Well Im Pretty happy... Got Karl Johan AND Minegumo for..

SerahKhan

232,000 Coal X 2

I dont know if I got this advice here or close to it, but Thx to Forums here, I got 2 ships I really wanted...

I Had the Forrest Sherman, and 1.2 Million Coal (as I don't want the Halford plane cancer DD ship..)

I Turned in the Forrest Sherman once for Johan

Reloaded Game (as it doe snot remove it until logoff/logon)

Bought Forrest for 232,000 Coal (1st Time) and Paid 1674 Gold (

Rinse Repeat

I know have Both Ships and My Sherman for 232,000 X 2..

What a Deal, and I still have 900,000 Coal after turning in 252 crates I was accumulating since I started the Dockyard (Got 82,000 Coal in the free ones)

Best Deal ever, and all thanks to you all

Thx a lot!

Jean

• Like 12

These kinds of events are why you want to have good reserves of resources like coal, FXP, credits, community tokens, etc. I like to keep enough coal on hand to buy any two new ships available in Armory and have enough left over to buy any new special captain they may introduce.   It is nice to be able to participate in auctions and events like this without worrying about grinding out enough coal (or whatever) in a hurry.  Personally I am very happy too with this event because it allowed me to dump the Sherman, get the Johan, rebuy the Sherman and get the Brandenburg. Both were ships I much preferred having over the destroyer (really unhappy with the torpedo firing angles).  Overall I would say a fun event. 

• Like 4

The coal AND the doubloons....right?

• Like 2

I did the same thing. Didn't really plan to, but after I did the F. Sherman/Minegumo swap, I realized that I had (just barely) enough resources to get the Karl Johan. Had to think about it a bit, especially since replacing Sherman a second time would burn most of my meager supply of steel (I know, I know...never use steel as substitute coal. Feel free to use me as a target for your scorn and abuse). 

So now I have two new premium ships, and almost nothing in coal, steel, and doubloons. I guess WG will be happy that I emptied my bank, but what the heck...

😜

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oldblackdog said:

(I know, I know...never use steel as substitute coal. Feel free to use me as a target for your scorn and abuse). 

Bad doggy! 😄

• Like 1

One qustion for you all: is Salem worth to trade for San Diego or Dalian?

2 hours ago, oldblackdog said:

I guess WG will be happy that I emptied my bank, but what the heck...

😜

As long as your happy who cares what WG thinks. Good luck and enjoy your new ships!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, WildWind84 said:

One question for you all: is Salem worth to trade for San Diego or Dalian?

That's a tough one. I don't have Dalian, but Salem and San Diego are both very good ships. I think this would be more of a sideways move than any kind of improvement.

Edited by oldblackdog
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, WildWind84 said:

One qustion for you all: is Salem worth to trade for San Diego or Dalian?

I have over 1.3 million XP on my Salem. There's no way I'm trading it out for anything.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, clammboy said:

As long as your happy who cares what WG thinks. Good luck and enjoy your new ships!!!

Amen.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

The coal AND the doubloons....right?

Wasn't any doubloon cost for the Brandenburg, just the cost of the Sherman in coal.  For the battleship, I had to pay like 1700 (?) doubloons which I have been saving from playing on the PTS. You get a few hundred each new update and if you just hang onto them, they add up. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

These kinds of events are why you want to have good reserves of resources like coal, FXP, credits, community tokens, etc. I like to keep enough coal on hand to buy any two new ships available in Armory and have enough left over to buy any new special captain they may introduce.   It is nice to be able to participate in auctions and events like this without worrying about grinding out enough coal (or whatever) in a hurry.  Personally I am very happy too with this event because it allowed me to dump the Sherman, get the Johan, rebuy the Sherman and get the Brandenburg. Both were ships I much preferred having over the destroyer (really unhappy with the torpedo firing angles).  Overall I would say a fun event. 

Agreed

Also very annoyed with Forrest Sherman, no comparison to Minegumo and Karl Johan, both great ships

And yes, also the 1675 Gold X 2 as well, but well worth it compared to the crappy Battlepass..

Thx again for the advice and comments

Jean

Edited by SerahKhan
  • Like 4

Yes Minegumo is pretty good, with rapid 2 type trosp if needed and good guns

Just imo

J

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SerahKhan said:

Yes Minegumo is pretty good, with rapid 2 type trosp if needed and good guns

Just imo

J

Good guns? Are you sure we are talking about the same ship? I mean Minegumo, the turrets turn like a herd of elephants and the ship itself turns like a brick. I got sunk by a CV in one battle being unable to dodge the incoming torps and he had noticed the same thing.

Am I doing something drastically wrong?

• Like 2

Okay, I've seen Minegumo top the leaderboard with 4 kills. We lost, but nonetheless, I'm clearly doing something wrong. I just can't get why I tend to do better with Asashio (that battle I was 4th and best of the t8's). This makes no sense, and it's even the same captain on both...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Okay, I've seen Minegumo top the leaderboard with 4 kills. We lost, but nonetheless, I'm clearly doing something wrong. I just can't get why I tend to do better with Asashio (that battle I was 4th and best of the t8's). This makes no sense, and it's even the same captain on both...

Maybe because Asashio is a better ship?

1 hour ago, Ocsimano18 said:

Maybe because Asashio is a better ship?

In what respect, though. The guns are the same, I don't think the parameters are any better though I haven't compared them in detail yet. Unless WG has pulled some of their usual shenanigans this ship should be identical or slightly better as it's uptiered. Maybe they've done something that makes it harder to play well, but in theory it should be more effective as Asashio only has the option to use the DWT's, the worst kind as well, as those can only hit CV's and BB's.

• Like 1