 😂

18 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

The only usual suspect you should see is Wargaming.

Next time, before you even think of putting the blame on your fellow players, at least try to recall and understand the previous manifestations of the problem.

See below:

So WG has admitted it, yet again, and that they are fixing problems related to aiming. 

The question now is, how long until we see the same problem once again? 😂

The only usual suspect here is EC, complaining about people using negative hype to discuss real problems with the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/9/2024 at 7:52 AM, SureBridge said:

Wedgie is quite obviously manipulates the disp AND landing of AP shells. Just take out a Nep and u will see wazz goin on....

Yeah they are full of it.

25 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

Wedgie is quite obviously manipulates the disp AND landing of AP shells. Just take out a Nep and u will see wazz goin on....

Yeah they are full of it.

Not just AP...also HE, fire chance...etc.

All reasons why taking this game seriously in a competitive sense is just absurd.

It's a meme arcade. Enjoy it for what it is. Don't try to believe it's something more equitable. That way will only lead to a broken heart.

On 6/8/2024 at 3:05 PM, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I played Ops last night after a few nights off.....   The "geography bug" in several of the Ops is still alive and well.  Where no matter where you aim, your rounds simply fall well short.  That is a bug that exists and is tied to "specific map locations"  -  if I were to guess, it's tied to a math issues created with the submarine deployments and how the game calculated the battlespace in the 4th dimension (depth)...   And, another sweet one is the "lost azimuth" bug for torpedoes volume fire.  In a Shimato, shooting two racks of torps at the same ship, say in Aegis, one spread simply goes 30 to 45 degrees behind the desired aim point  !  That bug again, is tied to ships near land masses....  If the enemy is skirting an Island, I see this bug alot.......and have reported it several time.....!

There are several others....  I love the "reticle inducement turns"....  The second your reticle touches an enemy ship and you fire, that ship is turning the second your munitions leave the tubes.  And, you are outside of detection....  Coincidence?  No......

@Ensign Cthulhu you are right in that shooting is and has to be thought through.  It's a hard skill to master !!!

It's just a shame, that the game has a "few" issues that are controlled to "effect game play" that affects player compensation....  It's a business and how would we even know if [ add a tin foil hat thought ] ?

And, I'm now more skeptical after the botting admission and other rules violations or bans that we have read about in this forum.... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Asym said:

There are several others....  I love the "reticle inducement turns"....  The second your reticle touches an enemy ship and you fire, that ship is turning the second your munitions leave the tubes.  And, you are outside of detection....  Coincidence?  No......

I noticed that WG bots in Asymmetric would actively dodge shells the moment you fired them...of course, they did so in predictable ways.

So, Id fire one gun at them to induce the turn...then fire the rest where their slowing turn would put them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Asym said:

… how the game calculated the battlespace in the 4th dimension (depth)...  

I would think someone with your background would grasp that the battlespace would consist of only three dimensions, despite the addition of submarines: up/down(“depth”) is all one dimension, as is left/right, as is forward/ backward/fore/aft.

On 6/11/2024 at 4:28 AM, SureBridge said:

I really hope this fixes it because I have had some EXTREMELY suspicious salvos before.