What does this mean?

WES_HoundDog

Posted (edited)

Is there an area where not all of the AA mounts fire within their "Action Zone"?

image.thumb.jpeg.95da62f200c0634a22e9d0e2dca63df2.jpeg

Edited by WES_HoundDog

The firing ranges speak for themselves.

Just thinking, does AA work like secondaries, only firing half the AA if the planes are coming from one side?   Is their an angle the increases AA effectiveness?     Maybe i'm just over thinking this.

5 minutes ago, WES_HoundDog said:

Just thinking, does AA work like secondaries, only firing half the AA if the planes are coming from one side?   Is their an angle the increases AA effectiveness?     Maybe i'm just over thinking this.

The “action zone” is simply the AA range of the various gun groups (long, medium, and short). AA guns also don’t have firing arcs in the same manner as secondaries, and target all planes within their respective range regardless of location on the ship.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Meaning range and hit probability.

Range is self-explanatory.

Hit probability is an indicator for how many AA mounts of a given calibre the ship can brings to bear at any time (AA's "broadside"), since ship has superstructures that block the firing arc of AA mounts. I no longer have source for this though so I may be wrong. Sounds like a simple solution instead of calculating the three-dimensional firing arc of each AA mounts.

This is why DD usually has high or even 100% hit probability.

Edited by TimurGlazkov
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TimurGlazkov said:

Meaning range and hit probability.

Range is self-explanatory.

Hit probability is an indicator for how many AA mounts of a given calibre the ship can brings to bear at any time (AA's "broadside"), since ship has superstructures that block the firing arc of AA mounts. I no longer have source for this though so I may be wrong. Sounds like a simple solution instead of calculating the three-dimensional firing arc of each AA mounts.

That's a persuasive explanation to the "accuracy" parameter: that it may acutally means "arrangement efficiency" in addition to fire control effectiveness as the AA mechanic has already been simplified into an aura effect.

On 6/8/2024 at 8:39 AM, TimurGlazkov said:

not really because is not a per ship basis but a per ship type basis BB get 70-75%, cruisers 80-90% and DDs 100%, The damage numbers are also completely arbitrary i mean vermont has less medium aura DPS than gouden leeuw despite having 21x4 40mm vs  12x1 40mm 🤔  

All in all AA is a gigantic mess and so far this is what i understand of it:

continuous damage: unavoidable damage done over time vs planes that are within the AA aura range between 0.1km to aura range. AA auras overlap so the plane will be taking an increasing amount of damage as auras overlap be either from the same ship or other ships AA auras.

flak puffs: this will work only within 3.5km to long range AA max range. They deal way more damage than the AA aura but they require to hit the plane, any half decent player will dodge them without much problem.

sector reinforcement: increase a side AA power by taking it from the other side, For the most part is a trade off with more damage against planes attacking but  then  less damage while they exit or attack from the other side.

• Like 1